Can I Trust A Dispensary?

I am a new patient and i've been reading on how the DEA has raided several medical marijuana dispensaries in michigan. Are these places even legal and would they ask me for private information such as my SSN to become a patient of theirs?

Any thoughts guys? Thanks for your help!

We do not know yet if they are legal in Michigan, but the feds do not care if they are legal or not. Many local governments consider them legal, a few do not. They will copy your card and I.D., which may end up in leo's hands. It does not seem that leo does much with the records. I am not willing to take that risk, but know many that do.

yes they want your information, so that is alwasy a risk, also they have extemely high priced meds, and from my experience of seeing and trying some. disgustedly over priced. But if you can afford it by all means, Colorado needs your money. Most are owned out of state with a few ganders running it for them.

My position is that this law was for a patient and caregiver to work together, or patient to patient to trade and help each other, I don't support disps.

I live in Grand Traverse county and visit dispensary's when I am in between harvest or just want a different flavor. We have about 6 or more dispensary's in the area and I can say I have been to them all and not one required any information other than seeing my patients card and drivers license.

Not all dispensaries make or keep copies of your information. I know at least 1 in the Lansing area that does not. They'll check your ID and card/paperwirk, but don't keep copies. Ultimately, your risk tolerance is what matters. There is no such thing as 100% guarantee of safety when it comes to medical marijuana, as the feds still say it is ALL illegal.

yes they want your information, so that is alwasy a risk, also they have extemely high priced meds, and from my experience of seeing and trying some. disgustedly over priced. But if you can afford it by all means, Colorado needs your money. Most are owned out of state with a few ganders running it for them.

My position is that this law was for a patient and caregiver to work together, or patient to patient to trade and help each other, I don't support disps.

That's my experience and my position as well...although I am not so sure about the CO ownership part...

I'm not defending bad dispensaries, but there are a few that actually have the patient in mind.

You can tell them apart not only by the price of the meds, but by the fact that the people running the place are patients themselves, own the business, and sometimes grow some of the product offered for patients. These kind of places will put the greedy ones out of business. The market will eventually rule on that.

I have a problem with the places that charge Cali and CO prices for meds without any of the other things the cali and co places do to justify their pricing. Like testing for mold, bacteria, pesticides, and cannabinoid content, for example.

I've never been to a dispensary & have no desire to go. That being said, in my opinion, use common sense and caution. For instance I am aware of one dispensary that is located in a school zone. No way would I go into that situation!

Guest Happy Guy

You are on camera when you get anywhere near the door. Federal cameras. You might end up being a valuable witness for them someday.

You should not give your SS Number to ANYBODY. You should know this. If I went into any place of business and they asked for my SS number in order to make a transaction, I would turn around and walk right back out. Peace!

Guest Happy Guy

You are on camera when you get anywhere near the door. Federal cameras. You might end up being a valuable witness for them someday.

Quote from Lansing raid thread.

This from an email message. This was a dispensary. Thanks, bb

There were at least two raids tonight in Lansing. One on a MMJ Compassion

Center on Michigan Ave called Evolve. It was Tri-county metro narcs that had

the warrant but witnesses say DEA was present as well as state police and

LPD. There were smoke bombs and flash grenades, one witness who was leaving

a doctors office next door said they threw a flash grenade in the parking

lot and it almost hit him. I will let you know when I have more details.

I was serious. Call it paranoid. I call it 'Paying Attention'. Either way, I nailed it.

... testing for mold, pesticides, and cannabinoid content, for example.

Agreed on the importance of providing Michigan patients only with tested safe, effective medical marijuana.

A testing lab service is now available throughout Michigan featuring free delivery with security protocols protecting samples all the way to the lab. It offers low-cost tests to individual growers that identify the ratios of THC, CBD, and CBN whole-plant compounds. Soon other equipment will identify whether samples have pesticides, mold, or mildew. Test costs are modest and the health benefits are many -- the last thing you want to consume is medicine full of contaminants especially is you have pulmonary problems.

Guest Happy Guy

Agreed on the importance of providing Michigan patients only with tested safe, effective medical marijuana.

A testing lab service is now available throughout Michigan featuring free delivery with security protocols protecting samples all the way to the lab. It offers low-cost tests to individual growers that identify the ratios of THC, CBD, and CBN whole-plant compounds. Soon other equipment will identify whether samples have pesticides, mold, or mildew. Test costs are modest and the health benefits are many -- the last thing you want to consume is medicine full of contaminants especially is you have pulmonary problems.

The test results are only as good as the honesty of who you are buying from. Bait and switch is an old money making game. The ONLY way to have safe medication is to know your grower. If you don't know your grower, you have no idea what you are buying.

Lots of thoughts...

lhb endorses craigslist, EP is a pot snob btw, I once paid $25 for a g of some disp meds. They were some real nice pirate cali flowers, not vacuum packed just ups'd in a mason jar. I still want like $12 bucks back.

The law is clear about how a mmp is supposed to get meds. It's from a "registered caregiver", it imo it implies that it should be your cg but does not say it. I'm sorry P2P people it does say caregiver. But hey if we all have cards, well, what ever........

if you need meds use cl, budtrader, this site and others to meet cg's

Or pay out the a$$! Hey if you got it like that, rock on!

Don't let them copy your ID or paper work, are you crazy!

Archived