Need Help On Nutes.. First Time Bubble Bucket

i have completed one grow in soil and started on my 2nd round, but have been intrugied by the 5gal bubble buckets, so i got one made up and have thrown a clone into it, for an experiment, but i am lost when it comes to the best nutes to use for veg and for flower. keep in mind this is my ONLY bubblebucket and its being done as an experiement, so i do not wanna spend outrageous amounts of money on nutes to support this. can any experienced growers out there , lend some advice to a newbie to the hydro world, lol. :thumbsu:

I'm a dirt grower for the most part, but Bubblegrower came over and hooked me up a little bubbletote that I recently put into flower.

As I said, I'm not hip to the hydro thing but I'm running a simple Lucas formula I believe.

Check out Bubblegrowers threads, that'll set you right. Good luck with the grow! :thumbsu:

get DynaGrow Bloom and MagPro. use 10 mil per gal Bloom and 5 mil per gal MagPro. change once a week, thank me later

this is the exact same thing that i did when i first started experimenting with bubble buckets years ago. worked great! i did also add protekt potassium silicon during veg.

i am already getting very excitied about this grow, had friend lend me enough nutes to get it going, buyin more this weekend. ive only had my girl in there 4 days and shes shot up in heigth 4 inches and the stem width is already surpasing my two other girls that are veggin in ff soil right next to her... hmmmmm maybe i should went with a better strain on this test run. looks like i might have a better pay off then i was expecting :pic: thanks to all for the great info :bow::bow:

i think i see a dbl bubble bucket in my near future....lol :lol:

i am already getting very excitied about this grow, had friend lend me enough nutes to get it going, buyin more this weekend. ive only had my girl in there 4 days and shes shot up in heigth 4 inches and the stem width is already surpasing my two other girls that are veggin in ff soil right next to her... hmmmmm maybe i should went with a better strain on this test run. looks like i might have a better pay off then i was expecting :pic: thanks to all for the great info :bow::bow:

i think i see a dbl bubble bucket in my near future....lol :lol:

Good Luck bro !

This set up does wrok great ! Ive been pretty happy with my first grow :)

i have completed one grow in soil and started on my 2nd round, but have been intrugied by the 5gal bubble buckets, so i got one made up and have thrown a clone into it, for an experiment, but i am lost when it comes to the best nutes to use for veg and for flower. keep in mind this is my ONLY bubblebucket and its being done as an experiement, so i do not wanna spend outrageous amounts of money on nutes to support this. can any experienced growers out there , lend some advice to a newbie to the hydro world, lol. :thumbsu:

It'll cost you less than thirty bucks to get a quart of GH Micro and GH Bloom. That's all you need for the Lucas formula. It works well, and a quart of each should last you a long tome with just one bucket.

If mixing flora is too much the GH flora nova has worked for me one part veg one part bloom. Gh has many other additives too. Flora nova seems to be strong enough, good growth easy to ph and stable. I havnt had any nutrient burn. But the Lucas formula would be superior just takes some patience. If you just want to see results though I reccomend te flora nova it's about 28 for each bottle but I think it's good bang for buck situation.

I grow in areoponics and I use Litro Grow

http://deadheadsunited.wordpress.com/2010/06/15/litrogrow-new-lighting-nutrient-technologies-pave-way-for-patient-grow-success/

I am amazed with results from this plant food it is 1 part and I use 1 ounce a gallon and nothing els from cutting to harvest and I do not have to change the water in my reservoirs my water stays crystal clear through out the whole grow no salt build up because no NPK misters no longer clog plants do not burn and stay healthy also I do not need to flush my plants at harvest and my Ph does not fluctuate much so now I can take a vacaation

Where do I go to learn how to use or get bubble buckets?

This is your basic set up for BubbleBuckets. Dont let that "basic" word fool ya :)

My link

This is BG's table of contents for All of your growing needs. I would just read over it a few times. Or even read the whole thread sometime. It Will help you.

My link

i am already tottaly impressed with my experiment, the growth rate is very nice :thumbsu: enjoy seeing those bright white roots shooting down. im already getting my dbl bubble tote rede for some new girls:zoro: thanks BG and everyone else for the great info. think the soils gonna be leaving my house soon. lol

Whatever you use, make certain that you don't use tap water. The city water system adds a calcium ion to protect old rusty pipes and that nasty ion will cause a condition called nutrient lock-out. So with a single bucket experiment you can use distilled water but then condition it with a quality CA-Mg at a rate of about 5ml in a gallon. Also bubble that well before putting it in use.

Whatever you use, make certain that you don't use tap water. The city water system adds a calcium ion to protect old rusty pipes and that nasty ion will cause a condition called nutrient lock-out. So with a single bucket experiment you can use distilled water but then condition it with a quality CA-Mg at a rate of about 5ml in a gallon. Also bubble that well before putting it in use.

SORRY, WRONG. I use straight tap water from Detroit water system. right from the tap. no waiting. no bubbling. AND NO PROBLEMS.

SORRY, WRONG. I use straight tap water from Detroit water system. right from the tap. no waiting. no bubbling. AND NO PROBLEMS.

What's the PPM of your city water? I have well water and I am at about 275 ppm, although I have been using RO water that I get from my friends house, and am just about to buy an RO system.. And actually, I have not had the healthiest looking plants. I am thinking about trying out a run with my well water, I just never did it because of what I have heard. Also, what nutes are you using?... EDIT: i just read through the thread and see that you said to use Dynagro Bloom and MagPro... do you use the same concentrations during veg and flower?

its the system and method we use-only all the buckets are hooked up in parallel with two reservoirs ( [1] inflow -[2] outflow) so when it comes time to monitor change and ad nutrients to the water you only have one source to monkey with instead of multiple totes to mess with-glad you made the jump

i will add one more piece of advice-use unsulfured molasses in the last week of every nutrient cycle and lest i forget keep your nutes from 68-72 degrees if you let your nutrient solution go warmer than that there can be swampy smelling buckets, unhealthy roots and slowed/diminished growth harvest-good luck and i still need a cut of F.L.:rolleyes:

Archived