12/12 From Seed?

tooldini

I know this is frowned upon doing 12/12 from seed but I have no were to veg right now. To make matters worse I am using an autoflower lowryder LOL I tried it a couple weeks ago with a bagseed and a purple jems but they were both male after 10 days or so I pitched em out.I am just having fun and not a caregiver so its just experimenting and stuff. I like to learn by doing things the most wrong way. Does anyone have any advice for this type of grow. I have seen on some other sites some decent grows, but they tend to grow kinda like my Cali hash plant straight up stick style.

Going straight to 12/12 from seed you will have a higher chance of getting a hermie also. Not a guarantee, but higher chance as it stresses the plant to think that it has to HURRY and make seeds before it dies.

One thing you might look into is to put them under the 12/12 while those lights are on, then move then outside of the grow room and keep them under just a desk lamp or something for another 4 hours or so. It doesn't even have to be a grow light, just any light will keep the plant thinking it is still summer.

I don't know your timing, but I could see something like, 6 am lights on, all plants in grow room. 6 PM lights turn off in grow room, move seedlings out and put under a desk lamp, 11 PM put them back in grow room, all lights off.

17 hours in light, you get the benefit of not stressing the plant too much, without having to set up another room and the added growth of your big grow lights for 12 hours.

I did that for a while with my mothers and never had a problem.

Cedar

Well I am trying it again,, this time I have a Purple Jems lowryder, and 3 bagseeds. One bagseed sprouted in the water over night so I planted it and the other 2 I just threw in the soil. I will be using some house-garden nutrient samples I got on 1 bagseed and earthjuice on the other bagseed. Purple jems lowryder will be getting earthjuice grow and then earthjuice Bloom. this is fun stuff for sure and my cabinet is getting crowded so I kinda hope they don't get too bushy. I will also make note of any hermies and what nutes they were receiving just because.

Archived