Dont Make The Same Mistake I Did

Hi gang,

I have some words of wisdoms for those that are about to go to the Dr to get the mj script. When you pay the state thier fee use a personal check. You will have to pay either $25 or $100 to the state depending on conditions.

You need proof of check cashed after waiting 21 days to be "legal" because the cards are not getting issued like we would like them to be. Well, I used a money order. I forgot my checkbook ( I never use that thing) so I had to stop on the way to the Drs appt and get a money order. I bought a "Western Union" money order because of thier reputation, (I knew it would be good).

Now we get to the problem. If I had used a personal check I could have proved when it was cashed without leaving my keyboard but becasue I was foolish enough to use a monay order I would have to pay then $15 to get proof that it was cashed. On top of that it can take up to a month????? In todays world this should be done online in seconds but thats a different thread!

So, my 21 days is coming soon but I cant prove the check was cashed. I can prove they got my application because I sent that certified. I think Ill just wait. I am meeting with my last caretaker "interview" Sunday so I will be choosing one then. On Monday Ill send the caretaker change form change to the state with a PERSONAL check (the $10 fee) and I will use that in the future as proof of check cashed.

Guest Happy Guy

What you need to be legal is proof of receipt. My attorney advised me that certified mail will provide the best proof of receipt. It is also better because they always receive it before the check clears. If you are counting the days, this is a better, quicker, and more acurate way to do it. A cancelled check would give you a little back up too, but not the best proof of receipt of your medical application.

On Monday Ill send the caretaker change form change to the state with a PERSONAL check (the $10 fee) and I will use that in the future as proof of check cashed.

Well, the silver lining here is that the state seems to be processing change forms much faster than original applications - there are posts here from folk who received a changed card before the original arrived!

What you need to be legal is proof of receipt. My attorney advised me that certified mail will provide the best proof of receipt. It is also better because they always receive it before the check clears. If you are counting the days, this is a better, quicker, and more acurate way to do it. A cancelled check would give you a little back up too, but not the best proof of receipt of your medical application.

I don't think that is correct, proof of receipt is just part of the chain of evidence, the ultimate determinant is acceptance, which is inferred from the cashing of the check (signifying a legally complete application), and then waiting for the period of time that the state allows for the denial of an application (21 days), to expire.

Guest Happy Guy

I don't think that is correct, proof of receipt is just part of the chain of evidence, the ultimate determinant is acceptance, which is inferred from the cashing of the check (signifying a legally complete application), and then waiting for the period of time that the state allows for the denial of an application (21 days), to expire.

You 'don't think' it's correct?

Like I said, I asked my attorney specifically about this. I gave you a legal professional's opinion. My attorney specializes in medical cannabis cases. Where do you get your information? Be careful guessing when giving legal advice.

A personal check sent certified is how I did it.

I made 3 copies of my certification.

Once my check cleared, my bank made 3 copies of

that also. I stapled them all together. Carried one

set, filed the rest, jik something should happen to

the original.

I was curious. Are we suppose to wait 20 calendar days

or business days?

Our change cards came w/ in a month.

My CG paid that.

I hope recerts come as fast. I'm due.

Hi gang,

I have some words of wisdoms for those that are about to go to the Dr to get the mj script. When you pay the state thier fee use a personal check. You will have to pay either $25 or $100 to the state depending on conditions.

You need proof of check cashed after waiting 21 days to be "legal" because the cards are not getting issued like we would like them to be. Well, I used a money order. I forgot my checkbook ( I never use that thing) so I had to stop on the way to the Drs appt and get a money order. I bought a "Western Union" money order because of thier reputation, (I knew it would be good).

Now we get to the problem. If I had used a personal check I could have proved when it was cashed without leaving my keyboard but becasue I was foolish enough to use a monay order I would have to pay then $15 to get proof that it was cashed. On top of that it can take up to a month????? In todays world this should be done online in seconds but thats a different thread!

So, my 21 days is coming soon but I cant prove the check was cashed. I can prove they got my application because I sent that certified. I think Ill just wait. I am meeting with my last caretaker "interview" Sunday so I will be choosing one then. On Monday Ill send the caretaker change form change to the state with a PERSONAL check (the $10 fee) and I will use that in the future as proof of check cashed.

On a personal note;

My neighbor had to track down a WU money order recently. It took them less than 2 wks.

I know even that is too long but it's a small light at the end of the tunnel!

My opinion is that if you have not received a denial letter w/ in 15 days ( I do go by business days),

you can sigh relief, at least for me the 1st. 15 was harder than the 20 + :D

Again, this is jmho.

Best of luck

Guest Happy Guy

A personal check sent certified is how I did it.

I made 3 copies of my certification.

Once my check cleared, my bank made 3 copies of

that also. I stapled them all together. Carried one

set, filed the rest, jik something should happen to

the original.

I was curious. Are we suppose to wait 20 calendar days

or business days?

Our change cards came w/ in a month.

My CG paid that.

I hope recerts come as fast. I'm due.

From recent court cases, 20 business days has been mentioned in court as the accepted waiting period.

how about this, you said you were interviewing "caretakers". So you have to send in the CG change form with $10 check. Maybe your CG that you sign with will take that cashed check as proof.

If you just want to be able to go to the store and buy some or get down on a "legal: p2p's prolly not! You'll need that documentation, just because everyone is is so scared. Even with a cashed check you could be denied. I had one guy ask me when I had paperwork if I got a denial. The question sort of threw me.

Guest Happy Guy

how about this, you said you were interviewing "caretakers". So you have to send in the CG change form with $10 check. Maybe your CG that you sign with will take that cashed check as proof.

If you just want to be able to go to the store and buy some or get down on a "legal: p2p's prolly not! You'll need that documentation, just because everyone is is so scared. Even with a cashed check you could be denied. I had one guy ask me when I had paperwork if I got a denial. The question sort of threw me.

Any caregiver that needs a cashed check along with a certified mail proof is probably being a little whacked out. It's 20 business days from when your application is received, not check cashed. The law doesn't say anything about a check being cashed. It's all about when your application was received. The state has 20 business days to decide if it is valid. Not 20 days after the check clears. Having the check clear is part of the deal. They have 20 days to decide on that too. But that is not the starting point for counting the days.

The cg is who is taking the most risk in the transaction. Some people dont want to deal with patients who only have their paperwork anyway. The law clearly states 20 days after receipt of application, but many caregivers wait till 21 days after the check is cashed. The state can easily say they lost your paperwork but its hard to deny a cashed check.

Guest Happy Guy

The cg is who is taking the most risk in the transaction. Some people dont want to deal with patients who only have their paperwork anyway. The law clearly states 20 days after receipt of application, but many caregivers wait till 21 days after the check is cashed. The state can easily say they lost your paperwork but its hard to deny a cashed check.

It doesn't matter if the state says they lost your paperwork. You have proof they received it with the certification from the post office. They are supposed to inform the patient of any problems with the application in the first 20 business days after they receive it. That's it. Nothing about the check at all. The only legality about the check is it has to be good and they should inform you in 20 days of receiving the application if it bounced. In my opinion, if a caregiver is nitpicking about the check they have been wrongly informed somewhere down the line. They need to concentrate on what is legal and that is the receipt of the application, as the law states.

We actually have statements from MDCH that says they cash the check before they ever even look at the application. The check cashing means nothing other than they are trying to get it cashed in the 20 days. It shouldn't mean anything at all to a caregiver.

If a caregiver really wanted to be smart, they would check the tracking number on the certification to make sure it is real. www.usps.com

It doesn't matter if the state says they lost your paperwork. You have proof they received it with the certification from the post office. They are supposed to inform the patient of any problems with the application in the first 20 business days after they receive it. That's it. Nothing about the check at all. The only legality about the check is it has to be good and they should inform you in 20 days of receiving the application if it bounced. In my opinion, if a caregiver is nitpicking about the check they have been wrongly informed somewhere down the line. They need to concentrate on what is legal and that is the receipt of the application, as the law states.

We actually have statements from MDCH that says they cash the check before they ever even look at the application. The check cashing means nothing other than they are trying to get it cashed in the 20 days. It shouldn't mean anything at all to a caregiver.

If a caregiver really wanted to be smart, they would check the tracking number on the certification to make sure it is real. www.usps.com

i agree with you 100% But in the end, its what the cg feels comfortable with. he/she is the one most at risk in a patient to patient transaction. Some patients and dispensaries dont deal with patients who only have their paperwork at all. Its not the actual laws that have patients nervous, but LEO's and the judicial systems interpretation of the law which is the issue.

You 'don't think' it's correct?

Like I said, I asked my attorney specifically about this. I gave you a legal professional's opinion. My attorney specializes in medical cannabis cases. Where do you get your information? Be careful guessing when giving legal advice.

you won't get into the Canna Market in Battle Creek with just your proof of receipt for your application. You need proof they cashed the check or money order. That is the only way you can get in with paperwork and no card. Ditto on the advise given.

All that stuff is easily forged. I can got to the post office and send some certified hate mail to LARA and get a recpt. I can get a M.O. for $100 and do some creative photocopying. The Dr's rec and CG attestation and application are all easy to forge.

The cashed check/MO is the hardest thing to fake, not that hard though. If I can do it so can leo.

I think with copies of what all that stuff is supposed to look like, 2-3 hours I could come up with some good forgeries. That card with the hologram....not

Knowing they've already forged the card, I don't put forging paper work past them for a second.

Guest Happy Guy

All that stuff is easily forged. I can got to the post office and send some certified hate mail to LARA and get a recpt. I can get a M.O. for $100 and do some creative photocopying. The Dr's rec and CG attestation and application are all easy to forge.

The cashed check/MO is the hardest thing to fake, not that hard though. If I can do it so can leo.

I think with copies of what all that stuff is supposed to look like, 2-3 hours I could come up with some good forgeries. That card with the hologram....not

Knowing they've already forged the card, I don't put forging paper work past them for a second.

It doesn't matter what was forged. You don't have to play cop. Assume it's real if it looks right and procede according to the law. If it was forged, it's only on the person(s) who forged it, if you follow strict guidelines. All you have to do is look an see if the paperwork is in order and if they have proof that MDCH received it. When you use certified mail, you are using accepted methods to determine if the application was received. Don't over think it.

Your Money Order comes with a receipt, call the number and it says if it has been cashed or not.

it isnt that easy, they want to charge $15 for that service and it is done through the snail mail only. It can take up to a month to get what I need

It can take up to a month to get what I need

Why do you need it? TO buy meds? If you can call the number on the recpt to get audio proof the MO has been cashed, maybe you could sit down with your CG and they could call the number. With all your other docs that should be good.

You're not going to be able to go to the store.

Guest Happy Guy

Why do you need it? TO buy meds? If you can call the number on the recpt to get audio proof the MO has been cashed, maybe you could sit down with your CG and they could call the number. With all your other docs that should be good.

I can prove they got my application because I sent that certified. BOOM! He's good to go. :goodjob:

the main reason I want it soon is because I wanted to go to the Genesee Compassion Club and meet some people. I am on the fence about going to the rally in Lansing but if I met some people that might also want to go I prob would. (my truck gets 13 mpg so Im hoping they could help with gas) It isnt life or death, BTW my caregiver is fine with me. My CG just wants to wait until he sees the CG transefer check cahsed and for that I will use a personal check!!!!

Guest Happy Guy

the main reason I want it soon is because I wanted to go to the Genesee Compassion Club and meet some people. I am on the fence about going to the rally in Lansing but if I met some people that might also want to go I prob would. (my truck gets 13 mpg so Im hoping they could help with gas) It isnt life or death, BTW my caregiver is fine with me. My CG just wants to wait until he sees the CG transefer check cahsed and for that I will use a personal check!!!!

Explain to your caregiver that the proof is in the delivery of the application. If you have to, have an attorney back you up. I asked an attorney a long time ago. That's where my advice comes from. I'm not sure where the check cashing stuff all started. Someone was mis informed and ran their mouth about it. A cashed check means nothing if you already can prove MDCH received your forms. If you have a possible caregiver that is mis informed and that stubborn, move on. They are looking for excuses not to help you.

Explain to your caregiver that the proof is in the delivery of the application. If you have to, have an attorney back you up. I asked an attorney a long time ago. That's where my advice comes from. I'm not sure where the check cashing stuff all started. Someone was mis informed and ran their mouth about it. A cashed check means nothing if you already can prove MDCH received your forms. If you have a possible caregiver that is mis informed and that stubborn, move on. They are looking for excuses not to help you.

I trust that you are confident in your information but the "standard" is proof of check cashed. Wether it is right or wrong that is the standard i have to measure up to.

My CG is not the issue here, I want to get into the compassion club to meet some people. It will only take a week or two for my new CG form to be received and check cashed so I can wait if I have to but Id rather not

Guest Happy Guy

I trust that you are confident in your information but the "standard" is proof of check cashed. Wether it is right or wrong that is the standard i have to measure up to.

My CG is not the issue here, I want to get into the compassion club to meet some people. It will only take a week or two for my new CG form to be received and check cashed so I can wait if I have to but Id rather not

BS The standard is proof of receipt. If you want to subject yourself to arbitrary standards, set up by mis informed people, then you are making yourself a victim. By going on and on about 'the check cashed' just makes it worse. Us patients need to stick together and be on the same page with this. We need to use the same standards as used with other legal procedings. Not something 'extra' because we are medical cannabis patients and need to be double checked. If they have your forms and you can prove it, then you have met the standard for legal proof you submitted your forms and can start counting the days that MDCH has to legally reject you. Period.

Archived