Unknown Strain.. Any Guesses?

This was a single seed I held on to that was in a bag of some really good stuff I got a few years back. I am almost sure it was some commercially grown bud, but it was good. I planted it in a 5 gallon smart pot, It turned out to be female, took a bunch of clones off her, and decided to put her in flower at about 60 days veg. It is an excellent looking plant, very tight node spacing, strong stems, not woody, kind of fuzzy and hollow. It started out looking very indica, short, fat, big leaves, now that it is in flower, it streched a lot and the leaves thinned out. I am wondering if anyone can help me identify what I am dealing with here.... pure indica? indica/sativa hybrid? I am at 50 days now and trichs are 50/50 cloudy/clear. It has a fruity smell. Very sticky and frosty.

Unknown strain 45 days in veg

gallery_8526_755_114969.jpg

gallery_8526_755_9889.jpg

Unknown strain 20 days in flower

gallery_8526_755_58434.jpg

unknown strain Main cola.. 40 days flower

gallery_8526_755_2034.jpg

unknown strain secondary colas... 40 days

gallery_8526_755_6031.jpg

gallery_8526_755_23919.jpg

unknown strain Lower buds.. 40 days

gallery_8526_755_3325.jpg

unknown strain Whole plant 50 days( the plant in the rear is dinafem sweet deep grapefruit and the plants to the right are the clones of the unknown)

gallery_8526_755_18278.jpg

Leaves look like Indica to Me.

I am thinking a mix though because although the leaves look wider than most Sativa they Don't Look as wide as I might expect from a pure Indica. :unsure:

Vegetative Pics Definitely look very much to be Indica

I have seen some NL5xGrape, NL5xHaze, and NL5xSkunk that looked similar and are mostly Indica dominant with mixes of Sativa, Smoke any of these around that time.

P.S. Your Plants look very healthy Great Job :thumbsu:

how many days flowered and what are the trichomes looking like? The length of leaves scream saty but the interesting thing is the amount of indy that is does have very interesting this is from first glance. I take it your experienced, I would look to let the plant tell you what she is. There is plenty of information on that as far as flowering times go look for the changes in the stalks and that will also help you. Be very interested in the final results because unknowns are always a good thing when it comes to meds and genetics also you could have a charcoal on its way to becoming a diamond!

Leaves look like Indica to Me.

I am thinking a mix though because although the leaves look wider than most Sativa they Don't Look as wide as I might expect from a pure Indica. :unsure:

Vegetative Pics Definitely look very much to be Indica

I have seen some NL5xGrape, NL5xHaze, and NL5xSkunk that looked similar and are mostly Indica dominant with mixes of Sativa, Smoke any of these around that time.

P.S. Your Plants look very healthy Great Job :thumbsu:

Thanks for the input, I am new to growing, this will actually be my first harvest. I decided to run the unknown seed first for a test run, It is turning out to be a good one. I was thinking this could be a northern lights cross of some sort, I have heard and read that a lot of strains have NL in them. This thing started getting frosty at 15 days in flower, so I knew right then that it is a decent strain, It seems to be a nice pheno of whatever it is. I plan on keeping it around, I'm gonna have to come up with a name..lol. We'll see how she smokes.

how many days flowered and what are the trichomes looking like? The length of leaves scream saty but the interesting thing is the amount of indy that is does have very interesting this is from first glance. I take it your experienced, I would look to let the plant tell you what she is. There is plenty of information on that as far as flowering times go look for the changes in the stalks and that will also help you. Be very interested in the final results because unknowns are always a good thing when it comes to meds and genetics also you could have a charcoal on its way to becoming a diamond!

No, not experienced in growing, this is my first, but I have been reading and listening a lot. My wife and I are the only ones that have seen the grow until now, I was really curious to see what others thought. To me, it looks amazing, best plant I've ever seen..lol, but some experienced growers might say..meh. As far as flowering times, i labeled the pictures with the days in flower and veg they are in, and the trichs right now are about 50/50 cloudy clear. I started flushing at 50 days figuring it would go about 60 days and i would chop her. Thanks for your input.

Looks good to me man.Nice close nodes easy trim let us know how she works for You.

Thanks, I am checking trichs daily. I am at 57 days and there are still some clear, I would say about 90% to 10% cloudy to clear, and I have also spotted a couple random amber trichs in there. I am wondering that if this is a sativa dom strain, if I should wait it out until all the clear trichs are gone and I get more amber. Someone on here told me to harvest sativas when there are more cloudy than amber due to the heavy couchlock effect. Although, it has had some nice bud growth in the last couple days, so I am going to wait a lil longer.

I can only tell after harvest ...

call me when you harvest ....

it may take approx. an Oz. or so tasting ...

But between 4 or 5 of Us ...

We Should come up w/ something ....

Mighty Nice Looking

Thanks for Sharing ... :thumbsu:

Only an ounce??? LOL... Thanks for offering up your expert services, I will keep that in mind. This will be my absolute first harvest. I am so pumped, I have been having dreams about it.

Only an ounce??? LOL... Thanks for offering up your expert services, I will keep that in mind. This will be my absolute first harvest. I am so pumped, I have been having dreams about it.

Morning " engineered_excellence "

Congratulations on your first Harvest ... :thumbsu:

I remember mine , Just like my first Love ...

I 'll never forget it ...

It all seemed like a Dream ...

Never thought this Day would EVER get Here ....

It still seems like a Dream and it's Easy to

See why they want to take this away from us ....

I was just messing w/ yah about the Oz.

Im sure you'll have many new Friends that will

be willing to help you test for Free ...

Sure Looking foward to seeing more photos

of your girls ....

If you need any help , Dont be affraid to ask ... :bighug:

Keep up the Good Work ...

Morning " engineered_excellence "

Congratulations on your first Harvest ... :thumbsu:

I remember mine , Just like my first Love ...

I 'll never forget it ...

It all seemed like a Dream ...

Never thought this Day would EVER get Here ....

It still seems like a Dream and it's Easy to

See why they want to take this away from us ....

I was just messing w/ yah about the Oz.

Im sure you'll have many new Friends that will

be willing to help you test for Free ...

Sure Looking foward to seeing more photos

of your girls ....

If you need any help , Dont be affraid to ask ... :bighug:

Keep up the Good Work ...

Thanks... I am now getting anxious about harvesting/drying/curing properly. I have read so many different ways that people dry... Whole plant with all leaves still on; whole plant with all leaves cut off; individual branches; trimming when wet; trimming when dry... i just don't know the route I am gonna take... All I know is that I don't want it to smell like hay when Im done. And I'm sure that this high humidity right nwo is gonna play a factor, I have a dehumidifier ready to go, should I use it?

I'm not an expert, but i would definitely remove trim, especially being first harvest, and drying the whole plant would probably just make it take longer. just make sure its hanging not to bunched together, in a dark place with good air flow, check on it once (more, if ya cant take it ;) )a day. should be mold and "hay stench" free. hope this helped a little. Peace & Good Luck!

I personally don't use a dehumidifier ...

I just keep a Good Air Flow ....

Keep air moving seems to work for me ...

Even in my Veg Room and Bloom Room ...

Lately we've been trimming ours down to the budd

and putting them on a Screens ...

Seems to dry quicker ...

But i still like hanging them ....

I personally would never leave the leaf on them ...

Either Way ... Its a trial and error thing ...

Just depends on what works best For YOU ....

Im Sure you 'll be alright ...

Your won't smell or taste like HAY ... YUKE ...

I have Faith in You ...

YOU CAN DO IT ..................... :thumbsu:

Yes you are Right ....

There are SO MANY WAY to Dry your Budds ...

and Im not sure what is Best ... But I do know

what works best for me to get the best tasting ,

Best burning meds as possible ...

It takes time my Friend ...

Plus helps seeing how others are doing it w/ your own eyes ...

Either Way ... Keep us Posted

Thanks for sharing ....

I'm sure others will share their Experiences w/ You

Archived