Senate Bill 377

Another spect of this bill that is totally maddening is that the PEOPLE told the government that the government shall establish a mmj program in Michigan and issue ID cards within 20 days. The government has not been able to perform this simple task in the timeframe required under the law, yet the government now wants to add another task to this process. The MDCH has broken the law thousands of times by failing to issue cards on time.

Who wants to bet? If this bill passes, MDCH (or whoever now) will comply with the 48-hour reporting requirement right away and continue to ignore the 20-day card issuing requirement.

Its all about a campaign of obstruction and sabotage.

Senator Jones is a bully, but even worse he is wasting valuable tax payer dollars on a non-value add bill.

Senator Jones needs to stop wasting the time and the resources the taxpayers have entrusted him with, and get busy getting jobs to the people.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will tell you what if this passes they will never hear from me again. My wife and I went to our doctor and did everything by the book. Now they want to give my info to the police who have overstepped their legal rights long ago. Now I already live in fear of them now they would know who we are WOW I really don't want to see the police everyday.

It does take a super majority to amend this law. It is our best interest if each of us would it down and hand write a short note opposing it's passage.

E mails are fine - phone calls and hand written notes show the person who made the effort sincerely cares enough to expend time, effort and money to get their message to them.

Guest finallyfree09

I am so proud to have you as a part of our community FF09.. Thank you so much for the efforts that you do.. Your letter is inspiring.. Can i sponsor a busride to lansing for you?

i'd like to take you up on that annie but unfortunately i can't. the way it's looking i will be in minnesota with my parents for my sisters open heart surgery.

BUT..... now that i have become aware of mr booher's decision to go against the will of the voters i have another plan.....

I know a dozen people that can't make it to the rally on the 25th. i have informed them of darwins choice to screw them and they are all livid. they are writing to him as i type this. but we are going to do something else on the 25th. while you and bb and the rest of the crew are marching, we are going to be calling the offices of all the sponsors of this and any other bill that threatens our medical freedom. marching isn't enough.

for the sake of advertising and being able to find phone numbers for all of these worthless politicians can someone please post the numbers for all of them on this and any other thread involving amendments to the law? i will go get boohers in a sec.

Ahhh there goes John Doe lets pull him over he has a mmj card, lets give him a duid. thats how this bill would work

Sounds like it would be the same as with a CCW it would come up with in a records check when they pull you over.

Yes!

This is only the first of many Bills meant to destroy our law. We have to assemble at the Capitol. We have got to turn out big or our law will soon just be a memory. You are up against Nazis that care nothing for the sick and that hate our medicine. The thing they value most in this world is power. The people rejected that power and enacted our law. Now the politicians seek revenge upon us for causing their servants to rebel against them. This will be our opportunity to get the word out that the usual suspects are again trying to turn us into obedient servants. Thanks, Bb

PRIVATE REGISTRY!!!

I'm glad I decided not to renew. Write to your reps about this, the letter I saw here from medicineman420 is good, I'd like to use it, with a few minor changes, if I may. It explains our situation very well. :goodjob::thumbsu:

Get your letter writing thoughts together and let's get this rolling ASAP please! So tired of fighting for rights we were already given. What a shame, people have nothing better to do than pick on us. We'll show 'em!

I swear I'll never understand HOW someone could presume to deny a right that was already given, especially By The People! It seems some people need to be reminded WHO'S VOTING, WHO pays taxes, and WHO pays THEIR salaries!

Dizz I feel bad for you and the position you're in.

Sb :(

Thanks for the comment....sometimes I feel so frustrated as I'm out there trying so hard to make changes. I really don't know about renewing until this is decided one way or the other.

Thanks for the comment....sometimes I feel so frustrated as I'm out there trying so hard to make changes. I really don't know about renewing until this is decided one way or the other.

Totally understandable, Dizz.

Like Bb said, we've got some work cut out for us.

But hang in there, Babe.

We will not taste defeat. Jones will kneel before us and beg forgiveness. He is definitely going to get a spanking now! :sword: Bb

c'mon bb, "kneel before us"? Really? I hope they're not reading this, we sound like junior high kids. Beg forgiveness? Really? These are professional politicians, they won't do this stuff, and to say it, is juvenile.

With statements like that, it makes us sound like comic book characters. Please be more careful with bravado, they're reading.

This isn't the way to win friends and influence people.

It's a good way to tinkle people off, and get nothing accomplished, but puffing out your chest. Acting in a combative way will not accomplish our goal. It will create a more active enemy, which we don't want.

Guest Happy Guy

c'mon bb, "kneel before us"? Really? I hope they're not reading this, we sound like junior high kids. Beg forgiveness? Really? These are professional politicians, they won't do this stuff, and to say it, is juvenile.

With statements like that, it makes us sound like comic book characters. Please be more careful with bravado, they're reading.

It's a good way to tinkle people off, and get nothing accomplished, but puffing out your chest. Acting in a combative way will not accomplish our goal. It will create a more active enemy, which we don't want.

You will NEVER EVER win Jones over. The dispensary interesteds tried that by throwing patients under the bus and found out he writes checks he can't cash. Maybe you are still trying?

Going after politicians close to home makes a lot more sense than going after the president, medical cannabis's only hope for 2012. My main foes/concerns are right here in Michigan. That is where the rubber hits the road!

Really - even after the spanking? :rolleyes:

A reply from Sen Tom Casperson, representing the Upper Peninsula. Royal ... well, you can come up with a colorful adjective.

Thank you for your e-mail concerning SB 377. According to the bill's sponsor, this legislation is modeled after the concealed weapons permit law where a person's certification is checked when they are stopped by police. This would benefit both law enforcement and those who legally carry a medical marijuana card. Right now the SB 377 is in the Judiciary Committee, but when it comes before the whole Senate, I will evaluate the testimony and look carefully at both sides.

B.S.! So when we're confronted by police, they immediately know (like CCW holders) that we're holding (either medicine, guns, or both!) Sounds like an easy way to find people driving "under the influence of drugs", walking -- er, "public intoxication", rollerblading "operating an unmotorized vehicle under the influence" ... what else do they want to stick us with! Write your senators, let them know we WILL WORK with the 63% of the people that voted in this law to get them removed from office!

Dear Henson Clarke was a co-sponsor of this bill, he is now in Washington. This is what his office will be receiving from me.

Rep. Henson Clarke

Suite 290

400 Monroe St.

Detroit, MI 48226

May 20, 2011

Representative Clarke,

It has just to my attention that before going to Washington, you were a supporter of Senate Bill 377. As one who has supported your campaigns for years, I was stunned by what I read in this bill. The Michigan Medical Marihuana Act already provided the means for law enforcement to verify the authenticity of the registry identification cards. To provide law enforcement departments with what was given to patients as a constitutional right to privacy, you were on-board to strip away. It may be necessary to tighten some of the language in the law, but most of what I’m seeing is not necessary. Bill 377 is utterly insulting.

I know that in your bid for your present position, you had backing from the medical marihuana community, including that of a local marijuana activist/attorney. During your next run, you will not have the hated for the Kilpatrick’s to ride on. After I point out the dismissiveness attitude you have shown for your chronically ailing constituencies, you will lose support from those voters. I would approach it if you would explain to me why you and the other feel the police are entitled to my medical information, and why my medical condition should not be private.

I am so discussed by this bill. To think, I was going to sent you an updated copy of my Chocolate’s Infusions Medical Edible and more cookbooks, to go with the one sent you in 2009.

Respectfully,

B.S.! So when we're confronted by police, they immediately know (like CCW holders) that we're holding (either medicine, guns, or both!) Sounds like an easy way to find people driving "under the influence of drugs.

I can understand wanting to know ahead of time if the person who car I stop, might have a gun with them. By law, the holder of a CPL has to announce that they have a CPL. Unless my car reeks, or I have material in view (both of which is dumb), there is no reason for the officer to know I have a card. Maybe the fear is, with my AIDS, cancer, MS, and/or pain; I might spit on the cop.

Guilty until the lawman says otherwise! A possible Federal 4th Amendment challenge.

Any bill that is passed will be passed by the majority of republicans in both houses that want this law gutted. It will go through with the blessings of the governor along the way. His lies don't stop. This should be tied to the recall campaign. Everyone with a card should sign the petition. Snyder could stop any changes at any time. He is orchestrating this. Democrats are on our side. Republicans have already taken from the elderly, children and the middle class to line the pockets of business, during the past few weeks. This issue seems to be the next war that they want to wage against those who need help and get a slap in the face instead. Don't believe it? Watch how democrats vote on any bill that is introduced. Fight them with the threat of your vote.

Ok, it is crazy to compare a CCW to a MMJ card. If your intoxicated, you are intoxicated. It doesn't matter if you have a card or not. The reason a CCW comes up when you are pulled over is safety of the officers. They have need to know if the person they pull over is packing heat. I understand that and support it. A LEO pulls over a guy and the guy starts getting really heated about it, the LEO should know if the guy has the ability to kill someone at any second. However, how many people have died because someone was holding a joint? MMJ is not a deadly weapon. There is no safety of officers in mind here.

Knowing if a guy is legally able to carry MMJ doesn't make the LEO's job any safer. Sure it might be information he needs to know if the LEO finds a oz sitting on the back seat or something, but that's what cards are for. If I have nothing on me, nothing in my car, not even paraphrenalia, the LEO does not need to know I have a card for his safety, or for my safety, or for the publics safety. It makes no difference if I have a card.

And, it makes no difference if I have a card in regards to DUID. If I am impaired, I am impaired. If I am sober I am sober. They don't need to know I have a card to determine that. The only thing that knowing I have a card will do is allow them to go on a fishing expedition, trying to find something illegal even though they can't observe it without that knowledge. It gives LEO the power to break the law, and profile us.

Anyway, I wonder if when Snyder is recalled if some nobody stood up and said they are going to protect the people and follow the will of the people (I.E. protect MMJ patients) if they would get a lot of votes. I wish I had a few million laying around I didn't need.

Cedar

Ok, it is crazy to compare a CCW to a MMJ card. If your intoxicated, you are intoxicated. It doesn't matter if you have a card or not. The reason a CCW comes up when you are pulled over is safety of the officers. They have need to know if the person they pull over is packing heat. I understand that and support it. A LEO pulls over a guy and the guy starts getting really heated about it, the LEO should know if the guy has the ability to kill someone at any second. However, how many people have died because someone was holding a joint? MMJ is not a deadly weapon. There is no safety of officers in mind here.

Knowing if a guy is legally able to carry MMJ doesn't make the LEO's job any safer. Sure it might be information he needs to know if the LEO finds a oz sitting on the back seat or something, but that's what cards are for. If I have nothing on me, nothing in my car, not even paraphrenalia, the LEO does not need to know I have a card for his safety, or for my safety, or for the publics safety. It makes no difference if I have a card.

And, it makes no difference if I have a card in regards to DUID. If I am impaired, I am impaired. If I am sober I am sober. They don't need to know I have a card to determine that. The only thing that knowing I have a card will do is allow them to go on a fishing expedition, trying to find something illegal even though they can't observe it without that knowledge. It gives LEO the power to break the law, and profile us.

Anyway, I wonder if when Snyder is recalled if some nobody stood up and said they are going to protect the people and follow the will of the people (I.E. protect MMJ patients) if they would get a lot of votes. I wish I had a few million laying around I didn't need.

Cedar

What IS in danger here is the 'police officers' paycheck.

If the MMJ law hampers or reduces the 'local' officer's ability to make 'drug busts', the officer's paycheck could be reduced if 'the LEO department' fails to receive STATE and FEDERAL money based on a 'statistical arrest sheet' that has to show the 'department' needs the extra money to continue its 'drug busting' work.

And IMO this is one of the 'major' reasons why we are having the problems we are having with our MMM Act.

It is not the MMM Act itself that is objected to by many in the anti-MMJ group, it is an economic issue that threatens an 'established' source of income for them.

Politics and money as usual.

it just occured to me, late i suppose, but all the energy they spend on this one thing, fighting our law..how much other things are even getting done. something that is meaningful to anyone, like unemployment, jobs, road repairs, public parks, rails, etc etc. what a waste of time an energy.

I will be at lansing, no doubt about it, and im not betting, i want a sure thing....

Archived