Senate Bill 377

I have a question about the church thing. Why is a state that is part of this united states having anything to do with a church. Churches are about religion correct what the heck ever happened to separation of church and state!? No laws should be passed giving any special treatment to a religious organization. Just because we have more churches in this state than we know what to do with does not mean the state can sanction any of them.

my submersive mind and heart are already at work here, pal. have no fear, wic us here. i am already in talks with a large local (but internationally known) church to have a support group for medical marijuana patients that may have felt ostracized by the church because of the dishonesty they have had to carry towards their families and 'church friends'. Church shouldn't be a place of anything but healing and encouragement. cannabis gives me a lot of both.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know for sure if you already have your card and if this bill passes will they be giving the state police a list of every patient already registered. Because the way the bill is worded makes it sound like only when the mdch is issuing a card is when they will give a patient's name to the police. Leading me to believe if I renew my card now and the bill does pass, they won't get my information until I renew again.

Within 48 hours after

issuing a registry identification card, the department shall

forward information concerning issuance of the card to the

department of state police. The department of state police shall

make the information concerning registry identification cards

available to state and local police officers in a form that allows

immediate access to information necessary to determine whether an

individual in custody for possession or distribution of marihuana

possession is a qualifying patient or primary caregiver.

The reason I am so concerned is because I live in an extremely conservative area. A police officer lives in my area and when I was in high school ran my name through his computer and let all my neighbors know I had a misdemeanor posession charge. I can see him making my being on the medical list common knowledge. I know what he did was illegal, but I'm not going to take a cop to court over something I have no proof over. It's reasons like this that police officers should only get to verify patients if they have their card in hand. I've never seen such abuse with public records and I know he can't be the only cop doing things like this. Let me know what you think, I am horrible at interpreting laws.

I and Joe are going to speek with him on this Bill on the 1st of July we have a meeting with him and some of the others that are on the Bill i will post back what he said or does not say

Thank you. My card expires 07/01 so I am anxious to hear what he says. I really might wait to renew and see what happens with this bill. If it passes I swear I'm movin in with my brother in Cali. He feels bad for us michiganders and all this useless crap leo makes us go through, people in Cali really have it made. Hopefully Michigan will be there soon.

Good luck at the meeting. You should bring up the fact that he doesn't even reply to his constituent's emails....like mine : (

This whole discussion is very interesting, and has me deeply concerned especially after reading the latest thread from itssortalegal10. I have questions, but all I know for certain is, I don't wanna see this dividing our community.

Sb :(

@itssortalegal

I cannot make it to the meeting as I just found out I live 2 hours away from where it is being held. But I would greatly appreciate if you could ask what the bill will do to people who already have had cards issued. And please find out if someone was a member last year and never renewed will they still be on the list given to leo. Please ask these two questions. I will be forever in your debt.

Thanks,

dj

@itssortalegal

I cannot make it to the meeting as I just found out I live 2 hours away from where it is being held. But I would greatly appreciate if you could ask what the bill will do to people who already have had cards issued. And please find out if someone was a member last year and never renewed will they still be on the list given to leo. Please ask these two questions. I will be forever in your debt.

Thanks,

dj

Hey check out the other thread called July 1st meeting with Darwin booher or something like that its usually just above or just under this one..We will HOPEFULLY have a web chat room up and running for those who are at town hall and those who cannot make it... I can answer those questions for you right now however..Senate Bill 377 will make it so cardholders have their info out there for police to just look up and go harass if they choose to...Do I think all law enforcement in all areas would do that? No, but some will. Then 418 comes in as a bill which is more of an amendment to the law which states that none of us can sue any branch of government in regards to this law..In other words they will give all LEO including those dept.s which would abuse the info the info to abuse...Then if say they do damage during the wrongful raid and even if you are found to be in the right..YOU CAN NOT SUE THEM AND GET JUSTICE!

So thats what these bills would do to people who already have their cards and thats what it would do to those who plan on getting one..

This whole discussion is very interesting, and has me deeply concerned especially after reading the latest thread from itssortalegal10. I have questions, but all I know for certain is, I don't wanna see this dividing our community.

Sb :(

These bills are not what are dividing our community..Groups that represent us in different ways are attacked not only by each other but by those within those groups who are followers or members. WHat I want is for all these groups to come together not as one per say but together and start a fund a larger fund in which each groups members donate whatever they can spare which would go into one larger fund we can use to line senators pockets just like the drug companies do...We sadly may need to do something like this in order to make a significant change..Now the bigger issue on that would be who's pockets to line lol..WHo can we all FOR SURE trust will represent us...Do they have skeletons that would hurt them when running for election that might fall out the closet? Are they gonna take our money and run the other direction?

Long story short WE ALL NEED TO SET ASIDE DIFFERENCES RIGHT NOW AND WORK TOGETHER IN WHATEVER WAY WE CAN TO STOP THESE BILLS BEFORE THEY PASS!!! That wont happen if none of the groups that represent us can come together.

Now they will need to pass this by 3/4 correct? If my math is right that means we have to get 8 Senators to say NO. We need to target those who are on the fence. Probably Democrats as the Republicans will not be likely to change their minds on an issues that would make then look soft on crime. I guess we need to write those Senate Democrats and see where they stand if they have the balls to tell us the truth. Then target them to try and change their minds if they are yes votes.

As it was explained to me these two bills were sent on to the next stage the other day..Now that means these bills are in early stages of development...They will pass through many other stages before the vote on the bills occurs..I was told that if we can stop them at least around the point of stage 4-6 ish we would be in good shape..All the more reason to try and attend the July 1st meeting..I contacted our local paper and to my surprise was able to get our side of the story on these bills into an article they were going to already publish..JUST IN TIME! I explained the ramifications of these bills especially when these bills work together..In other words the whole giving police our info to abuse (Which would happen in some cases we have already seen this happen with the police having this info at their fingertips)..I said why is it that 377 does not make mention of consequences for police who abuse the law? I then said then they turn around and let out 418 which now makes it so the patient cannot have legal recourse if wrongfully harassed or raided..The two bills together basically in my opinion are there only for the sole purpose of fear, they want to scare us into not choosing this as a medicine..He was more than interested in hearing stories about those already wrongfully raided and arrested..I told him I would have Bob Redden contact him and share more of these stories..I am waiting to hear back from Bob he was not home when I called..

I am working on getting this info out there..EVERYONE here needs to be doing the same..Call your local newspaper about these bills tell them our side of the story call any media outlet you can think of..You would be surprised how many want to hear our side..I am ..

Long story short WE ALL NEED TO SET ASIDE DIFFERENCES RIGHT NOW AND WORK TOGETHER IN WHATEVER WAY WE CAN TO STOP THESE BILLS BEFORE THEY PASS!!! That wont happen if none of the groups that represent us can come together.

Well said. Bottom line: if these pass it will hurt everyone in our community. There will be a lot less people willing to grow, and you know what will happen then?

Prices will skyrocket as supply goes down, and many people will refuse to renew their cards out of fear.

Arrests will go way up.

Patients will lose safe access, or will have to settle for poor quality meds.

Many will return to pills.

This really sucks guys. Ruined my darn day.

• 3 weeks later...

This is not directly pertainent to sb377. Some of our members continue to write inaccurate responses about Dr. Buck. Those of you who are making comments about her are way off base. None of her patients who were certified through her have had their card refused or rejected unless they failed to meet the requirements of the Act. Its rumors like this that make us look uninformed and about what we comment about.

lilbuddy

Archived