Mdch, I Complained Bout Dr. Kicking Me Out Cause Mm Use.

I would file the complaint , I would think at least it is in even if they do nothing..BUT more complaints better off we are..they will see the people are not standing for there crap any more.

Thanks for your support. I'll look into if and how I can file a complaint for that incident. I have one good piece of paper to take to MDCH, I have a letter from Synergy stating that I was being released from the practice due to using medical marijuana.

Maybe just getting that letter out there would be enough.

I wish you the best in your fight Mayor. You have my support.

Wonder if they would take away any patients cancer medicine or aids medicine? or are they just making people sufffer in Pain,

Yes it's only those who suffer chronic pain ( I have a spine injury) from what I have heard but then again it may be the others also.

My personal; experience with these doctors has only been pain management doctors who feel opiates are the ONLY method to treat their patients chronic pain. They also did no blood test, had no concern about my kidneys or other organs and side effects. Just drop some urine and get another refill for one of the most addictive prescription pain medication on the market. The interesting thing is....sorry Doc. Bob....once you are dependent you MUST go back of face the withdrawals. Once you go through detox you NEVER NEVER want to go through it again! We really need some pain management doctors out there we can go to for pain management. Sometimes the MM works really well, but I can't always go into the office well medicated when my pain level is an 8+.....I would loose my job.

Dizz

It sounds to me that some of these doctors could be sued for Medical Malpractise. Or am I all wet ?

Has anyone looked into this ?

Nothing wakes up a doctor like a Medical Malpractise suit !!!!

Any attorney out there have a thought on this ?

dr. Jinx

Thanks for your support. I'll look into if and how I can file a complaint for that incident. I have one good piece of paper to take to MDCH, I have a letter from Synergy stating that I was being released from the practice due to using medical marijuana.

Maybe just getting that letter out there would be enough.

I wish you the best in your fight Mayor. You have my support.

Every thing we have to show they are wrong will help..So yes send that in(copy) it can NOT hurt us..

It sounds to me that some of these doctors could be sued for Medical Malpractise. Or am I all wet ?

dr. Jinx

I tried getting a attorney, and of course they all wanted MONEY..Which i do not have..

My doctor tried that BS with me. We reviewed the agreement together. I wasn't getting any other prescription pain medication so I was not violating the agreement. Two months later, after a negative urine sample, he wrote a letter to me claiming that he was, "unable to prescribe the medications you want while you are using marijuana".

You'd think with two months to think about it he could have come up with a better lie. Or better yet, since I gave him an honest to goodness clean urine sample he could have just done the, "don't ask don't tell" routine going forward. But his prejudice is too strong. He would rather lie than treat a medical cannabis patient.

Only way we can win this, Is if every one files a complaint. THAT'S the only way we can win..

dr. Jinx

I tried,BUT again NO money for A Attorney..ANY Attorneys want to take this case? Sounds like a WINNER>>>

Very sorry for your troubles. I wish you much luck in your fight against them. Go get em'!!

Gotta say the exact same thing happened to me here in Saginaw at Synergy Medical.

The first doctor knew I had a MM card and had me sign a pain contract for my other meds. The next appointment I am kicked out of the building ( I kid you not) because a new doctor told me they would no longer treat me if I had the card and when I asked for an explanation,to see my chart, for my former doctor, anyone - I was told to leave immediately. I was yelled at and belittled by a female staff member who thought it was her right to impose her beliefs on me. She really made me out to be a druggie who deserved no respect.

Very humiliating. I wish I knew then that I had the right to file a complaint against them. This was within the last two years, does anyone know what the statute of limitations would be on this type of case?

Thanks for any advice.

I would call mdch any ways..MAybe it isnt to Late..Maybe it is..BUT if you call at least you will know..WE have to stand up for our selfs..

dr. Jinx

Michigan has some of the countries strongest laws protecting doctors from medical malpractice and it seems like it would be a pretty short attempt, their pain program their rules, don't follow don't go, they are not kids fresh out of high school they will have their bases covered to protect against the people who try to sue for any reason they can.

Michigan has some of the countries strongest laws protecting doctors from medical malpractice and it seems like it would be a pretty short attempt, their pain program their rules, don't follow don't go, they are not kids fresh out of high school they will have their bases covered to protect against the people who try to sue for any reason they can.

Medical malpractice is not the way to go for several reasons. Look for a solo doc that doesn't have resources of a large group or hospital behind them. Doctors carry malpractice insurance, so suing for that only makes them pick up the phone and an insurance company lawyer takes it from there. A doctor pays premiums to make sure they are not hurt by a suit. All you do is bruise their pride a bit by questioning their judgement. Unless you win, it doesn't even go on their record. Malpractice does NOT cover criminal complaints, nor does it address civil rights complaints. Those have the potential to really hurt them financially.

Forcing a patient into withdrawal because they choose to get a legal medical marijuana card is more than bad medicine from a doctor that doesn't respect or care about his patients, it very well may be a violation of civil rights and even assault. They are protected against malpractice and generally win the case unless they are totally incompetent (few really are). Hit them where they don't expect it- civil rights and criminal complaints- and make them defend themselves out of their own pocket. Make an example of one, others will listen.

If you are tossed for getting a card and have a solid reason for having the card (something a jury would consider very reasonable) document your injury- go to the ER in full withdrawal barfing up your socks. Then take it to a criminal jury of your peers and ask THEM if what was done to you was a crime. Hopefully there will be a card holder or two on the jury as well (get your friends certified to increase your odds).

Not encouraging anyone to harass a colleague, but any physician that would punish a patient and put them into withdrawal over a card is no colleague of mine.

Dr. Bob

1. It is still the fault of the organization the doctor works for. Those organizations are still using the old rule - "if the person has signs of drug-seeking, you cannot prescribe to them".

2. Lawyer is not going to take this case, there is no money to be won at the end. You will have to pay upfront for the lawyer's work.

3. I do agree, doctors need more freedom to work with patients and treat them like individuals - not being forced to classify patients based on insurance and organizational billing titles.

-DN

i'm surprised more dr.'s are not kicking people out. The health care industry sees us and our medicine as the enemy, it will ruin them...as marijuana and its real effects become more mainstream, the people are going to have alot of questions for the health care industry. Like if they are health scientists why is it taking independent groups to prove a govt. smear campaign wrong, when they could have exposed marijuana cancer fighting effects back in 74' (but instead the govt. closed down the study and transfered everyone involved.) The health care industry is hugely responsible and the govt. greatest ally in "smearing" marijuana. The more the public finds out the truth about marijuana, the more people are going to realize that big pharma and healthcare have been lying to them and altering thier lives for personal gain! :growl: lol d_cks

What if cannabis cured cancer...if you havnt seen it, see it...i also have extra copies for free :thumbsu:

Medical malpractice is not the way to go for several reasons. Look for a solo doc that doesn't have resources of a large group or hospital behind them. Doctors carry malpractice insurance, so suing for that only makes them pick up the phone and an insurance company lawyer takes it from there. A doctor pays premiums to make sure they are not hurt by a suit. All you do is bruise their pride a bit by questioning their judgement. Unless you win, it doesn't even go on their record. Malpractice does NOT cover criminal complaints, nor does it address civil rights complaints. Those have the potential to really hurt them financially.

Forcing a patient into withdrawal because they choose to get a legal medical marijuana card is more than bad medicine from a doctor that doesn't respect or care about his patients, it very well may be a violation of civil rights and even assault. They are protected against malpractice and generally win the case unless they are totally incompetent (few really are). Hit them where they don't expect it- civil rights and criminal complaints- and make them defend themselves out of their own pocket. Make an example of one, others will listen.

If you are tossed for getting a card and have a solid reason for having the card (something a jury would consider very reasonable) document your injury- go to the ER in full withdrawal barfing up your socks. Then take it to a criminal jury of your peers and ask THEM if what was done to you was a crime. Hopefully there will be a card holder or two on the jury as well (get your friends certified to increase your odds).

Not encouraging anyone to harass a colleague, but any physician that would punish a patient and put them into withdrawal over a card is no colleague of mine.

Dr. Bob

lol yeah, make those fockers pay for it themselves!

Dr. Bob

I am a cardholder and have agreed to pain regiment contracts before, I spoke with my doctor before i got my card and was well aware getting it would breach my contract, if these people sign up for something and agree to it they need to know what they are doing. If i was on a jury I believe legally the doctor is not responsible the patient broke the rules and wants a way out plain and simple.

Archived