Victims Of The Marijuana Laws

The State of Michigan issued me a Driver's License.

On the application for my Medical Marijuana Card, I had to put down my Driver's License #, and a photocopy of it.

The State issued me a Medical Marijuana Card.

The State never said I had to turn in my Driver's License.

The State never said I had to wait 30 days, after my last use of Medical Marijuana, to be legal to drive.

The Medical Marijuana Law states I cannot drive while impaired. Doesn't say I can't drive. Common knowledge is 4 - 6 hours for impairment. Even my P.A. said so, last week.

I waited 18 hours to drive, and the Gladwin City police haul my arse to jail, charging me with OWPD, stating all Patients have basically given up their Driver's License. W.T.F. ??

On the application for my Medical Marijuana Card, I had to put down my Driver's License #, and a photocopy of it.

The State never said I had to wait 30 days, after my last use of Medical Marijuana, to be legal to drive.

The Medical Marijuana Law states I cannot drive while impaired. Doesn't say I can't drive. Common knowledge is 4 - 6 hours for impairment. Even my P.A. said so, last week.

I waited 18 hours to drive, and the Gladwin City police haul my arse to jail, charging me with OWPD, stating all Patients have basically given up their Driver's License. W.T.F. ??

• 7 months later...

I am now in their web. I was not intoxicated but I had a smell to me because I had worn the same clothing a few days and doing dirty work. I was on my way to pick up some workers at 10am, pulled over for supposedly running a red light. I was forced into giving and signing responsibility to pay for a blood test after being unable to walk correctly(I am disabled with a license plate showing so)I was under doctor care. I asked several times if I was being arrested and if so to read rights but did not get that until after he put me in his car. I was put in a brightly lit(I have macular degeneration with cellulitis)cell. I have HCV and failed treatment, my viral levels are off the chart but I am functioning because of self care. I go into a shock overload when stressed that make me very very ill. I threw up twice while in that cell(they made other inmates clean it up without proper protection, vomit pieces were left there(what if I had HIV)for the next inmate to live with=they are risking the lives of other inmates by exposing them to toxic waste from sick people. THey treated me like I was on LSD or something when actually I was very ill from the anxiety. They booked me infront of other inmates asking personal questions about myself and my medical history infrom of them. ONe of the guards, an old man, seemed to have gotten his training at guantanamo, he litterly terrorized me(I have the details), I asked the nurse her name to use her as a witness and she refused..They whole jail is corrupt with hatred and bigotry toward MMJ users. They kept me over 24 hours. They sent inmates with chisels to chip paint off the steal door just to make me more miserable. Since that time my heart is giving me issues. My health is in toxic shock and now I am living in fear of being trapped in their web and being branded as an addict. I now have to lock my doors(I have degenerative spine disease and can not get around well with locked doors)because I am afraid of the police...not the criminals here. I no longer want to be a part of this community if our taxes go to support the hatred that eminates from that jail house. They feed off each others bigotry. If any jail and police, sheriff dept could be on the top of a list for violations to human rights it is this one. They need a very deep deep investigation. They are roping people in to keep their income levels up. I wish we could organize a protest for the step of the courthouse and jail. At this point, it would hurt me to be at the helm, but I would certainly support anyone that would. I now hate the place I live and it is not good for my health. I ADVISE NOT ONE TO MOVE TO GLADWIN COUNTY if they want to be treated with respect and the carry an MMJ card.

Sorry to hear of your experience with LEO.

They are like that Everywhere.

I do not, nor ever will trust the police, judges, attorneys ( sorry Micheal K and Matt A ).

Most people in enforcement and adjudication of laws are mean spirited A- holes who should be feared and distruted.

My house was burglarized and after 2 hours had went by the police finally showed up and made me feel like I was to blame because I wasn't at home at 1 am when I was robbed.

F---ing pricks.

Once Again sorry for your experience but you are not alone in having negative outcomes when dealing with Leo.

Peace

Ilynnboy

I am now in their web. I was not intoxicated but I had a smell to me because I had worn the same clothing a few days and doing dirty work. I was on my way to pick up some workers at 10am, pulled over for supposedly running a red light. I was forced into giving and signing responsibility to pay for a blood test after being unable to walk correctly(I am disabled with a license plate showing so)I was under doctor care.

I asked several times if I was being arrested and if so to read rights but did not get that until after he put me in his car. I was put in a brightly lit(I have macular degeneration with cellulitis)cell. I have HCV and failed treatment, my viral levels are off the chart but I am functioning because of self care. I go into a shock overload when stressed that make me very very ill.

I threw up twice while in that cell(they made other inmates clean it up without proper protection, vomit pieces were left there(what if I had HIV)for the next inmate to live with=they are risking the lives of other inmates by exposing them to toxic waste from sick people. THey treated me like I was on LSD or something when actually I was very ill from the anxiety. They booked me infront of other inmates asking personal questions about myself and my medical history infrom of them. ONe of the guards, an old man, seemed to have gotten his training at guantanamo, he litterly terrorized me(I have the details),

I asked the nurse her name to use her as a witness and she refused..They whole jail is corrupt with hatred and bigotry toward MMJ users. They kept me over 24 hours. They sent inmates with chisels to chip paint off the steal door just to make me more miserable. Since that time my heart is giving me issues. My health is in toxic shock and now I am living in fear of being trapped in their web and being branded as an addict. I now have to lock my doors(I have degenerative spine disease and can not get around well with locked doors)because I am afraid of the police...not the criminals here.

I no longer want to be a part of this community if our taxes go to support the hatred that eminates from that jail house. They feed off each others bigotry. If any jail and police, sheriff dept could be on the top of a list for violations to human rights it is this one.

They need a very deep deep investigation. They are roping people in to keep their income levels up. I wish we could organize a protest for the step of the courthouse and jail. At this point, it would hurt me to be at the helm, but I would certainly support anyone that would. I now hate the place I live and it is not good for my health. I ADVISE NOT ONE TO MOVE TO GLADWIN COUNTY if they want to be treated with respect and the carry an MMJ card.

WOW! what a sad story i have said this befor we need to be at the court houses every case we can make it too because it's not going to stop any time soon

i hope things get better for you but you have a long road ahead of you

it's been 3 years almost for us and thing are not getting better for the people that are in the court stytem

we need a protest their show some support for MMJ users hang in their the best you can and good luck and keep us posted as to what you need

Archived