Raided And Angry

OK so I know we are tracking how many people are currently in the MMP program and how many have been turned down as well....Is anyone keeping track of exactly how many legal people including the sometimes ignored caregiver (even the state doesn't know how many of those there are) have been raided or just harassed in general? It would also be interesting to know how many were charged and with what..Along with who wasn't and a possible why....

You know people ask me all the time why my name is itssortalegal...I simply state that the reason is that it is just sorta legal...If you seriously think that just because you have a card you are legal think again..If anything nowadays just having a card can not only put you at risk of being raided, the actual card itself can be used to also find out who your caregiver is and then they can harass them as well.

We are not truly going to be legal until they figure out a better system..I know we want to protect the law but some parts of the law do actually hurt us...For example..If you come to me with a stolen card and a matching fake I.D. I have to go on your word that you are a patient..Police have actually done just that to raid dispensaries..We have no way to check to see if the people who want our help are even really patients..We see the card and it just goes assumed....The same goes with paperwork.

I mean am I the only one that is wondering and noticing these things? Im sure I am not..But I bet I am one of the only ones that do think the law needs some tweaking but not the kind of tweaking the govt body wants to do.....

OK so I know we are tracking how many people are currently in the MMP program and how many have been turned down as well....Is anyone keeping track of exactly how many legal people including the sometimes ignored caregiver (even the state doesn't know how many of those there are) have been raided or just harassed in general? It would also be interesting to know how many were charged and with what..Along with who wasn't and a possible why....

You know people ask me all the time why my name is itssortalegal...I simply state that the reason is that it is just sorta legal...If you seriously think that just because you have a card you are legal think again..If anything nowadays just having a card can not only put you at risk of being raided, the actual card itself can be used to also find out who your caregiver is and then they can harass them as well.

We are not truly going to be legal until they figure out a better system..I know we want to protect the law but some parts of the law do actually hurt us...For example..If you come to me with a stolen card and a matching fake I.D. I have to go on your word that you are a patient..Police have actually done just that to raid dispensaries..We have no way to check to see if the people who want our help are even really patients..We see the card and it just goes assumed....The same goes with paperwork.

I mean am I the only one that is wondering and noticing these things? Im sure I am not..But I bet I am one of the only ones that do think the law needs some tweaking but not the kind of tweaking the govt body wants to do.....

These cards are no different than a drivers license. We have to trust that the license they show us is real, because there is no where for us to call and say, hey is this person really 18 and can buy cigarettes? Or (I don't have this issue any more, but when I was young it was an issue for my friend), is this girl I am hitting on and bringing back to my place really over 18, I picked her up at a bar, she had a drink, I saw her license saying she was 21, but is she really? Wow she is only 17?

Its the same issue. If you do your due dilligence and do everything you can to make sure someone is legal, there isn't much more than you can do and that should clear you of any wrong doing. At that point it should be the other person with the fake ID that is breaking the law, not you...

OK so I know we are tracking how many people are currently in the MMP program and how many have been turned down as well....Is anyone keeping track of exactly how many legal people including the sometimes ignored caregiver (even the state doesn't know how many of those there are) have been raided or just harassed in general? It would also be interesting to know how many were charged and with what..Along with who wasn't and a possible why....Y

Well that is what this web site is all about, right? Who is keeping track of the bullcrap bogus raids in Michigan? Is it less than 10? 20?

Also see: http://www.cato.org/raidmap/

an interactive map of all the raids gone bad, including 'unnecessary medical marijuana raids.' I wonder how accurate and comprehensive this map really is...

Archived