Another Spokane Raid By The Dea

peanutbutter

Guest Happy Guy

It is becoming more and more obvious that the feds don't think dispenseries are medical at all. It seems like they see them as an affront to medical and an obvious lunge towards legalization, which they are resisting.

Edited by Happy Guy

It is becoming more and more obvious that the feds don't think dispenseries are medical at all. It seems like they see them as an affront to medical and an obvious lunge towards legalization, which they are resisting.

They have forgotten that they work for the people .. not us for them.

I think this is part of Obama's 2012 re-election strategy.

He's really just buffing up his 'tough guy' image.

He killed Osama, he's going to get rough with Pakistan, so he's got international street cred established, and a Nobel Peace prize as a cherry on top!

Now, he needs to show some grit to the law and order crowd State side, so who better to hassle on the Drug War front than a weak target like Medical Marijuana.

Practically a threat-free engagement for those Federal agents on the ground, only patients(aka criminals) will be harmed, so its a win-win for Obama.

It doesn't matter what the result of the raids are, its only important to send in gunslingers to slap some darn hippies around.

Makes for great political drama, all about the re-election strategy, all about his image and the perception of the electorate.

Guest Happy Guy

I think this is part of Obama's 2012 re-election strategy.

He's really just buffing up his 'tough guy' image.

He killed Osama, he's going to get rough with Pakistan, so he's got international street cred established, and a Nobel Peace prize as a cherry on top!

Now, he needs to show some grit to the law and order crowd State side, so who better to hassle on the Drug War front than a weak target like Medical Marijuana.

Practically a threat-free engagement for those Federal agents on the ground, only patients(aka criminals) will be harmed, so its a win-win for Obama.

It doesn't matter what the result of the raids are, its only important to send in gunslingers to slap some darn hippies around.

Makes for great political drama, all about the re-election strategy, all about his image and the perception of the electorate.

I believe you are correct about most of it. To be more specific, I think he's just going for the public sales and leaving patients and caregivers out of it. He's a hero with Arizona patients. They have been able to grow longer now. I'm sure he did a study and found out if he just nailed the dispensaries, and not the patients/caregivers, he would actually gain a lot of votes from both sides of the aisle. Win win for 2012. Not like he didn't send a warning first.