Michigan Doctor Accused Of Medical Marijuana Fraud

As we discuss cases that crop up, we help form public opinion.

It's a bad situation. Bad because of the PR for "them." Seems like a good idea to avoid helping their PR "win."

And I'm positive that there would be at least four slam posts against Dr. Bob. For whatever reason it just seems to be an automated reaction here.

Someone has a problem.

Four real quick "it's all their fault" kind of posts. Sometimes I jump in and remind everyone innocent until proven otherwise. We don't know the whole story yet. Hold back on trashing them until we hear both sides.

We have been conditioned, as a society, to assume guilt until proven otherwise. That gives the system more power. Consider how many hours of cop shows are played every night. I figure about one third of our airtime is used to reenforce the conditioning.

The cops are the good guys.

Cops always get the right person.

Cops never abuse the system.

These are the messages that we are being programmed with every day.

Four real quick "it's all their fault" kind of posts. Sometimes I jump in and remind everyone innocent until proven otherwise. We don't know the whole story yet. Hold back on trashing them until we hear both sides.

Yeah that's so true but so is the opposite. Sometimes I feel like someone could post a story:

"All I was doing was smashing kittens with a marijuana brick...when LEO came by and stole my freedom"

And then some people cry out about the sheer tyranny of it all and the public thinks we're all anarchists and anti-establishment Michigan Marijuana Militia.

I think the movement and our PR would be better off if folks just bit their tongue until the facts came out.

And please. Use restraint when considering dropping a dime on someone about marijuana. All of us think the laws are wrong, one way or another.

Don't feed the machine of abuse.

Use the golden rule there. Someday it may be you that is one single item over the current view.

Bob, you may well be right, but my experience has been that the authorities tend to shoot from the hip on that sort of thing. My concern is that they will invalidate the cards due to the pre-signed certs and make people 'prove' they are sick by going out and getting a new card. I would hope they would take into consideration folks have medication and are growing plants, giving them 30 days to reapply so they don't have to tear things out to avoid criminal charges.

I am going to go smash some kittens with a brick of marijuana and hope everyone else has a great weekend.

Dr. Bob

Yeah that's so true but so is the opposite. Sometimes I feel like someone could post a story:

"All I was doing was smashing kittens with a marijuana brick...when LEO came by and stole my freedom"

And then some people cry out about the sheer tyranny of it all and the public thinks we're all anarchists and anti-establishment Michigan Marijuana Militia.

I think the movement and our PR would be better off if folks just bit their tongue until the facts came out.

Highlander, this is brilliant and very true. You summed up in a sentence or two what I've been unable to properly phrase myself. Well said.

Pre-signing certs to be sold by a broker is illegal, dangerous and just plain wrong. I wonder how many folks went to a 'clinic' in N. Michigan and got the same treatment, perhaps not even knowing they never saw a doctor. Most do not actually watch the 'doctor' sign the form. If you filled out your own certification from, checked your own conditions, or wrote comments about your condition on the state form, there is a good chance you were filling out a presigned form. There is a marketing company doing that up North.

If you went through a cattle call in Bay City, Cheboygan, Traverse City, Marquette, Clare, or the Soo and had to fill out a long 'affidavit' in lieu of records, then filled out your own form, contact me via PM. We need to police ourselves and stop this kind of nonsense.

Dr. Bob

Highlander, this is brilliant and very true. You summed up in a sentence or two what I've been unable to properly phrase myself. Well said.

Pre-signing certs to be sold by a broker is illegal, dangerous and just plain wrong. I wonder how many folks went to a 'clinic' in N. Michigan and got the same treatment, perhaps not even knowing they never saw a doctor. Most do not actually watch the 'doctor' sign the form. If you filled out your own certification from, checked your own conditions, or wrote comments about your condition on the state form, there is a good chance you were filling out a presigned form. There is a marketing company doing that up North.

If you went through a cattle call in Bay City, Cheboygan, Traverse City, Marquette, Clare, or the Soo and had to fill out a long 'affidavit' in lieu of records, then filled out your own form, contact me via PM. We need to police ourselves and stop this kind of nonsense.

Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob

It's the dropping a dime stuff that concerns me at this point.

IMO there is never a good reason to report someone for cannabis.

Report them for smashing kittens? Sure.

Cannabis? We are at war. We are winning. We need to maintain the best PR we can for this war.

People do stupid things. So if you want a perfect group to fight along side of, find something other than humans to work with.

As long as we're working with humans, there will be screw ups. It's the nature of things.

How would our action of quick condemnation gain us? If we are loud and agree with the system, what do we get back in return?

Nothing. We get nothing in return for condemning members of our community. What we do is to confirm that the system was right to raid another location. We agree and support swat teams entering our homes.

WE ENCOURAGE THE SYSTEM TO DO THE SAME TO US.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Wonder how this is going?

Dr. Bob

This looks favorable;

Sanction History Found HealthGrades has found sanction history for Dr. Butler-Jackson.

Unknown (6/14/11)

Action Taken:License Reinstatement without Restrictions

Issued To:Butler-Jackson, Lois Michelle MD License # 4301051182 Nature of Complaint

Unknown at this time.

Action Taken

The Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs, Bureau of Health Professions has dissolved the Summary Suspension on the physician’s Michigan medical license.

State:Michigan

Issued By:State of Michigan

Archived