If Only I Had A Crystal Ball

Well sir some of us just can't make middle of the week things like this I am home bound with young children. I would have loved to have been there. Others still maybe too sick to trek out in the storms or at all for that matter. Then there is a population of our community that is to poor to get there, And yet others that can not publicly be lured due to needing to keep their jobs. Not to mention the ones that might have been fooled by the dirty sob's that posted the cancelation of the rally on here. I understand your anger I wish I could have been there!

With Such Revenue Generated from this Site why wasnt the rally more publicized?

Probably because publicizing costs money and spending money takes it from the pockets of the powers that be. I think people are finally beginning to wise up that there are a lot of so-called leaders that are really in it for the bottom line. They see green and I don't mean the kind that grows on your trees in your basements.

Kingpinn you are exactly the kind of guy that should be rallied around. But the most I see you getting is a pat on the back. This organization should be adopting the high profile cases and financially supporting them because their outcomes will be what shape the future of medical marihuana in this state. Like it or not the courts WILL decide these cases. That is something we KNOW FOR SURE. So why isn't more being done to provide these people with the best defense at the appeals level? Instead we get a rally at the capitol that costs how much and may or may not do any good at all. For the legislators to change the law they need a super majority which is unlikely so change on that end is iffy at best but change through the courts WILL happen because when the courts are presented with the issues they have no choice but to decide. So why is no money being poured into the places where change WILL occur rather than where change MIGHT occur???

I agree with you Kingpinn. The rally fizzled. Who here thinks the legislators will listen to a couple hundred of us "potheads" when they don't listen when they see THOUSANDS of union members shaking the building? We're gum on their show and nothing more and to hype it up as if we left some sort of profound effect on them is just propagandizing and rhetoric to make the people here feel happy and feel like someting is being done.

Kingpinn stands to take a royal screwin if things don't work out right for him.

Probably because publicizing costs money and spending money takes it from the pockets of the powers that be. I think people are finally beginning to wise up that there are a lot of so-called leaders that are really in it for the bottom line. They see green and I don't mean the kind that grows on your trees in your basements.

Kingpinn you are exactly the kind of guy that should be rallied around. But the most I see you getting is a pat on the back. This organization should be adopting the high profile cases and financially supporting them because their outcomes will be what shape the future of medical marihuana in this state. Like it or not the courts WILL decide these cases. That is something we KNOW FOR SURE. So why isn't more being done to provide these people with the best defense at the appeals level? Instead we get a rally at the capitol that costs how much and may or may not do any good at all. For the legislators to change the law they need a super majority which is unlikely so change on that end is iffy at best but change through the courts WILL happen because when the courts are presented with the issues they have no choice but to decide. So why is no money being poured into the places where change WILL occur rather than where change MIGHT occur???

I agree with you Kingpinn. The rally fizzled. Who here thinks the legislators will listen to a couple hundred of us "potheads" when they don't listen when they see THOUSANDS of union members shaking the building? We're gum on their show and nothing more and to hype it up as if we left some sort of profound effect on them is just propagandizing and rhetoric to make the people here feel happy and feel like someting is being done.

Kingpinn stands to take a royal screwin if things don't work out right for him.

THANK YOU! and THANK YOU Kingpinn.

I went to the rally, stood there soaked past my knees, still

feeling the chill of it still today.

I also went to the after party for a short while.

Ludicrous to have a PATIENTS party in an UPSTAIRS venue

just to be able to medicate.

I am still processing the whole event. It is definitely a day

I will remember... but not in the way so many others are going

to remember I'm sure. I've never been snubbed by so many

people in my entire life.

I call bs.

Joe is likely not responding yet, because he is likely VERY tired. i saw him near the end of the day, early evening. he was hardly able to peel his back from the back of the couch, as he was so tired. i did my part and medicated him well to ease the pain. but if i were Joe, i'd still be sleeping. cut the man some slack for a sec hey?

you may not always agree with Joe. but i don't think his intentions are even remotely questionable. please, step away from the keyboard and give the man a minute to recoup.

I just have to say, that is not what I saw at all. Although sure I would have loved to see our numbers in the thousands, I saw several important things happen that I have never seen at another rally.

Our numbers are growing, even in the face of the sickening abuses that we are being dealt by the authorities. This rally was easily twice as large as the largest one ever held, and it was with one hand tied behind our backs, so to speak, since we were not quite able to fully unify prior to the rally.

Most of the people that attend every rally were there. We have not lost many from our ranks over the past two years, and have gained substantially, and they are more focused, and willing to work. This protest was the work of dozens of volunteers, over many months. That has never happened before for a medical marijuana rally in Michigan. Additionally, I saw people that have been involved in medical marijuana in Michigan from the beginning, that attended their first rally yesterday. They now see the need to stay involved, and have stepped up to the plate.

Also, more than half of the attendees were brand new to a rally, at least to the ones I have been to. That is the achievement that will allow us to turn this crew into an effective political force. While previous rallies have been short on outreach for new attendees, this one exhibited the hard work people had done talking to others about our cause and galvanizing them to understand the necessity of our fight. More of that will build us into a true grassroots force that cannot be ignored. If every person decides to bring three more to the next rally, you can imagine the effect.

The speakers list was composed mostly of patients rather than marijuana activists. The message was more focused and coherent. There was much less marijuana promotion going on than at previous political events. The list included people from many disparate organizations in the state, but rather than using the opportunity to promote an organizational agenda, they used it to inspire others to fight for our rights under the law and against the abuses of authority.

Few here know the details, but let me tell you that what happened yesterday was a monumental task given our current scenario, and Joe made it happen, better than anyone before. To insinuate that everything that everyone did to make yesterday a reality is bull because you think that Joe has a profit motive, well, you are barking up the wrong tree in my opinion. Attempting to cover the expenses that Joe and Michael incur fighting this fight without commercializing AT ALL is something to be admired, not trashed in their own public forum.

We each are entitled to our own opinions.

Why were we so unable to unify prior to the rally?

Why is it that so few here know details, my dues are paid?

I donate time, energy and cash. Just because I am not in

the forefront does not mean I do not pull my full share and

then some. Some of us do not need to be in the spotlight to

do our work. Many have to work behind the scenes to keep

those out front supported. I am very disenchanted. I will continue

to fight. I just will never show myself out again. If there are to

be warm bodies to through in front of the bus... mine will not be one.

Why are we kept in the dark?

Why was the after party planned at a venue that was not PATIENT FRIENDLY?

I have been involved in this movement for the better part of 35 yrs. This is by

far not my 1st rally or event. It is definitely the last.

Those patients / victims of the system and their bravery to stand before the crowd

and tell their stories, were very moving and the highlight of this event for myself.

As far as these being 'their own public forum", then what the heck does my dues

allow me? I am not allowed my opinion on 'their forum?"

There is one bright spot to the day for me and that was to meet my personal

hero...

Archived