Can I Introduce A New Dispensary On The Forums?

Dispensaries:  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Should dispensaries be allowed to have ads on this site?

• yes
    • no

So NO caregivers from the MMMA gave or give to your cause? or is it The MMMA organization did not donate $. Since the organization itself

doesn't grow MM how could it donate it. Didn't you recently post on the forum looking for free MM donations for your project(which I think is a most commendable project? did you receive any replies? Thanks for your time..

We have received replies but not any donations lately from our last request and I can not honestly say that any previous donation did not come from a MMMA member all I am saying is were most of it came from and before we had this division between Mac and MMMA there were and are Mac Members that are still members of the MMMA

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad you folks all seem to have access to these awesome dispensary beating prices and meds.... free meds... free clones... awesome genetics. Most don't. I don't. I don't know anyone personally who does. It sucks that you don't seem to want people to have any option at all who aren't networked like you are. I'm turned off by this debate... and starting to be by this site in general.

If your in Ann Arbor, the a2m2pc might be helpful. they have monthly meetings for MM patients and caregivers with whom to network with. a2m2pc.org There are many options available for networking. lots of patients and caregivers have access to the things you mention. hoping you will meet them.

As I recall BB you came to Saginaw to Protest the injustice done by Barny Fife not to get or keep my but out of Jail I was never charged remember and when Barney Fife arrested my girl friend on a unpaid $28 tax bill at the protest that cost $500 to get her out it was Mac and MMMA members both that bailed her out . And for all that both organizations Mac and MMMA alike I can not support division there good and bad dispensaries out there just like there are good and bad caregivers out there and the bad ones will eventually bury themselves. But United we will stand but divided we will fall that is why I do not support division in this cause and think dispensaries should be allowed to advertise on this site even tho there are a lot of dispensaries that I don`t care for or really support but there are some that I do

We have received replies but not any donations lately from our last request and I can not honestly say that any previous donation did not come from a MMMA member all I am saying is were most of it came from and before we had this division between Mac and MMMA there were and are Mac Members that are still members of the MMMA

thanks for replying. also, would you help to explain the division between MMMA and MACC. what is the division concerning.

many are familiar with the MMMA but not MACC.

all the time waiting for the feds to come knocking as they have a quest to ensure it currently stays private

Hmmmm seems yur info is outdated as they are questing to legitimize MMJ "businesses" as you put it:

HR 1983, the State's Medical Marijuana Protection Act of 2011, introduced by Rep. Barney Frank (D-MA), would explicitly exempt people complying with state medical marijuana laws from federal arrest and prosecution. It also directs the federal government to reschedule marijuana under the Controlled Substances Act. It is cosponsored by Rep. Jared Polis (D-CO) and Dana Rohrabacher (R-CA).

"The time has come for the federal government to stop preempting states' medical marijuana laws," Frank said. "For the federal government to come in and supersede state law is a real mistake for those in pain for whom nothing else seems to work. This bill would block the federal prosecution of those patients who reside in those states that allow medical marijuana."

HR 1984, the Small Business Banking Improvement Act of 2011, introduced by Rep. Polis, would protect banks that accept deposits from medical marijuana from federal fines or seizures and allow them to avoid the onerous "suspicious activity" reports they now have to file when accepting deposits from medical marijuana businesses. That has led financial institutions including Wells Fargo, CitiCorp, and Bank of America to refuse to do business with medical marijuana entities. The bill is cosponsored by Reps. Frank and Pete Stark (D-CA), as well as Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX).

"When a small business, such as a medical marijuana dispensary, can't access basic banking services they either have to become cash-only -- and become targets of crime -- or they'll end up out-of-business," said Polis. "In states that have legalized medical marijuana, and for businesses that have been state-approved, it is simply wrong for the federal government to intrude and threaten banks that are involved in legal transactions."

HR 1985, the Small Business Tax Equity Act of 2011, introduced by Rep. Pete Stark (D-CA), would allow medical marijuana dispensaries to deduct business expenses from their federal taxes like any other business. It is designed to prevent unnecessary audits of medical marijuana businesses by the IRS and put an end to the dozens of industry audits already underway. The bill is cosponsored by Reps. Rohrabacher and Paul, as well as Frank and Polis.

"Our tax code undercuts legal medical marijuana dispensaries by preventing them from taking all the deductions allowed for other small businesses," Stark said. "While unfair to these small business owners, the tax code also punishes the patients who rely on them for safe and reliable access to medical marijuana prescribed by a doctor. The Small Business Tax Equity Act would correct these shortcomings."

i would interperit that to mean, if wording for dispensorys was explicitly outlined in the MMA law, they would (hopefully) work hard to mainting their businesses to stay within those laws and outlines.

And as much as i can see the good for what they do (i dont think all are bad, but fact is their are some as we ve seen by the busts going done in recent months, where more than just MMJ was being worked with). Fact is, like any business, that business is only as moral and ethical as the people that own it.

I Hope we have good moral, and ethical individuals running and working in many of the states dispensorys. as it is You, whos shoulders it falls on to sway public opinion of how a Dispensory should be run and handled. and its your kiesters that are in a large way, speaking for all MMA registrants, as you are the biggest sourse of Public Attention, thus you have the biggest responsibility to bolster and maintain a Positive Public opinion.

all the time waiting for the feds to come knocking as they have a quest to ensure it currently stays private (no MMJ Distrobution in a business form). if it does become To large before they have the Pharmacutical industry ready to push organic TCH (search for recent information on new Pharma fields of cannabis allowed by the DEA and FDA) to the populus by the billions of doesesm then they lose their window of controllability of the situation. if that happens, then they ll further lose the grip they have on Marijuana use here in the USA< and the controlled profitability they would have if only pharmacutical companies can legally grow, and distribute their new organic marinol, would be gone to the small business and john q public, which is what they do not want. if the public already has it available widley, then pharma has no incentive to produce organic marinol, and the government loses more control of the citizens, and we regain a piece of our constitution and coutry back!!!

so in an essance, we need more dispensorys, to keep the government from siezing all control and eliminting our choice for us, agian, yet by doing so, we are all at risk of taking public opinion back 30 yrs on the issue. its a very, very delicate path that must be walked if the american citizens, thus real patients are going to prevail.

not trying to be gloom and doom. only explaining the picture of the puzzle i see as its being assembled. we dont have much time to change the puzzle picture, but change it we must.

i dont not delude myself in thinking they are not at risk, nor do i believe every last one is running solely for large profit, but yes some are. those need to go. they hurt us all. but as you can see by m last 2 paragraph, its a bit of an oxymoron.

to me, its evident the fed does not want thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of small business to start operation. they need time to get these pharma companys ready to sell RX organic marinal. thus eliminating ANY NEED for ANY STATE in the union to Have a MMJ law on the books. and only way to do that is to have a dispensory on every corner, which in the beggining would really sway public opinion against MMJ, but over a course of 5 to 10 years, that opinion would slowly but certainly sway into more support for it. its a Political Tug of War over the power of controlling the legality of how cannabis will be controlled here in the USA.

everyone needs to see this, know it, and believe it, because this IS what and in part, why things are going down as they are.

You must look DEEP to see the bigger picture. pieces of the puzzle are everywhere, and i see how they are fitting together, and as noted by myself and many others, including PB, MKormorn, BB, and others thru the coutnry, it IS NOT GOOD.

See the picture from every angle. inspect its details, and understand what the picture is saying to you. Trust me when i say, its closer than you think. the time to stand up and act IS now.

Guest Happy Guy

I'm glad you folks all seem to have access to these awesome dispensary beating prices and meds.... free meds... free clones... awesome genetics. Most don't. I don't. I don't know anyone personally who does. It sucks that you don't seem to want people to have any option at all who aren't networked like you are. I'm turned off by this debate... and starting to be by this site in general.

The answer my friend is not dispensaries. The answer is teaching people to grow. It all comes from grows, not dispensaries. Dispensaries are just The Middle Man. They are not some kind of machine that pops out medical cannabis. They just redirect it for money. They are like a dam in a stream. They only open the dam for money. To say that the dispensaries solve some kind of supply problem could only mean they are importing it and that would be illegal and not in Michigan's best interests. There very well may be a supply problem. I personally doubt it. But dispensaries are not part of the supply solution. They are actually a road block for money. Like a toll road. Toll roads only help pay for the road. Dispensaries only help pay for the dispensary. Find your supply at the source. You don't need to pay the toll. The source is where it is at. Grow it or find a grower. Encourage people to grow. It's a beautiful thing that needs no dam/roadblock!

all the time waiting for the feds to come knocking as they have a quest to ensure it currently stays private

Hmmmm seems yur info is outdated as they are questing to legitimize MMJ "businesses" as you put it:

HR 1983, the State's Medical Marijuana Protection Act of 2011, introduced by Rep. Barney Frank (D-MA), would explicitly exempt people complying with state medical marijuana laws from federal arrest and prosecution. It also directs the federal government to reschedule marijuana under the Controlled Substances Act. It is cosponsored by Rep. Jared Polis (D-CO) and Dana Rohrabacher (R-CA).

"The time has come for the federal government to stop preempting states' medical marijuana laws," Frank said. "For the federal government to come in and supersede state law is a real mistake for those in pain for whom nothing else seems to work. This bill would block the federal prosecution of those patients who reside in those states that allow medical marijuana."

HR 1984, the Small Business Banking Improvement Act of 2011, introduced by Rep. Polis, would protect banks that accept deposits from medical marijuana from federal fines or seizures and allow them to avoid the onerous "suspicious activity" reports they now have to file when accepting deposits from medical marijuana businesses. That has led financial institutions including Wells Fargo, CitiCorp, and Bank of America to refuse to do business with medical marijuana entities. The bill is cosponsored by Reps. Frank and Pete Stark (D-CA), as well as Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX).

"When a small business, such as a medical marijuana dispensary, can't access basic banking services they either have to become cash-only -- and become targets of crime -- or they'll end up out-of-business," said Polis. "In states that have legalized medical marijuana, and for businesses that have been state-approved, it is simply wrong for the federal government to intrude and threaten banks that are involved in legal transactions."

HR 1985, the Small Business Tax Equity Act of 2011, introduced by Rep. Pete Stark (D-CA), would allow medical marijuana dispensaries to deduct business expenses from their federal taxes like any other business. It is designed to prevent unnecessary audits of medical marijuana businesses by the IRS and put an end to the dozens of industry audits already underway. The bill is cosponsored by Reps. Rohrabacher and Paul, as well as Frank and Polis.

"Our tax code undercuts legal medical marijuana dispensaries by preventing them from taking all the deductions allowed for other small businesses," Stark said. "While unfair to these small business owners, the tax code also punishes the patients who rely on them for safe and reliable access to medical marijuana prescribed by a doctor. The Small Business Tax Equity Act would correct these shortcomings."

And the states will jump on the chance to take over the dispo business, then take away your right to grow to protect their cash cow. You actually think these are proposed to help the little guys access. Oh and forget about donations when that comes, big business will take over and big pharma will offer pills as a donation then make the tax payer absorb the cost.

Everyone thinks they have the answer for someone else's life. Nobody seems to want to hear that dispensaries do anything that anybody appreciates. The model you guys talk about of low cost meds for all is unattainable and that's a reality. I've never seen heard or even dreamed of anything below 225/oz and at that point it's not strong stuff. If I want something that really dulls the pain I have the option buying a lot of something sub-par from a delivery service or a little top shelf from the dispensary. 6 times out of 10, I'll choose the dispensary. It is my only access to really strong meds.

Maybe if more time was spent outside of the activism bubble you would meet more people like me who are not connected to such generous caregivers and cannot grow everything they need. I thought this was about safe access.

Everyone thinks they have the answer for someone else's life. Nobody seems to want to hear that dispensaries do anything that anybody appreciates. The model you guys talk about of low cost meds for all is unattainable and that's a reality. I've never seen heard or even dreamed of anything below 225/oz and at that point it's not strong stuff. If I want something that really dulls the pain I have the option buying a lot of something sub-par from a delivery service or a little top shelf from the dispensary. 6 times out of 10, I'll choose the dispensary. It is my only access to really strong meds.

Maybe if more time was spent outside of the activism bubble you would meet more people like me who are not connected to such generous caregivers and cannot grow everything they need. I thought this was about safe access.

If you can't find a CG who will sign you up for $255 or less and supply top shelf meds, you haven't looked very hard. There are many out there. Have you been to a compassion club before - or a farmers' market?

Lots of folks seem to want to believe that there is a huge distribution problem here in Michigan...that caregivers and patients with extra meds don't know how to find people who want them...so we *need* dispenseries to provide the service of getting meds from one cardholder and transferring them to another.

When you really dig down into this issue, most of the patients I have talked to who support dispensaries do so because deep down they want to have a place to get meds while they grow their own, then have a place to sell any extras if/when they get up and running.

Guest Happy Guy

I suggest you find out who is supplying the dispensary your room mate is the manager of. You have to think that if your dispensary can 'find' a supply, and your room mate runs it, then you should be able to find the same medication, without paying for all the overhead at the dispensary. I understand since if some of this overhead is your household income you might be a little biased? But you can't say you can't find it when your room mate can. That is not a very good arguement for dispensaries. They obviously are also blocking your access too, for a price.

So your statements are based on your gut feelings? You think (feel) the most voters were against dispensaries at the time of the 08 election. Do you have any data to back that?

edit

That was indeed a snapshot. The dispensary folks on trial now were arrested in August of last year. A good four months before the survey. The Oakland county officials held a press conference to inform the public.

To "inform" people as a part of the survey process would manipulate the survey results. This survey was intended to find out what the public thought as a snapshot. Exactly as they were at that very moment.

Do you have any thing to back up your claim that the voting public likes dips? i can see your on that team for some reason..... but show me where the voters like it. You have to be a blind fool to not see it, looka at any public discussion, any news paper the only thing people grip about is the disp....."no disp in my back yard"

In your other post i see you mention the feds are going after cgs......where show me? if your talking about people with fed numbers.... so ya show me.

correction, THEY are not attempting to legalize anything.

but yes Certain People in our government will certainly attempt to tackle legalization, but you must realize the government as a whole, does not want this, and will do pretty much anything in their power to not allow it.

So if I go with your belief, everyone else should give up what is spelled out, for you to have what is not. A little selfish maybe. Or maybe you should go out and have it put up for vote, like what was done with the current act, instead of assuming the current law covers your needs.

A lot of the supporters of the dispensaries are assuming they are covered, but yet I see no evidence of this. Second what will you say to the patients that have no help that lose their grow, God forbid if you are wrong, cant afford the new system that could get implemented. Bottom line you are taking what is now a legal right and using it to justify an entitlement, and the cost is people. Do the proper leg work, get support, then open up shop, do not try to gain off the back of another! Look to Montana and you will see what you risk! Will all of you pick up the burden for those who will lose? Or are you all just so smart you think you know the answers? Put the dispensary on the ballot, let it stand alone, then tell me the public supports it.

They obviously are also blocking your access too, for a price.

Yes- why can't people see this?

If a pt/CG has an extra 5oz, he can pt to pt transfer for $1000 and everyone walks away happy.

or he can walk into a dispensary with it and walk out with $1000. Now instead of that 5oz going to patients for $200/oz, it goes to patients for $20/g. AND A BUSINESS THAT MAKES MONEY OFF PEOPLE WHO CAN'T GROW GETS STRONGER.

If you were the guy with the 5oz, what would be easier for you? Sell to the dispensary - easier, faster, for the same money.

The dispensary that isn't mentioned in the law as legal or not - has the advantage of being the easy place to dump extra meds. This gives the dispensary the advantage over the patient when competing for others' overages.

This is pretty easy to understand. It is high school economics class.

Why can't people understand that the more profit that can be made off the sick, the more big business will control it. It happened with big Pharma and it will happen tomorrow with big Farma too if we feed it today.

If you look at a bigger picture, dispensaries are awesome if there is full on legalization/decriminalization as an outlet for people to buy marihuana. CC/Farmers Markets are based on Patient needs, whereas dispensaries are based on the owners needs.

to sum it up:

Dispensaries = FOR PROFIT=pocket first/patient last (NO checks or balances to ensure fairness/quality to consumer)

Compassion clubs/Farmers markets = FOR COMPENSATION=patient first/pocket last (self policing groups that are geared to better patient/caregiver lives)

If a dispensary here in Michigan has not been born for profit, then why not label it as a compassion club? Why use the nomenclature of dispensary at all? Why paint the target for the federal government? Because there is no consideration for a patient in a "dispensary", but plenty of consideration for the profit that will be used to defend the owners in court should the day come. Even the "Chamberlain model"/"ruling" for dispensaries is based on P2P for patients, and born from the concept of a Farmers' style market for the uninterrupted supply of medication to patients and those assisting patients.

I challenge any of you that are pro dispensary to take a trip to a farmers market for say, your next 3 medicinal acquisitions. youll see that at the very least, the patient is at the forefront of any and all transactions. When was the last time you were at a dispensary and were able to negotiate the price of your medicine?

And you wont have to put off your [insert bill here] to get your medicine.

You really need to get out more.... from this site, i have been able to meet all my needs with meds that far exceed the schwag they sell at disp...........for far less than the disp gives your buddy to sell his patients meds.. You have options lost of others dont, you would have everyone going to your buddies disp paying over any type of compassionate price, to get crappy meds, mislabeled, (not true genetics just what sells), then they will feel so safe, they wont have any money left when the feds come in.

Disp serve a purpose, they get sick people in one building for arrest, or they funnel all of our money back to cali...

If you want good meds, real med quality seek out a cg, you wont find it in a disp.

Disp serve a purpose, they get sick people in one building for arrest, or they funnel all of our money back to cali...

You forgot another reason -

As we have seen, they also compile a HUGE list of patient records, and in at least two cases we have seen, do not retain those records in a manner as to secure them against seizure. Who here wants to ask Bill Schuettee to protect your records from LEO if they are taken in a dispensary raid?

Why do dispensaries need to document who their customers are anyway? If the dispensary is satified that you are legit, what good does a copy do them? I can only think of two reasons to copy patient records:

1. Marketing purposes

2. Having a list of patients to use to justify their existence. Which means YOU, the patient, will be dragged into the dispensery's legal mess and possibly be forced to authenticate their documents and that YOU bought mmj there.

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Just a note to staff: If I was in your position I'd make sure and check the votes for both sides. Make sure people for both groups aren't posting a vote for more then one vote for their side....

JMO

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Just a note to staff: If I was in your position I'd make sure and check the votes for both sides. Make sure people for both groups aren't posting a vote for more then one vote for their side by making a "sock account"....

JMO

OOps...hit reply instead of "edit" My bad

If you can't find a CG who will sign you up for $255 or less and supply top shelf meds, you haven't looked very hard. There are many out there. Have you been to a compassion club before - or a farmers' market?

Lots of folks seem to want to believe that there is a huge distribution problem here in Michigan...that caregivers and patients with extra meds don't know how to find people who want them...so we *need* dispenseries to provide the service of getting meds from one cardholder and transferring them to another.

When you really dig down into this issue, most of the patients I have talked to who support dispensaries do so because deep down they want to have a place to get meds while they grow their own, then have a place to sell any extras if/when they get up and running.

Does anyone on this sight believe in logical thinking or are assumptions based on personal experience the standard round here?

I suggest you find out who is supplying the dispensary your room mate is the manager of. You have to think that if your dispensary can 'find' a supply, and your room mate runs it, then you should be able to find the same medication, without paying for all the overhead at the dispensary. I understand since if some of this overhead is your household income you might be a little biased? But you can't say you can't find it when your room mate can. That is not a very good arguement for dispensaries. They obviously are also blocking your access too, for a price.

I know who is supplying my roommate's dispensary... it's the same guy supplying the one I go to. They are two different places. I am not a member at my roommate's dispensary. I cannot buy anything from him. It is not an option. I have no bias due to my roommates job. He's been there two weeks, I've never seen the place and it benefits me in exactly 0 ways. My income comes from my job and his comes from his.

Why do you assume if the dispensary was not there that I would have access to the meds that are there? That's quite the leap of logic.

So if I go with your belief, everyone else should give up what is spelled out, for you to have what is not. A little selfish maybe. Or maybe you should go out and have it put up for vote, like what was done with the current act, instead of assuming the current law covers your needs.

I'm sorry. Can you please quote the post were I said anyone should give up anything. Thanks. Dispensaries are specifically spelled out where my roommate's is. He has a business license on his office wall that says Medical Marijuana Dispensary from the local government. Is that spelled out enough? The law permitting such a thing went to vote.... not a public election but a vote by publicly elected officials.

You really need to get out more.... from this site, i have been able to meet all my needs with meds that far exceed the schwag they sell at disp...........for far less than the disp gives your buddy to sell his patients meds.. You have options lost of others dont, you would have everyone going to your buddies disp paying over any type of compassionate price, to get crappy meds, mislabeled, (not true genetics just what sells), then they will feel so safe, they wont have any money left when the feds come in.

If you want good meds, real med quality seek out a cg, you wont find it in a disp.

Assumptions make an donkey out of you. AND ME.

1) I don't get out from this site.

2) The sell schwag at dispensaries (leaving out any specifics implies that all dispensaries fall in this category. In reality they don't.)

3) I would have everyone go to my buddies dispensary (an outrageous idea on its face)

4) Genetics are mislabeled (again leaving out specifics implies a generalization)

5) There are no good meds at dispensaries

I'm not trying to be rude but if you're just going to make generalizations is there really any point to the conversation? At this point we're not even talking about anything in particular. I never said I would have other patients do anything. When I write online, I try to say exactly what I mean.. and nothing else.

I speak for myself. I did argue that there are other patients in my situation, but I do not speak for them. I want the option to go. You telling me how things are at every dispensary in the state, even if your statements were unanimously true, would not dissuade me. If every patient had it as easy as a lot of you seem to, I might agree that dispensaries are unnecessary and that the risk they present by angering prohibitionists isn't worth the benefit of medicine at a storefront location. As of now, that is not the case. Just this poll demonstrates that I'm not the only one who feels this way... just one of the few willing to let you all be angry at me for wanting all avenues open.

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO
Just this poll demonstrates that I'm not the only one who feels this way

Even that at this time is an "assumption". You're taking at face value neither side has upped it's vote count by making sock accounts. When the poll ends, and the staff pour over the accounts that made votes, and delete those with 0 post anywhere else and match up with existing accounts that have already voted, will give a much more true representation of the community....

But thats JMO...

Guest Happy Guy

QUOTE: I know who is supplying my roommate's dispensary... it's the same guy supplying the one I go to. They are two different places. I am not a member at my roommate's dispensary. I cannot buy anything from him. It is not an option. I have no bias due to my roommates job. He's been there two weeks, I've never seen the place and it benefits me in exactly 0 ways. My income comes from my job and his comes from his.

Why do you assume if the dispensary was not there that I would have access to the meds that are there? That's quite the leap of logic.

These dispensaries are supposed to be doing patient to patient transfers. Why would getting your meds from your supplying patient not be an option after you have already met him and transfered at least once already? What makes you think he wouldn't supply you if the dispensary got out of your way? Why do you need the dispensary when you now have access to your patient grower/supplier? What is going on that makes this not possible? Maybe he isn't a legal grower or his source isn't medical at all? What could possibly be the problem?

Archived