Can I Introduce A New Dispensary On The Forums?

Dispensaries:  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Should dispensaries be allowed to have ads on this site?

• yes
    • no

And as I already stated, I am 1 of 5 caregivers operating these facilities. I personally run one; it has 48 plants. Eight for each of my patients and eight for myself. I've been through the system, done my research, and I'm smarter than your average bear, Boo-boo :)!

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And I must add that the other facilities in the co-op are run in the same manner; once we got them going, they took off and are doing the same thing as our original 5. They're just a little behind us because they started last year, but they are ahead in the plan as well. We hope to get our fourth greenhouse built this summer; right now the fourth facility is indoors and is not cost effective enough for it to be able to do the charity work we do with the greenhouses.

But we started out with a 5 year plan, and 2 years later we are already where we hoped to be by year 4. We will have the fifth and final greenhouse running by next summer, each one having one caregiver, five patients, and 48 plants per greenhouse. We also have numerous storage locations for the harvested plants as well, and we make sure EVERYONE is on the same page regarding plant and usable medicine amounts. We just had to hire an accountant because of all the numbers. We run everything like a company, and take everything into consideration. And of course we have attorneys on retainer for any legal issues that may arise.

It can be done, but it truly does take a village with a common goal. We're not getting rich, but that isn't our plan. Our hope is to live comfortably and help others in need at the same time. Helping people in their most trying times is the best feeling in the world. Words can't truly describe it; you just feel right with the universe. And that's a rare thing to feel in this world.

Guest Happy Guy

Yeah. And the member who started it all says they can't get any meds, that's why they need the dispensary. Then they start a big grow thread about all the different strains they grow with these huge beautiful buds. LOL

Guest Happy Guy

I'd start growing huge beautiful buds too if I couldn't find any meds anywhere other than a dispensary.

He said he couldn't find anything and was left out in the cold with nothing. Then he says he has all these strains with a nice harvest. You can't truthfully claim both in the same week. LOL Maybe it was just for the sake of 'argument for dispensary'. Some of us are paying attention to what you write.

He said he couldn't find anything and was left out in the cold with nothing. Then he says he has all these strains with a nice harvest. You can't truthfully claim both in the same week. LOL Maybe it was just for the sake of 'argument for dispensary'. Some of us are paying attention to what you write.

Good catch.

I was holding my opinion, but i had this guy pegged at moment one. Him and his buddy are young and sharing delusions of grandeur of opening dispensary's, and lord I hope they have a better lawyer than mister pre-law. And I fully support my too young statement, point made by his deception in more ways than one. He begs for sympathy for those without access and yet uses deception to get our pity! A clear example of using and abusing the law to operate in a questionable manner, thus jeopardizing the law.

I was holding my opinion, but i had this guy pegged at moment one. Him and his buddy are young and sharing delusions of grandeur of opening dispensary's, and lord I hope they have a better lawyer than mister pre-law. And I fully support my too young statement, point made by his deception in more ways than one. He begs for sympathy for those without access and yet uses deception to get our pity! A clear example of using and abusing the law to operate in a questionable manner, thus jeopardizing the law.

Kudos to you for pegging this jackhole and having enough sack to call him out. I, too, thought his posts reeked of some punk who thought he knew everything because he's pre-law. Any good lawyer knows enough not to be so arrogant - yet the student knows all. Oh well, at least he appears to grow good weed and will have no trouble selling to his frat buddies until the campus police come 'round. :rolleyes:

What an incredible bias!!

It doesn't matter where it is or who is running it. You assume they are ripping off patients.

Well from my circle of friends and reported prices i know what I'm talking about maybe theres a few that are fair and provide cured ready medicine the findings so far for me have always been negative and the good story's few and very far between. :thumbsd:

Not to mention the continuing large quanity busts that the dispensaries keep getting caught up in making front page news making us all look like greedy criminals in the eyes of John Q Public. :notfair:

EVERYTHING is considered. As I stated, we hang the plants in whole form, taking only what is needed when. The plant number is 2/3 what is legal at the state level, and the hangers of course are counted toward the legal plant total. We only trim the major fans, and fine trim it once we take it off for transfer. Now that the Feds have begun targeting lesser amount grows, we have changed our tactics. Thankfully, the CG cards merely ask for the CGs address, not the location of the grow. I would never want to see a Fed court, as the entire MM issue cannot be brought up in any way. But, when you have patients stating you charge them nothing and even pay for medical expenses and such, it makes it easier for a jury to acquit even if the judge doesn't like it :P ( and it also makes one sound like the dumbest drug dealer in the country, giving it away! ). The juror is the final decider, on either the state or the federal level.

And as to the IRS, like I said if you file under "Home Health Care Worker" and have receipts from your patients for "Services Rendered", by the HIPPA act medical issues are private. Besides, "Services Rendered" could be anything; cleaning house, repairs, meals, bathing, etc. The accountant I am working with firmly believes it is a feasible option, as I did do that type of work in the past and filed in the same manner, and am still trained and current in that field. In fact, my wife is a CENA who works for Hospice, which I work with occasionally.

And I would like to address a topic/posting regarding my actions at the rally which was closed recently. Some numbers were thrown out that were waaaay out there, government style ( $400 hammers, anyone?? ). I charge $200 for a service transfer of one ounce, any strain, as does every other facility I work with. This is far from dispensary pricing. And I run one of 5 facilities, who are part of a conglomerate of 12 facilities and growing. When I say 150 seasonal workers are hired, I certainly don't use 150, I use 8-10!!!! Trimming takes a short time, as the plants are stored in whole form. And the average funeral costs about $5-6,000, not $15,000 as one person stated. A nice tombstone is about $4-700. A funeral plot ranges from $60 to $400. The entire conglomerate contributes to the cause monetarily, for the good of everyone; just one of us couldn't do what we do.

And just to let everyone know, I was the man holding the 2 megaphones up so the patients and other speakers could talk until the main sound system was accessed. And very few saw me give 64 patients medicine. If that's not discretion, I have no clue what it is.

Back at ya, TJ. It's time we got out of the shadows and stood our ground. We are right, the ballot says so and the polls DEFINITELY state it! I feel it's time to take the battle to the politicos; they're outnumbered and getting desperate with the foolish dog and pony shows they're pulling lately!

• 2 weeks later...

Define "dispensary" then show in the law where they are specifically prohibited.

In people vs Campbell the courts found the MMA to be a new right, thus it could not be applied retroactively. Then we have the O'Connel Harry Potter decision in Redden that says the MMA is an exemption, so the protection is extremely limited.

If it is a right, dispensaries must be outlawed. It it is an exemption dispensaries must be included to be legal.

Since the law, by law, must be liberally construed to protect patients, it should be considered a right. Hopefully the supreme court will see it as the right it is. All patients should hope that it is a right, because it will offer true protection then. If it is an exemption, many patients will be arrested.

I'm glad you folks all seem to have access to these awesome dispensary beating prices and meds.... free meds... free clones... awesome genetics. Most don't. I don't. I don't know anyone personally who does. It sucks that you don't seem to want people to have any option at all who aren't networked like you are. I'm turned off by this debate... and starting to be by this site in general.

x2.

It would be irresponsible to say "outdoor growing is clearly illegal." Or "Patients from other states are able to use their medicine in Michigan. They just can't bring any with them and can not acquire any while here."

The reason is it could cause those things to be true. If we all agree it is alright for them to limit us, they will.

I don't want to add restrictions to the law that don't exist there.

It may surprise you. But Bill Schuette told voters in 2008 that this law would legalize dispensaries.

He said something like "by not explicitly forbidding them you implicitly allow them."

So even Schuette understands that a voter initiative is supposed to be interpreted in a liberal manner (ie if it's not explicitly prohibited, it is legal).

I have a hard time grasping how some members here can't understand what an enemy of our law seems to understand perfectly well.

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Im going to go ahead and close this. We can bring this up for discussion at a later time, but the vote is split, and as Joe said, if half don't want dispensaries, we won't have them.

Thanks to all that voted.

Archived