New And Have A Question

I just became legal April 25th, when I went to the clinic and filled out my paper work with my caregiver, they told me that the application and other paper work would be my "card" until the real one came in the mail.....now, I am being told, I need some certified piece of mail to be legal, a green card or something, my care giver got one, but I did not not, now if I get pulled over and do not have that certified card, am I still considered legal? My caregiver says I am...the compassion club, who will not accept me without it, says I am not, I am SO confused!!

I just became legal April 25th, when I went to the clinic and filled out my paper work with my caregiver, they told me that the application and other paper work would be my "card" until the real one came in the mail.....now, I am being told, I need some certified piece of mail to be legal, a green card or something, my care giver got one, but I did not not, now if I get pulled over and do not have that certified card, am I still considered legal? My caregiver says I am...the compassion club, who will not accept me without it, says I am not, I am SO confused!!

I have never heard of this green card. You're legal as soon as your doctor signs your paperwork. It's not as solid as a MMA card though that's true. My dispensary won't take anyone without a plastic card, for instance. But if you get busted with 2.5 oz or less and you have your paper work you should be good. It's just harder to fake a card, is the reason. Just hold out for a few months and you'll be fine.

I have heard of some clubs following that guideline but no 21 days after your cashed check with your papers is all you need. As long as you have a copy of your cashed check or money order you are fine. The green paper is just your tracking receipt for sending your paperwork in as certified mail. There is no where in the law that states you have to send it in AS CERTIFIED MAIL. Peace, Afi

I am not sure which compassion club you are referring to but we had several people confused over this at our recent PRIVATE social.

Everyone is welcome to all of our public meetings. At public meetings we talk about current events and the law, we do demonstrations and give out grow advice. We talk about how different strains work differently, we teach people healthier alternatives to smoking such as vaporization, etc. We offer a safe place for like minded people to get together and network. No medicine is allowed at public meetings.

When we hold PRIVATE meetings or socials, we require certain things for entrance. If you do not have your actual state card yet, we will honor paper work after 21 days with proof that the check has been cashed. A copy of the original check or money order is not sufficient, we need proof its been cashed so we know you were not denied by the state. In some instances, we will allow entrance without proof of your check being cashed if you have the proof of mailing but we leave this at our discretion.

We do not like having to be so strict but we hold the security of our members in the highest regards. If the state would follow the law and have cards out in the mandated proper time, this would be a non issue.

the certified mail reciept shows a mailing to the MDCH, it has a date stamp - this should match up with the application dates.

This helps the affirmative defense section - not just the doctor's rec, but also an application to the MDCH was made and sent.

If you get arrested for helping a patient who presented false paperwork, you want to prove in court you did request as much documentation as reasonably possible.

The cashed check is important, as that shows the application was opened and considered 'recieved'. Count 21 days, and the MMMAct says - that is your 'card'.

The security issues for clubs or persons doing P2P is this - photocopies of the certified mail can be shared, applications can be printed in the parking lot to match the photocopied certified mail receipt. The actual reciept is printed in color, and in such a way so we can see its from the UPS.

The cashed check has to show the back of the check stamped by the MDCH, also date matching the application dates.

Without a cashed check and certified mail reciept - you could very well have bogus paperwork that was never mailed in to the MDCH.

With less supporting documentation - others take upon the risk of helping you.

We also use the same people to screen doctor's recs - we know the doctors in the area and how they write their recs - this also helps.

And of course, match the MDCH ID to a driver's license.

The MOCC does have a strict policy on paperwork and cards, expired cards, no proof of submission and cashed check, you likely will not get in to a PRIVATE cardholder event. I know some people that first come to our club feel like we make them jump through all these hoops, fill out questionire, and of course asked to strictly obey rules. It is a very friendly club, and better - its a club that takes security and safety seriously!

-DN

Welcome you have come to the right fourm!!...For your Protection you must have "COPIES"..Of All Your Paper Work!! ~ At All Times!! ~ "READ ~ "READ"...Thet includes Cargiver Agreement!!...nuf Said...Read And don't be shy "ASK"...Peace!!.... :thumbsu:

Archived