Do Mods Reed Private Messages?

the site has an automatic profanity filter, if you type ship with a T instead of a P, it automatically changes it to bunny muffin (funny term for shi t). it does this will all profanity, inlcuding the word Dam with a N at the end. it changes it to darn (darn).

i trust your Private messages are NOT being read, or tampered with here, unlike they are on RIU.

Guest thequietone

The only time PM's are checked is when we get a complaint from a member that they are being harassed by another member through PM's. We then go in and check the PM's to verify that there is a problem before we take any action. They are in no way monitored by any staff and I suspect it is the word filter that is changing the cuss words.

Only the admins have access to see the PM's.

I doubt they could read every PM anyway, it'd be impossible. Whoever picked "bunny muffin" for a cuss filter, all I can say is "LOL". Can you imagine being a mod and having to read every private message? There'd be no time for anything else. I'm glad there is a way to look into any possible harassing messages. The mods do a good job here. :thumbsu: One way to look at the situation is, we have to be creative in how we cuss, it's kinda fun!

Sb :)

Guest OxXGarfieldXxO

Every site someone has the ability to read PM's. May not be all nice and neat like the MMMA's PM Viewer, but it's always saved in a data base obviously. Sb's correct. Reading all the PM's would be a colossal waste of time. Far as I knew it was only used when a user reported a problem....Not to spy. But remember "all" sites have the ability to look in on "private" messages even if they have to go through the DB to do it.

JMO

Every site someone has the ability to read PM's. May not be all nice and neat like the MMMA's PM Viewer, but it's always saved in a data base obviously. Sb's correct. Reading all the PM's would be a colossal waste of time. Far as I knew it was only used when a user reported a problem....Not to spy. But remember "all" sites have the ability to look in on "private" messages even if they have to go through the DB to do it.

JMO

QFT, except i would replace JMO with JTF (just the facts)

Archived