Moving To California For The Summer... Quite A Few Questions

My grandma is deciding on her home hospice care and I plan on leaving for California next weekend to make sure she is as comfortable as possible (I was a hospice care tech once upon a time and a decade of nursing assistant experience under my belt).

Back to the topic:

I just returned from a two week visit to California and was too anxious to ask anyone in public. The first night I had to take my pain meds and muscle relaxers just to sleep, pills that I haven't had to touch in almost 6 months. The rest of the trip I was either goggy, dispondant, or sleeping. Grandma didn't mind since she was the same way.

If I am going out there for a few months, I am going to need a California MJ card, even if temporary. This is my plan (feel free to advise):

1. I will be having internet and cable installed under my name (for utility bill - residency purposes).

2. I would like to obtain a CA identification card, not a CA drivers license since that would effect my college tuition. Is this possible?

3. I will be purchasing a vehicle the next day to drive around (a bad little 4 banger I'm guessing)

4. I just had my renewal certification completed by my doctor. A doctor in Hollywood renews any doctors renewal recommendation. I called and verified it was correct.

Am I missing anything?

Thank you.

Have a wonderful Memorial Day!! :thumbsu:

I am not a CA patient, but I know someone who is. Out there you don't even have to register, just get a doctor recommendation and that is your card. you can get a state card I believe, but it is unneccessary.

Good luck out there. MJ has always been much better tolerated. They were the first, and are currently trying to decriminalize it. Failed first attempt, but I bet they will get it pretty soon.

Cedar

My grandma is deciding on her home hospice care and I plan on leaving for California next weekend to make sure she is as comfortable as possible (I was a hospice care tech once upon a time and a decade of nursing assistant experience under my belt).

Back to the topic:

I just returned from a two week visit to California and was too anxious to ask anyone in public. The first night I had to take my pain meds and muscle relaxers just to sleep, pills that I haven't had to touch in almost 6 months. The rest of the trip I was either goggy, dispondant, or sleeping. Grandma didn't mind since she was the same way.

If I am going out there for a few months, I am going to need a California MJ card, even if temporary. This is my plan (feel free to advise):

1. I will be having internet and cable installed under my name (for utility bill - residency purposes).

2. I would like to obtain a CA identification card, not a CA drivers license since that would effect my college tuition. Is this possible?

3. I will be purchasing a vehicle the next day to drive around (a bad little 4 banger I'm guessing)

4. I just had my renewal certification completed by my doctor. A doctor in Hollywood renews any doctors renewal recommendation. I called and verified it was correct.

Am I missing anything?

Thank you.

Have a wonderful Memorial Day!! :thumbsu:

Which part are you going to? I have a very good friend who is a patient in the San Fransisco area. She loves it out there.