I have a 9x12x7 size room with 2 1000w xxxl magnum 8" hoods and a 10" fan with 790 cfm for the exhaust and for my intake there is a 8" 747 cfm for fresh air my question is should i bring air from outside or just another room my intake fan is in the same room as my furnace and hot water tank and im not to sure if that i will suck to much air from them

Outside air nearly always contains higher Co2 levels than in house

I would be inclined to use induced outside air in the op's case with a screened draw

Not sure about the hepa filter?

Please, use caution in gas appliance areas, as the changes in pressure can cause carbon monoxide issues

I personally noticed that the Hepa filters work great for scrubbing the air but dramatically decrease the air flow and cause a negative backpressure in your duct run which 'could' be an issue in certain situations.

I went to one of the DIY stores, hit up the paint section and picked up some of the cheesecloth style 5 gallon paint screens (NOT the 'V' paper cone ones) and just cover the intake openings with the screens and change them out once/month.

When you say, you're ventalation is pulling from the same 'area' where the hot water tank is....

A) Are you saying the tank is located in another small enclosed room where pressure changes would effect the carbon monoxide flow up the pipe

or

B) Are you pulling air from a much larger open area where the hot water tank happens to be located but fresh air has a path into that area from other large ambient air locations, where doors havent enclosed the tank in its own specific room?

If you're location is more like (B) then you can probably pull intake ventalation from that area since it is NOT in its own enclosed room and continuous fresh air can cycle into that same area as air is taken out of it into your grow. In that case there would not be a negative pressure in the same room as your hot water tank, thus there would not be any draw to pull the carbon monoxide back down from its exhaust duct.

Additionally when you vent in ambient air in the summer from outside, on certain days you could be pulling in extrememly hot and 100% humid air. By extracting intake air from another ambient location 'inside' (where there is good airflow), especially from a basement that has a deheuy running, you will be pulling in fairly cool, conditioned fresh air. I have an intake fan that pulls in from outside and one that pulls in from ambient inside air (you can see in my logistics gallery the top intake duct in the pic pulls from ambient inside atmosphere from a very large open area). Depending on the season I run one or the other or both sometimes. Venting in outside air in the winter will help you to not have to use an A/C and the CO2 levels are higher in the winter, with most or almost all of the CO2 using foliage dormant for the season, as opposed to summer where the levels are at thier lowest with all the vegetation using much more CO2.

The room that the hot water tank is in is pretty large 13 x 20 a laundry room but if i dont pull from that room i should be good pulling from across the basement about 30 feet away? I will pull from outside on cooler months but summer just seems not be a good idea with the heat and humidity.

do you run your lights at night? my 12/12 light comes on at 9pm because the air outside is cooler at night thus keeping my light from heating up as much. im going to be doing some ventilation work on my system also in the near future, i plant to bring in fresh air for my light then exaust it all right back out my roof vent in the barn. i believe this'll keep temps from climbing in my barn and keep my room 2-5degrees cooler

Archived