Patients :(

tooldini

Guest Happy Guy

and FURTHERMORE...

REGULAR Business model

wholesaler sells to distributor-retailer buys from distributor or from wholesaler everyone along the way adds "Their Cost" for handling item

STANDARD RETAIL MARKUP on GOODS ranges from 100% to 300% gross markup this is not NET profits after costs

i have worked within MGMT and within the Business world long enough to know these truths-

what is the prevailing wage for a FARMER?????????????

sometimes they corner the market and make a killing

sometimes they make a little

sometimes they they just break even

and

sometimes they lose the farm taking a loss and getting wiped out-ONLY BIG AGRICULTURE CAN GUARANTEE 5% growth y.o.y.

BIG AG RAPES YOU to make sure they stay afloat in bad times or a calamity happens like Locusts

with all this being said

we should be paying nothing for meds or $1000 an ounce... who is to decide?????????????

i could get 36 lbs out of 12 plants... do i? NO

like i said

IF YOU FOLLOW THE INTENT AND GUIDELINES OF THE 2008 MMMA you wont get rich...none of us are...but we are fairly happy for today

Never nothing.... your time is always worth something. Or you shouldn't be doing it. Now charity, that is something else entirely. I'm very happy growing for next to nothing. :thumbsu:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never nothing.... your time is always worth something. Or you shouldn't be doing it. Now charity, that is something else entirely. I'm very happy growing for next to nothing. :thumbsu:

US TOO :)

shoot when being a contractor i have seen guys go out of business from bidding wrong or at least working for free-comes with the territory

remodeling sweat equity you might get back when you resell

we dont mind cheap meds for all who are legal :)

No, Dr. Bob, I have allowed my facility to be inspected by LEO 3 times now; once when I built the first one, 2 more times as I expanded it. A Circuit court judge even examined it per my lawyers request ( via video ), and an MSP captain along with a detective and 2 deputies were there for the second inspection. They found me to exceed the law requirements by a long shot. For the third inspection they sent one county deputy, who was here for all of 10 minutes. Now that this federal thing has reared its ugly head I will make certain that I do not exceed 48 plants per address, and have informed my fellow CGs about this as well. I have no issues with local LEO, SSCENT, TNT, none of them. My greenhouse is visible from 2 roads. It's funny to see the looky loos stopping on the road to see it.

And I store my plants in a climate controlled room built specifically to maintain a temperature of 45 degrees and humidity at 50%; so yes, it's a walk in humidor. It actually costs more to run in the winter as the cold steals away the humidity so quickly. They are also wrapped in Tyvek to slow the degradation process even further. A lot of planning went into this, and I am lucky to have found a number of experienced growers to work with and brainstorm how to do this right while maintaining legality.

No, Dr. Bob, I have allowed my facility to be inspected by LEO 3 times now; once when I built the first one, 2 more times as I expanded it. A Circuit court judge even examined it per my lawyers request ( via video ), and an MSP captain along with a detective and 2 deputies were there for the second inspection. They found me to exceed the law requirements by a long shot. For the third inspection they sent one county deputy, who was here for all of 10 minutes. Now that this federal thing has reared its ugly head I will make certain that I do not exceed 48 plants per address, and have informed my fellow CGs about this as well. I have no issues with local LEO, SSCENT, TNT, none of them. My greenhouse is visible from 2 roads. It's funny to see the looky loos stopping on the road to see it.

And I store my plants in a climate controlled room built specifically to maintain a temperature of 45 degrees and humidity at 50%; so yes, it's a walk in humidor. It actually costs more to run in the winter as the cold steals away the humidity so quickly. They are also wrapped in Tyvek to slow the degradation process even further. A lot of planning went into this, and I am lucky to have found a number of experienced growers to work with and brainstorm how to do this right while maintaining legality.

That is just too cool. I have a buddy with an outdoor grow, same deal. They like to fly over and calibrate the sensors and train observers. Just make it a point to follow the law and this can work. Eric wrote a great guest editorial on the fact that if folks would just take a step back and let this whole idea of the MMMA work, it would.

Dr. Bob

I will be posting pictures of my upgraded facility and the storage unit as I can. It's the last day of school ( yippee! :P ), so I don't have free daycare from 8:00 to 4:30. It's all good; I have a patient who runs a child care and loves my daughter and she can help her take care of the toddlers. The barter system is alive and well in this economy! And I have other GCCA members I am helping with building and upgrading their facilities as well. All of the facilities are roughly the same set-up. The storage units cost more than the greenhouses.

I just wonder what the powers that be will attempt next. The 48 plant thing is OK to work with, but what's next??? I think they're really trying to hammer at the indoor grows, because they outnumber outdoors at least 20 to 1, and working with smaller numbers inside is a lot rougher. I feel bad for the indoor CGs; I'm darn glad I have a farm on 80 acres in the sticks :)! And yes, I mean a moo cow oink pig chicken and vegetable farm, not just my facility.

Guest Happy Guy

I will be posting pictures of my upgraded facility and the storage unit as I can. It's the last day of school ( yippee! :P ), so I don't have free daycare from 8:00 to 4:30. It's all good; I have a patient who runs a child care and loves my daughter and she can help her take care of the toddlers. The barter system is alive and well in this economy! And I have other GCCA members I am helping with building and upgrading their facilities as well. All of the facilities are roughly the same set-up. The storage units cost more than the greenhouses.

I just wonder what the powers that be will attempt next. The 48 plant thing is OK to work with, but what's next??? I think they're really trying to hammer at the indoor grows, because they outnumber outdoors at least 20 to 1, and working with smaller numbers inside is a lot rougher. I feel bad for the indoor CGs; I'm darn glad I have a farm on 80 acres in the sticks :)! And yes, I mean a moo cow oink pig chicken and vegetable farm, not just my facility.

??? Don't feel bad for us legal indoor growers. We are the most conservative legal model there is. You couldn't get a fenced-in outdoor grow to finish in this county anyway. Not because of LEO either. Build it and they will come. Wire cutters will make a hole in seconds. You will have thieves coming from other states to take you down. Especially when you advertise where it is on the internet. Good luck with that. Outdoor grows depend on stealth. You threw that out the window with 'secure'. The turtle indoor grower will do better in the long run. It ain't easy but it is safe and secure.

--------------------the patients own the plants not the CG

caregiver is allowed to possess the plants and tend to the plants for the patient- WHERE IN THE MMMA2008 DOES IT STATE OTHERWISE?

WHERE IN THE MMMA2008 DOES IT STATE THE PATIENT OWNS THE PLANTS?

Actaully, can you point to me where in the Act it says the patient owns the plants? I have read and re-read that and can't find anywhere that it mentions ownership at all. I also believe that was purposeful, as who owns the plants can get held federally as a criminal. If no one owns them, then it is up in the air.

The Act does not say who owns them, so that is a negotiation between PT and CG. If a PT wants to buy seeds, wait for them to grow, and only pay for my time and expenses which I could list out, I have no problem handing over the whole harvest, as they would own the plants and everything they produce.

If they want instant access, supplied by my other pt's overages, they want my strains, etc, then I would own the plants.

I am not getting rich. I pay my expenses and have a little extra cash each month for my efforts. I have NOT been able to buy a new car, add on to my house, get a boat, or anything. I have had a couple nice dinners out and can afford a steak once in a while to grill outside. So, watch out with the theives comments ok? I do not steal from my PT's, my prices are lower than what most people think is the market, and it is reliable and fair.

most grows I have seen, at best the plants will get about 2 ounces dried weight each. Many new growers are lucky to get that good in their first year.

You also assume people grow their full plant count at a time, most will have a mother plant or two, vegging plants, and then plants in flower. So most people flower less than their plant count. Those that try to overgrow, overcrowd - will yield substandard meds.

Many patients do not use more than 2 ounces a month.

Growers focus on quality rather than quanity.

-DN

most grows I have seen, at best the plants will get about 2 ounces dried weight each. Many new growers are lucky to get that good in their first year.

You also assume people grow their full plant count at a time, most will have a mother plant or two, vegging plants, and then plants in flower. So most people flower less than their plant count. Those that try to overgrow, overcrowd - will yield substandard meds.

Many patients do not use more than 2 ounces a month.

Growers focus on quality rather than quanity.

-DN

Yep, I average 2oz's usable per plant and I'm running 4 in various stages of flower, 4 in various stages of vegging and can maintain an adequate supply of medication. I use 28-35 grams a month and can produce enough so I have meds available at all times with-out worry and learned to do this through the help of the community (DN,ZAP) and the grow forums.

After I purchase a vape I'll be better off yet when it comes to maintaining an adequate supply. A friend let me try his whip for a month at I was able to use as little as 3/10 gram per vape and get good break through pain relief. Usually I dose with a one gram roll up and 75% of the time that one will last me through the day but some day s its two or more.

And that is just another plus when it comes to using cannabis as medication for break through pain relief.

When I was still taking the opiates and had the rough days I never took more than prescribed because I knew the potential of a lethal over-dose. But with cannabis, I can pretty much use as much as needed to get pain relief and only have to worry about finding a soft spot for falling alseep pain free in.

Dave knows what he said, but it wasn't appropriate... so all you get is a :growl:

Who are you referring to Dave? Cause the person saying CG's should be growing for people who aren't their PT's is a PT, not a CG... So it's the PT's saying that, the CG's are saying no, we don't do that....

So the PT's are the "GREEDY BASTERDS" according to you. Which that makes you a "GREEDY BASTERD" doesn't it? Need to work on your self esteem there buddy.

Also, gotta keep in mind that most of us CG's are legitimate PT's as well. So, asking if I want to trade with any patients on here? I already have. I have a permanent 35% disability and constant pain 24/7... i know it isn't as bad as lots of people on here, but it sure qualifies me to be a patient.

Well just wait, if they take away CG's and let Pharmacies dispense it, good luck because it is going to be 3x spike in price, and they probably won't give you any options, you have indica and sativa as choices. The CG/PT system is keeping the price low for YOU. And just because a pharmacy dispenses it, doesn't mean insurance will pay for it if you have it...

I am a patient and also soon to be caregiver so I understand both sides. I never expected 1oz or anything for free. It just does not make sense. The only defense patients have is that caregivers can make money selling other ways and to other patients. The same goes for any store. SO from now on I want 1lb of my favorite Honey Ham for free cause the store sells to others and makes money. See how goofy that sounds :D I am compasionate but it just doesn't make sense to expect it for free. Hoping to get it free or asking for some since you don't have money or whatever reason is fine and I would for sure give it up, but expecting and demanding is just crazy.

So if the patient wants 1 oz out of everything that was harvested that makes the patient greedy? And congratulations Cedar your entire post makes no sense. Its funny I see on here all the time if you agree and go along with the way the mmma thinks you are ok. But if you don't go with the flow you get edited I called the greedy basterd that want to keep all the meds and overcharge the patient a greedy basterd and got edited . But the resl greedy basterd didnt get edited. In my opinion about 10% of the CGs on here are truly compasionate the rest are mostly hoods and drug dealers. Remember without the patient nobody OWNS the plant. out of here.

And honestly I assumed your deleted thread was aimed at me, as More Cowbell was doing. Maybe if you had replied to a post to give your post some context it would have been more clear.

Yep you caught me. I am greedy. Thats why all my pts hate me and want to find someone else. Guess I should go end it all cause I am so hated.

Guest Happy Guy

Some patients are asking caregivers to offset their costs by doing something, transfering to patients not registered to them, that has put some people in court. They shouldn't ask them to do that so they can get their cannabis for free. Rather, a patient should appreciate a small charge so their source is protected and not in court with their grow rights removed. That's my opinion as a patient and caregiver. Call it a greedy caregiver, I call it a smart caregiver that does actually care more about the patient than a caregiver transfering willy nilly and handing out free meds.

• 2 months later...

Well it finally may be happening because of all the patients demanding free meds because caregivers can sell to OTHERS and dispensaries. It caused mass chaos and I think that contributed to this decision to make dispensaries and P2P illegal.

Not true will drive donations that much higher

Your right Kevin but I'm just kinda letting the people demanding free that they were not helping and contributed big time to this decision. Doesn't affect me much although I did go to a dispense on occasion. I was wanting to become a caregiver and I guess this may be a better time to get some people to help and are willing to help me as a caregive also. Not sure who is more greedy the caregivers asking crazy prices or the patients demanding it FREE LOL

Some patients are asking caregivers to offset their costs by doing something, transfering to patients not registered to them, that has put some people in court. They shouldn't ask them to do that so they can get their cannabis for free. Rather, a patient should appreciate a small charge so their source is protected and not in court with their grow rights removed. That's my opinion as a patient and caregiver. Call it a greedy caregiver, I call it a smart caregiver that does actually care more about the patient than a caregiver transfering willy nilly and handing out free meds.

:goodjob::thumbsu::thumbsu: thanks

Archived