The Water Curing Method

After all the posts, I'm surprised to see no one mentioned freeze drying.

Ever notice how a piece of fruit in your fridge will start to dehydrate, well you can freezer dry you meds too. It takes longer and I've only done it with trim, but left open initially then burped for a few hours daily, you will finish with dry cured meds in about 3 weeks.

I imagine with actual meds you would want to be cautious with the freezing temps and not to move things around too much as to not bump off any trichs but the freezer will dry your meds also. I've had a couple bud pieces in my trim bag in the freezer and in about 3 weeks they come out cool to the touch (since there is no more moisture in them they are no longer rock solid and 'frozen') and dry as a bone.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My problem with the water cure method is that there are water soluble elements, including cannabinoids, in the buds that are helpful medicines. So, you spend all of that time growing and nuturing your plants to then wash away some of the medicinal qualities. Not for me. It may take a bit longer to air cure, but that is well worth the wait in my opinion.

Water curing doesn't change how much THC and other cannabinoids are there. you can't add THC by sticking them in cold dark water for a week. It may seem stronger because of no taste you are able to take bigger hits, but you can't add potency by water cure.

yes you can try to wrap your head around this-like adding water to ones beer or cocktail

THC LEVELS/RATIO to PLANT MATTER-you get rid of plant matter without getting rid of THC/Trichs when doing a water cure= MORE POTENT BUD :thumbsu:

Everything you say is wrong, wait,i forget you're not getting it... Everything you say is STUPID. Why waste our time asking questions when you just whine that "it's too hard" or "that's too much work" and "i don't have the time for that".

Don't ask caring, dedicated, aficionados to tell you how to **** up, you are the expert on that subject.

wow little harsh there he is trying to learn and now he has peeked my interest i am flowering a plant right now that is destined for butter. Now seeing i have harvested few plants but read much. Cure even changes the effect and potency. The first

Butter i made was from fresh trim from a super heavy indica the medables I have made with them are super laid back body stone. Was hoping for a bit more of the sativa to come through. This time I plan on using the trim bud both. Interesting. But lets play nice please don't harsh my current mellow.

New phone spell check.

I get the idea that it's easier because all I have to do is soak it in water for seven days. change the water once a day. then after a week pull it out let it dry and it's done. that seems a lot less complicated to me, and a lot less time consuming, than a long dry cure. from my perspective as a new person, it seems that there is no set in stone dry cure method. a dry cure can take a month up to three months, and everyone seems to have their own method that they think is best. so...it seems to be more of an art and not a science since there is no set procedure. the art of curing comes with experience I would imagine. something I do not have. and since I could care less about if the end product doesn't "look pretty" or taste like marijuana typically does, the water cure method has some appeal for me. in no way am I defending the method, I'm just explaining my interest.

I'd like to add that I've smoked recreationally for 15 years now. of course i appreciate the taste and smell of quality buds, but if I'm using it as medicine in a legitimate manner I don't care if it tastes like donkeybutt, as long as it WORKS.

anyways more opinions, let's hear it!

the taste is part of the pleasure,if you gotta change the water once a day for 7 days sounds like work to me,when all you REALLY have to do is out it in glass jars,burp once a day,to me you cant get any easier than that.Use discernment when you read,as someone said there is alot of chit out there,which IMO is BS info.

You can drink the water instead of dumping it out, it tastes like mint tea the first 2-3days.

Water cure is great for making medibles! You don't have to mask the taste and can use less oil/butter (for those with high cholesterol)to achieve desired effects.

A few other benefits

Water cure actually dries faster and weighs less

Apartment doesn't reek while drying

No way soaking wet meds could be considered usable

Can smoke w/o raising suspicion

Archived