Paranoia!

Hi, I found a good and discrete CG and obtained my first meds yesterday. I don't have the actual card yet but my check was cashed a month ago and I have all the paperwork. Here is the thing:

I am scared to death!! I live in Ann Arbor, but worry I will suddenly be engulfed by city or county OLE. I am a senior and live way out in the woods and have numerous illnesses including MS. I'm scared something could happen and I will be in trouble. I hear about people being arrested and put in jail. Why? Are they acting outside the law?

How can I calm my fears down? I am too sick to be in jail.

thanks!

You will be fine don't worry the cops will not be looking for you. Those people you hear of were either grossly neglecting the law or illegal in some way wether just a little or a lot. You will be fine just read the law and never have over 2.5oz on you at one time.

Almost all of the cases I hear about are that the person is growing and not in compliance somehow. They aren't going to bother you for a couple oz and no grow.

As long as you are under the 2.5 oz, like Tooldini said, you're fine :)

Also, Ann Arbor seems to be fairly openminded.

Here's a thought, if you are seriously worried about it. Go find a police officer, and tell him you are a legal patient with all of the paperwork, you do no grow yourself, and you want to calm your fears about carrying less than 2.5 oz and using it inside your home. Ask if there is any problem with that. (I would even have it on me when I did it, however you may not want to). Seriously you will be SOOO relieved when you are through it.

I live next to a LEO, and my wife constantly has paraphrenalia sitting around on the table. It has never been a problem.

Cedar

I wish that I could tell you that everything is going to be all right RedHead. I worry about the same thing. The one thing that keeps me from doing anything rash is the fact that we are not breaking any law. We all are legal people doing what is our right to do. These are scary and strange times we are living in.

The guy who heads up our local Compassion Club has a real good head on his shoulders; when we first met he told us the ends and outs of what was going on with Medical Marijuana and then handed me a card with my Miranda Rights on it. I, at first, was confused; I thought to myself, I have never been in trouble with the law before why would I need this? Now I see, since joining this site, that things aren't as easy as I thought they would be.

I am keeping up to date on the laws regarding MM and the politicians and their nonsense. Am I willing to go to jail over Medical Marijuana? That is the question of the year? Yeah, I think so. Not so much MM, but the right to have MM. The "right is mine by law", that is all that matters.

Skipper

Thanks everyone! My instinct was that some people are pushing the envelope in one way or the other so it helps to have that confirmed.

I might call the police here, I know they are liberal. My family thinks I'm nuts for being afraid:-)

Skipper, we just need to be careful to only have the right amount and be very discrete. We need to stick together! :D

thanks, Red

Absolutely do not call the police. They are the enemy and no good can come of it. If you want to be put on their radar then by all means give 'em a shout.

If you're not even growing then you have almost nothing to worry about. Don't take chances or push your luck though. Never leave your medicine out in the open, like on the counter or a coffee table. At night put it away in a cabinet or drawer at the very least. Don't smoke a joint in the car and then drive. Don't smoke in public, etc. Just be smart and you'll be a-ok.

See, that's more paranoia. I talk to LEO with meds on my person all the time. I leave water pipes on the table in my kitchen and jars of curing meds on my counter, and my neighbor is a LEO. I don't recommend this for everyone, but talking to local law enforcement can be a really good thing. I support not having anything on you when you do talk to them, but they mostly are not the enemy, especially in Ann Arbor.

Archived