Lupis Questions

My aunt has been battling Lupis for years now. She refuses to take opiate pain killers for treatment of flare-ups. As she is now getting older the flare-ups are more frequent and are getting worse. She has been using cannabis for years, mostly on a recreational basis. Like many of us she found out through recreational use that it really helped her pain. She lives in Florida but does own a home here in Michigan as well. She will be comming up this weekend and she is in a lot of pain. She has tried a few medical samples but they are mostly too couch-lock (they make her too sleepy) for her to handle.

A few questions

1: I know that there are strains out there that are high in CBDs but low in THC, what are they?

2: Lupis does qualify her for MM under Michigan law right?

3: Can she get a card here in MI? She does own the home she visits here. I would at least like for her to be comfortable while she is in this state.

4: How much relief can she expect from cannabis use alone?

Thanks guys, my aunt is one of the sweetest ladies I have ever known. I pains me to see her suffering.

My aunt has been battling Lupis for years now. She refuses to take opiate pain killers for treatment of flare-ups. As she is now getting older the flare-ups are more frequent and are getting worse. She has been using cannabis for years, mostly on a recreational basis. Like many of us she found out through recreational use that it really helped her pain. She lives in Florida but does own a home here in Michigan as well. She will be comming up this weekend and she is in a lot of pain. She has tried a few medical samples but they are mostly too couch-lock (they make her too sleepy) for her to handle.

A few questions

1: I know that there are strains out there that are high in CBDs but low in THC, what are they?

2: Lupis does qualify her for MM under Michigan law right?

3: Can she get a card here in MI? She does own the home she visits here. I would at least like for her to be comfortable while she is in this state.

4: How much relief can she expect from cannabis use alone?

Thanks guys, my aunt is one of the sweetest ladies I have ever known. I pains me to see her suffering.

I too suffer from Lupus, what has worked the best for me is tincture, I no longer take any pain or anti-inflammatory drugs since I started using tincture twice a day for the past 2 yrs, my flare ups are far and few between now and I couldn't be happier, also Lupus is a qualifying condition due to severe joint pain, I hope your aunt can find relief also.

Bubba kush is a high CBD, low THC strain. Plus very enjoyable, but hard to come by.

Funny you should say that. That's what I wound up finding for her (Pre-98 Bubba Kush). She loved it. Now I just need to get her and my uncle to sell their house in humid, hot, hurricane Florida, and move back to the awesome-ness that is Michigan on a permanent basis. (Not going to happen).

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys

I am new to this site and the industry.

I also have Lupus which really sucks and is a qualifying disease for the MMMP.

I have a lot of pain, trouble sleeping and also no energy so I light to use Stativa and Indica strains. I have never heard of or tried Bubba Kush so I would like to and if any one would like to recommend any thing else to try? Or where to get them? I am not aware of many dispensaries/ clubs in my area. I am in the Detroit/Southfield/Warren/Sterling Heights/Roseville area (lol) Seems like finding good clones is a challenge.

I took a growing class in Southfield and getting ready to start my own garden.

ANy feed back would be great.

DD

Well there are a few types of Bubba Kush from what I have seen. But I am no expert. I have tried the pre-98 Bubba Kush and have tried another variation. Both were fantastic.

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/33018-tarzans-bubba-kush-gets-tested/page__p__313273__hl__%2Bbubba+%2Bkush__fromsearch__1#entry313273

I am guessing that the pre-98 Bubba is the one with the high CBN and CBDs?

Archived