Questions Regarding Using Paperwork Copies Prior To Card Arrival

ssavan01

I understand the issue with patient cards being backed up several months and that our paperwork and check images can suffice. I have submitted the proper paperwork for my patient card as well as paperwork for me to be the caregiver for two other patients I know.

My question in regarding the paperwork for me being their caregiver. I forgot to make copies of the "Caregiver Attestation" form I sent in for the two patients. How do you go about being able to carry 2.5oz for each patient legally prior to recieving your patient card? Is it only the caregiver attestation form that serves as legal proof? What options do I have? Thanks!

Mr.Komorn from planet greentrees was telling a guy just the other night that there is a form you can send to mdch/lara to get copies of your application.I dont know what the forms are or where to get them hopefully someone can tell you.Just have your patients do that and then You will have them as proof.I'm sure it will be quicker than waiting on the card. lol

The caregiver attestation only has our printed names and my signature. Couldn't I just refill it out and get my patient to get her doctor's approval form copy (he keeps copies at his office)?

By the way, is there a long wait for caregiver cards also?

I'd just fill out a new form (with identical info, date, etc) and run a copy of it, nobody would ever know the difference.

It took me six months to get my card, but I noticed that a bunch of people who sent in their paperwork within a several month time frame all got their card at the same time as me last month. They must have been backed up at the printers or something. Maybe things will pick up a little soon.

Archived