Wife Lost Her Job

Well I don`t know if there is anything we can do but my wife just got fired for failing a random drug screen they just decided to start doing. She is actually not fired yet but when they made her go today she told them she is a mmj patient and has card and they said it didn`t matter they had a no tolerance drug rule so they suspended her until the results come back. She is obviously going to fail. So is there anything that can be done?

I am out of work as well and I have no Idea what we are going to do. I know... It`s like this all over Mi. and a lot of you feel my pain. We have been fighting to keep our home for the last 2 years. We just got our mortgage refinanced through Obama`s making homes affordable plan this month and now this happens. If we lose are home before we find work we will be forced to move to some other state where we can find work. That is something I don`t want to do. We love MI. and all our friends and family live here. I am assuming there is not much we can do but if anyone has any advice or can help please let me know.

Peace, Afi

I already am but I haven`t been really making enough to completely support us. I thought about it and I guess that is my only option. All of my patients but 1 are poor and I have been kinda scared to start transferring to strangers. It`s not fair that we can`t use our medicine and work regular jobs. My wife's back got hurt there years ago and that is why she is a patient. This is something that seriously needs to be addressed in the law. If they don`t want us to make money doing this than need to let us have regular jobs. Peace, Afi

Well I don`t know if there is anything we can do but my wife just got fired for failing a random drug screen they just decided to start doing. She is actually not fired yet but when they made her go today she told them she is a mmj patient and has card and they said it didn`t matter they had a no tolerance drug rule so they suspended her until the results come back. She is obviously going to fail. So is there anything that can be done?

I am out of work as well and I have no Idea what we are going to do. I know... It`s like this all over Mi. and a lot of you feel my pain. We have been fighting to keep our home for the last 2 years. We just got our mortgage refinanced through Obama`s making homes affordable plan this month and now this happens. If we lose are home before we find work we will be forced to move to some other state where we can find work. That is something I don`t want to do. We love MI. and all our friends and family live here. I am assuming there is not much we can do but if anyone has any advice or can help please let me know.

Peace, Afi

Yeah I have to step things up now for sure. I don`t have any problems with yields I just need to find some patients with some money. I have just been afraid to step out of my circle if you know what I mean.

I don`t brag about my compassion but I have given away more meds than I have ever been compensated for and my patients feel guilty about it because they are close friends. It doesn`t help though that I have had two crops in the last 4 months get all messed up from power outages and temp swings. Anyone looking for a good caregiver let me know my wife suddenly has openings.LOL I have actually been using a lot of my plant count on males for breeding. I guess I will have to scrap that idea for now. Peace, Afi

I am sorry to hear about this man. It's complete crap that someone can pass fail employment drug screen when using doctor recommended, state certified medicine.

I'm sure if she had doctor prescribed Vicodin instead of MMJ there would have been no problem right?

I wish there was something I could do to help.

I already am but I haven`t been really making enough to completely support us. I thought about it and I guess that is my only option. All of my patients but 1 are poor and I have been kinda scared to start transferring to strangers. It`s not fair that we can`t use our medicine and work regular jobs. My wife's back got hurt there years ago and that is why she is a patient. This is something that seriously needs to be addressed in the law. If they don`t want us to make money doing this than need to let us have regular jobs. Peace, Afi

Sorry to hear this brother. :notfair:

I'm with you on the p2p with strangers bro before i became legal i lived by 1 rule never work with unknown people if someone was unverified by someone in my trusted circle they never got within 10 feet of me but now i do get out and meet new people so far its been very nice and safe just make sure you get the legality's out of the way (cards id etc)first. :sword:

I appreciate the kindness everyone. I know there isn`t much anyone can do. I am just pisssed off and ranting. I have meet a ton of nice people on here and I consider this place like family except nicer LOL.

I am sure we will be ok. I will be even more active in the community now, They pisssed off the wrong guy!

This really SUCKS, Afi!

I would do what is suggested above. Get that Marinol script. Whatever you gotta do to get it, I'd try my best. It most likely will make the difference as to whether she keeps her job or not.

Try the doctor that did your recommendation.

If that's not possible, try a different doctor. I'm sure someone will show compassion with your situation. Your wife's job and family income is on the line.

Get moving on that Marinol script.

Yeah I will be calling the Dr. Monday but I heard it is pretty hard to get a Dr. to prescribe it but you never know. If anyone knows of a Dr. that has prescribed it please let me know. Peace, Afi

sorry to hear that afi, I have been out of work for a while now and it does suck but you do what you can do to get by, hard for me to get work because of my crazy school schedule. I hope to still see you at the BBQ, Im looking forward to your "signiture" smoke. Ill take some of that off of your hands if you can spare some

sorry to hear that afi, I have been out of work for a while now and it does suck but you do what you can do to get by, hard for me to get work because of my crazy school schedule. I hope to still see you at the BBQ, Im looking forward to your "signiture" smoke. Ill take some of that off of your hands if you can spare some

Don`t worry I will be there. I planned on bringing extra but I planned on just sharing it with everyone but don`t worry I got ya. Peace, Afi

Yeah I will be calling the Dr. Monday but I heard it is pretty hard to get a Dr. to prescribe it but you never know. If anyone knows of a Dr. that has prescribed it please let me know. Peace, Afi

From what I've read it does seem difficult to get that Marinol script.

I would just be super honest. Tell them the situation. Heck, tell them you're not even going to fill the script if you have to.

I think the prescription should be enough. How are they to know if this is a refill or not?

By adding that you won't even fill the script, it may ease their mind. I'm sure they worry about being scrutinized.

I am sorry man that sucks Donkey. I hear it is hard to get marinol also but it is worth a try and I am considering it myself. I got luck with my job and have not had to test even to start. I was told I will not have to test once I go full time(waiting for someone to retire LOL ) They will just move me in. Most schools hire sub custodians it may not pay alot but the work is easy and if you plug away at it you will eventually get full time and usually the pay is $15.00+Hr sub pay probably 9+hr not a ton but pretty good were I live. they just hired more in Monroe schools and I know Whiteford agricultural needs subs. They also needs mechanics around here in the schools. You may wanna start moving some product thru dispensaries and/or P2P probably not what you want to do but you need money to survive. I like dispensaries just don't like the prices.

it used to be tough getting a marinol script. someone i know used to have it. it isn't as tough anymore though. i may pursue that idea as well for future protection.

For sure. I am going to ask for myself as well. If you see this Dr. Bob maybee you could chime in about marinol and if Drs. should offer this to patients and if not why?

Peace, Afi

I am sorry man that sucks Donkey. I hear it is hard to get marinol also but it is worth a try and I am considering it myself. I got luck with my job and have not had to test even to start. I was told I will not have to test once I go full time(waiting for someone to retire LOL ) They will just move me in. Most schools hire sub custodians it may not pay alot but the work is easy and if you plug away at it you will eventually get full time and usually the pay is $15.00+Hr sub pay probably 9+hr not a ton but pretty good were I live. they just hired more in Monroe schools and I know Whiteford agricultural needs subs. They also needs mechanics around here in the schools. You may wanna start moving some product thru dispensaries and/or P2P probably not what you want to do but you need money to survive. I like dispensaries just don't like the prices.

I don`t like dispensaries. They got lucky once and got a couple oz`s off me last winter when I was hurting and they still are bugging me for more. I just don`t feel safe or right dealing with them. I have visited alot of them just to check out how they are run when I first became legal and over half of them immediately started talking about illegal activities with me as soon as they seen my meds and realized who I was.

There are a couple that are alright though so not to offend anyone that runs a legit one. I am pretty sure once I put myself out there as having extra meds I will find plenty of takers but it still makes me nervous. I have been approached by quite a few people I have meet from here it`s just everyone always seems to be so far away from me. I guess I will become a regular at the MMMA Market. Peace, Afi

Well hopefully something will work out for you. I can underdstand your feeling going into a dispense but it may be what you need to do for a bit. You know everyone has your back on her if something stranges happens. Many people I know like dispensaries so they would love to find some of your stuff there I bet.

Scope out the dispensary, ask them questions, find out if you are going to get a 1099 at the end of the year, do they track who sells to them, etc, things like that. Then if you feel comfortable, do small quantities every few days instead of large sums all at once. The only time I sold to a dispensary I made sure I was only transporting 1oz under my limit, and I was transferring to a carded person there.

It sucks to rely on that, it'll be awesome when we get some farmers markets going on around you (and here for that matter).

File for disability. When I lost my unemployment, the disability kicked in.

I agree AFi - do not take risks, only transfer to people you know. Don't let pressure force you into doing something you don't feel right doing.

Its sucks about Workplace Zero Tolerance, someone on oxycontin would be ok, but not you! I would trust someone on MM than heavy doses of pills.

-DN

Archived