I. Hate. Roommates.

I was just informed that we can no longer smoke in the house. Apparently because our roommate is in the military and he can "smell it" upstairs while we are smoking in the basement, and apparently somehow he will fail a drug test because of that. I think instead of saving up for a new car, I'll spend some money repairing my current one and use what's left on finding a new place to live. In the meantime, I will have to go outside and sit in my car which is in the driveway just off a busy street patrolled by police frequently, where there's little kids running around playing, and there's a school nearby...instead of being able to do my business in the privacy of inside my own home.

Oh forgive me, I forgot...my house isn't apparently mine. I just pay to live here, silly me, thinking I had a say in anything. Apparently, this is the new house rule regardless of whether or not I have a medcard. Also, I will not be able to grow my own medicine, either, regardless of whether or not I have a medcard.

RAGING OUT!

Just needed a place to vent. Nobody else in the household is sympathetic. Nobody.

Try not to take smoking in the driveway, even if in car. Might be a public place legally. Maybe get a cheap vaporizer, about $50.00.

Maybe try the ole TP tube with dryer sheet inside.

Bum deal but your own place would be much better.

Get yourself a vaporizer. You can get a cheap one on ebay delivered for under $50.

It will solve your problems.

My lady doesn't like the smoke or smell, so I use the vape when she's around. She doesn't mind it at all. Problem solved.

Vaporizers take a little getting used to. When I want a flavorful smoke, I'll go in the yard or on the porch.

Not at all saying what to do, but a colleague was once faced with this situation in a house type relationship. Because one didn't agree with his legal and very discreet use of cannabis, it eventually caused unneeded friction between everyone living in the house. Had nothing to do with the smoke, they just didn't want it around. Have to respect their right to disagree.

He decided he would firstly want to keep a friend as well as keep the peace. He decided it was time to move on and it was the greatest thing for all concerned. They stayed friends but don't mention cannabis or the med-can law. He continues to use his medical herb that is providing some good relief for symptoms of his chronic condition. It's wonderful to see.

I do wish you best fortune that your situation is quickly resolved in peace and you keep your friend too. :thumbsu:

Vape is totally the way to go. You can't smell it in the same room hardly when your doing it. It's pricey, but the Vapair my friend has is pretty nice, portable for when you are traveling (not used in car but to take to a hotel etc), charge lasts a long time. I haven't personally used it, but I have used the IOLite, and I think if I had to choose I would go with the Vapair.

Not at all saying what to do, but a colleague was once faced with this situation in a house type relationship. Because one didn't agree with his legal and very discreet use of cannabis, it eventually caused unneeded friction between everyone living in the house. Had nothing to do with the smoke, they just didn't want it around. Have to respect their right to disagree.

He decided he would firstly want to keep a friend as well as keep the peace. He decided it was time to move on and it was the greatest thing for all concerned. They stayed friends but don't mention cannabis or the med-can law. He continues to use his medical herb that is providing some good relief for symptoms of his chronic condition. It's wonderful to see.

I do wish you best fortune that your situation is quickly resolved in peace and you keep your friend too. :thumbsu:

I do have a vape, yes. I guess he can smell that too...somehow.

Thanks for the understanding everyone.

If that guy claims he can smell a vape, he is on crack. I feel for him, he is probably scared of what the military will do if he ever pisses dirty, but it sounds like he is being completely unreasonable. There is no way a vape used right can be smelled in the next room, what if you were burning incense?

Hope you find some place else soon.

If that guy claims he can smell a vape, he is on crack. I feel for him, he is probably scared of what the military will do if he ever pisses dirty, but it sounds like he is being completely unreasonable. There is no way a vape used right can be smelled in the next room, what if you were burning incense?

Hope you find some place else soon.

Who knows what he smells. I just think he knows we smoke down here out of "common knowledge" and is being ridiculous about it. The bf actually smoke smokes, I vape mostly. I do understand that failing a drug test would ruin his military business, but it is just not physically possible to fail a drug test due to people smoking on a completely separate floor of the house. Just no freaking way. I really want my own place but I'm a low income person. It's gonna take some time. The bf and I have discussed removing the back seats of my tinted windowed soccermom van and laying down so nobody could see us. That is going to suck during hot days. I guess there's always the bonus of being able to clam bake...trying to see the bright side I guess...

You know, I did have a dream about winning the lottery the other night. Maybe I should go grab a couple easypicks :) When I win, I could have 5 houses. With butlers who cook me edibles.

"Here are your brownies, my lady. Will that be all?"

sitting in your car - you have no reasonable expectation of privacy - you CAN get busted smoking in your car. They can even imply you were DUID, as you have access to keys and could have drove off.

Vape, or use a room freshener. Again, just because you smell it, you are not ingesting it. It is not even second hand smoke, as he is not even in the same room! I am a retired medical worker - you need 50ng/ml in your system to test positive. 1 marijuana joint smoked by a new user can leave the body in 72 hours. It sounds like he is getting a sense of moral superiority, and needs to man up and STFU.

-DN

sitting in your car - you have no reasonable expectation of privacy - you CAN get busted smoking in your car. They can even imply you were DUID, as you have access to keys and could have drove off.

Vape, or use a room freshener. Again, just because you smell it, you are not ingesting it. It is not even second hand smoke, as he is not even in the same room! I am a retired medical worker - you need 50ng/ml in your system to test positive. 1 marijuana joint smoked by a new user can leave the body in 72 hours. It sounds like he is getting a sense of moral superiority, and needs to man up and STFU.

-DN

Dead on!

I've been smoking cannabis for two years in a home I share with my brother who is drug tested every six months at his Dr and he has NEVER TESTED POSITIVE FOR CANNABIS.

who is on the lease? these are the people that really have the right to make rules of the house. and the owner of the house. But you should try to work together. meet in the middle somewhere

There are other, valid reasons why I don't want to live here.

This is just the last straw.

2nd hand smoke is a classic "excuse" that is not possible.

Oh, I know. It's physically impossible.

Do you let people make arbitrary rules for you to live by or do you stand your ground?

For the sake of not arguing with my bf about how he lacks a backbone, I am going with the stupid rule until I can save up for my own place. I'm an aggressive and openly opinionated person, he is the opposite. I can see how he would be hurt if I started accusing him of being a wuss. But anyway fighting about this isn't worth it. I'm just gonna move.

*searches craigslist for housing*

Archived