I Never Saved A Life Before

well, her mom just called. her organs started shutting down last night so they froze her to give them a chance to stablize. her first cat scan showed no brain activity however another test early this morning did show some activity. they plan to start the thaw tonight. the next 72 hours will tell the tale.

on another note. I'm still in a daze and kind of stuned about the whole ordeal. part of me thinks it was all for nothing if she doesn't pull through but then again, she'd never have had ANY chance w/o my help. another part of me is mad as hell. how could you do this to your family. your 3 year old son may never know his mother. how bad can things be that you could do that to your own kid?

Dear Bri, I hope you will try to understand what I'm about to say. When you're 21, you don't usually consider the consequences of your actions, all you know is how you feel, and it's unbearable, there seems to be no solution; there's no one to talk to, nobody would understand. Nothing seems to matter, there's no reason to care, all hope is lost, the person feels unimportant, ignored perhaps, too. Maybe she felt she couldn't talk to anyone? Even if all of that's wrong, this is how emotions work, this may be all she knew and couldn't see past it. Please don't blame her. Please. Heck, many over 21 don't think about consequences. When we're in the thick of an emotional crisis, it seems like there's no way out and we're unable to see a solution, even if there is one we might be able to live with. Emotions are extremely powerful and can cloud our judgment, as we all know.. Whatever was bothering her had to seem so bad she couldn't live with it any longer. Please don't be so hard on her, she may've had something eating at her so badly and couldn't tell anyone. You have no idea how that feels, till it happens to you. I do know how that feels, and it's HELL. I live with it every day. I wish I could divorce myself.. I know if I say anything I'll be punished for it. No one can imagine the desperation someone feels, that they should want to end their life. Please have a little compassion for her feelings. Please. I'm not saying what she did was right, just that I UNDERSTAND ALL TOO WELL.. Society is so unkind, my heart aches for her that she couldn't confide in anyone who could help her find a way to deal with whatever it was that she felt her life was worth ending for.

Sincerely, Sb (tears) :(

Wow what an incredible story, regardless of the final outcome, this guy deserves to be commended as a hero for his actions. Sometimes our best effort's are thwarted by others worst intentions. We all need a neighbor like LongHairBri.

I'm not discrediting what Bri did, I'm just feeling for the young lady. If she survives, she'll be severely punished. Once I told someone I wished I was dead, though I never attempted it, and soon I found myself in a horrible place that made me feel even worse. There was no attempt at helping me, they were so cruel, I can barely live with the memory, though it happened many years ago. But this isn't about me, I'm just saying how I feel and hope there's someone with some real Compassion who'll counsel her, give her some guidance, help her sort through her feelings, not just drug her up and make her feel worse, guilty, ashamed, feel like a criminal for what she did- consider her feelings, and really LISTEN to her, not judge, not punish, and truly HELP her, because if they DON'T, she'll try it again. She'll never trust anyone EVER AGAIN. This is prob'ly why she did it in the first place, NO ONE TO TRUST.

Sincerely, Sb

I'm not discrediting what Bri did, I'm just feeling for the young lady. If she survives, she'll be severely punished. Once I told someone I wished I was dead, though I never attempted it, and soon I found myself in a horrible place that made me feel even worse. There was no attempt at helping me, they were so cruel, I can barely live with the memory, though it happened many years ago. But this isn't about me, I'm just saying how I feel and hope there's someone with some real Compassion who'll counsel her, give her some guidance, help her sort through her feelings, not just drug her up and make her feel worse, guilty, ashamed, feel like a criminal for what she did- consider her feelings, and really LISTEN to her, not judge, not punish, and truly HELP her, because if they DON'T, she'll try it again. She'll never trust anyone EVER AGAIN. This is prob'ly why she did it in the first place, NO ONE TO TRUST.

Sincerely, Sb

Sorry about the confusion I was speaking in regards to Bri's courageous actions told in this thread, not your particular post.

Sorry about the confusion I was speaking in regards to Bri's courageous actions told in this thread, not your particular post.

OK. I'm sorry too. I wish I knew CPR. I think everyone should, and practice it regularly so when they need to use it, they know automatically. Lucky Bri remembered it well enough after so long.

Sb

Posted Today, 04:10 PM

Wow what an incredible story, regardless of the final outcome, this guy deserves to be commended as a hero for his actions. Sometimes our best effort's are thwarted by others worst intentions. We all need a neighbor like LongHairBri.

Yes indeed. Cannabis patients and caregivers are some of the finest people in our country. Granted I have only had my card for a short period of time, but since registering I have been to a few events and made some new friends. In doing that I have met a lot of people, and so far I have yet to met or be introduced to someone that I do not like, and that's saying a lot because I am careful about the company I keep.

So far I have only met honest up-standing people that would be proud to have as friends. I'm sure I will come across a scum-bag in the community one day, but going for as long as I have without meeting one is pretty amazing.

Law enforcement and the justice system may try to demonize us, but we all know the truth. We are pillars of our community.

well, SHE REGAINED CONSCIOUSNESS at 3 A.M.!!!!! the scans show she is blind but the swelling is going down. her 72 hour window expires at 4 this afternoon. Last nights update was she is in the deepest coma, blind and possibly brain dead. TODAY SHES AWAKE!!!

COME ON SAM, YOU CAN BEAT THIS!!!!!!

well, it's over. clotting in her lungs led Samantha to have a stroke. She died last night. Her family is donating her organs.

this has taken the wind out of my sails, to say the least.

and I'm SURE it's nothing compaired to what the family is dealing with

All you can do is move on. There are other people that will need your help.

People should be more aware of places that have AEDs, Automatic Defibulators - all you have to do is hook someone up and follow directions - and you can bring someone back from the dead.

For CPR, remember that they now say that chest compressions are better than nothing. If you do not want to give mouth to mouth to a stranger, still perform chest compressions. Its work, you have to maintain about 80 beats per minute minimum.

-DN

Guest thequietone

Sorry to hear that she has moved on Brian. You did your best brother, but the Lord had other plans. My prayers go out to the family during this time of grief.

Archived