How Do You Tell If Music Is Too Loud?

How do you know when its too loud you say?

When you feel something like jello oozing out of your ears (blood). :rock:

Loudest concert ever over my 30 + years of fighting on the main floor was ZZ Top no lie Degüello tour in 79 with the rockets my ears hurt for a week after that show. :blink:

If the cops show up it is too loud. If you wonder if you can ever have children after listening to it, it is too loud. If the music suddenly goes silent but you didn't turn it down, it is too loud. Ever see "scanners" if your head explodes like that, it is too loud....

Dr. Bob

When I'm not sure, I walk into another room to see if I can hear it. If I can hear it a little, it's OK in the daytime. It's rare that I blast music anymore and I don't turn my bass up too high especially if my volume is a little loud, where I can hear it in the next room quite well; but at night I wanna be sure the neighbors can't hear it although it's not that loud, so I do the sound check from the other rooms. ESPECIALLY with bass, turn it down! Bass travels through walls and gets more intense from far away; even outside, the farther away, the more intense it gets. I found all this out many years by walking into other rooms and noticed the bass was more intense. If you hear bass coming from somewhere besides your stereo, it's coming from some distance and that's usually all you'll hear- BOOM, BOOM, BOOM! I love bass, but not so loud it vibrates my whole inside. When you're next to it, it won't sound quite as intense so you might be tempted crank it up. Bass still can be intense even turned down, but it won't travel as far or seem as loud farther away. Do the sound check from a distance and get as far as you can till you can't hear it or can barely hear it; you'll see this is true. Also, you can ask other people, if you're still unsure. Ask your friends when they come over. If there's a time when you're not medicated, or not as much, then do a sound check, see if you can hear a difference, remember what setting you use when it's low enough for you to know it's not gonna disturb anyone, then compare that setting when you're not medicated or are less medicated. It's interesting to know if different strains do have an effect on how loud music sounds, or anything else. Are you sensitive to other sounds, too?. If it affects hearing, does it affect everyone that way? I know it causes light sensitivity, and it seems that's just the nature of it. Other medicines affect hearing and vision that way, too, so it's not just Cannabis.

Sb

I couldnt tell you when it is too loud. I have been to so

many concerts throughout my life, including sitting on speakers

at some and get vibrated off of them, that I do not know

what too loud is. Don't get me wrong I am not the man i

used to be cause there used to be a day when it was never

too loud and it didnt matter who was disturbed. Speaking

of the who I think that was my loudest concert but very

hard to choose.

You guys are GREAT LOL Well it was kinda late so I did check my bedroom and it wasn't super loud there but dang I get super here after using sativas. Makes me breath good but I can hear crickets from miles away. Tarzan I forgot about that song :goodjob:

You guys are GREAT ...

Tarzan I forgot about that song .... :goodjob:

I've got over 25 years of Dj-ing ...

I Specialize in " Ol' Time Rock and Roll " :thumbsu:

Here is my Equipment

One thing I know for a fact ...

Lowd Music has Damaged my Ears ...

I NOW Suffer from constant ringing in my ears ...

It NEVER STOPS ... I always having a Ringing ...

TarzansDJSystemB.jpg

TarzansDJSystemThree.gif

PV--13KAMP.jpg

TarzansEquipment-1.jpg

Now You See Where i get my Name ....

I've got over 25 years of Dj-ing ...

I Specialize in " Ol' Time Rock and Roll " :thumbsu:

Here is my Equipment

One thing I know for a fact ...

Lowd Music has Damaged my Ears ...

I NOW Suffer from constant ringing in my ears ...

It NEVER STOPS ... I always having a Ringing ...

Now You See Where i get my Name ....

your equipment looks pretty bad a** :))

your equipment looks pretty bad a** :))

Thanks " Dr._Do-Little "

It's All Retired Now ...

Part of it is in my frontroom hooked

to my Home Entertainment Center ...

working at getting it all hooked up one day ...

Jane won't let me hook up the Lights in the frontroom ...

So i just save them for my Funeral ... LoL

Thanks " Dr._Do-Little "

It's All Retired Now ...

Part of it is in my frontroom hooked

to my Home Entertainment Center ...

working at getting it all hooked up one day ...

Jane won't let me hook up the Lights in the frontroom ...

So i just save them for my Funeral ... LoL

what about your garage or basement? that would look cool if you had your garage/basement set up as a hangout type deal

what ever you do, don't let those speakers go to waste! lol

Archived