Contact Your U.s. Reps And Senators

ALERT: Support New Medical Marijuana Bills in Congress

Support New Medical Marijuana Bills in Congress

Take Action!

Three New Bills Would Protect Medical Marijuana Patients and Businesses Nationwide

On May 25, 2011, a bipartisan group of US Representatives introduced three new medical marijuana bills. H.R. 1983 would exempt people complying with state medical marijuana laws from federal arrest and prosecution. H.R. 1984 would protect banks accepting deposits made by medical marijuana dispensaries. And H.R. 1985 would allow the dispensaries to deduct business expenses on their federal taxes like any other business, putting an end to dozens of industry IRS audits already underway.

Please use our web form to contact your US Representative and your two US Senators in support of these important bills. Please follow-up by calling their offices too -- if you don't know their numbers (or aren't sure who they are), you can reach them by calling the Congressional Switchboard at (202) 224-3121. And please use our tell-a-friend form to spread the word.

Visit http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle/2011/may/26/three_medical_marijuana_bills_fi for more information on these bills, and sign up for our email list or paste http://stopthedrugwar.org/taxonomy/term/6 in your RSS reader to follow the news about medical marijuana.

Thank you for taking action!

PS: I tried to edit this post 2 times to change the Title to caps for US, but it keeps making it Us. sigh...

I had a little trouble finding the 'Take Action' article...

After reading the article mentioned by the original poster I went to the StoptheDrugWar home page and then about a third of the way down the middle column I found the 'take action' article.

I put in some of my own words...what a surprise... and sent messages to my representative and senators.

Please take the couple of minutes to voice your opinion. Opinions don't mean much unless enough of them are spoken. Then, they mean votes and suddenly opinions do matter.

Archived