Massive Marijuana Bust In Lenawee County

ROME TOWNSHIP, Mich. – A married integrate in their sixties were destitute for a outrageous pot flourishing operation. Police seized millions of dollars value of drugs.

“They grew like flowers, gardening form deal,” pronounced Brad Sims.

Once on a time, he pronounced his hermit worked for a couple, who reside on a farming skill off Rome Road in Lenawee County’s Rome Township. He is now training that their uninformed cut flower business was allegedly only a front for their blossoming, multi-million dollar marijuana grow operation.

“I never knew. That’s crazy. we live right opposite a travel and never knew it,” Sims said.

The Lenawee County Sheriff’s Department initial schooled of a probable vital marijuana grow operation by an unknown tip, so an questioner went to check it out. We’re told a stink was so clever that he could smell it station in a center of a street.

One clever sniff led to one of a largest raids in Michigan State Police history. Video shot by investigators shows a barns, hothouse and fields filled with marijuana plants trimming from seedlings to full grown plants value $8-million brought to life by an endless watering system, grow lights and movement apparatus seized by Omni Three, a multi-jurisdictional charge force.

Officers also found $2,500 in money and several handguns stashed during a scene.

“When we go to a scene, some of these plants were unequivocally good cultivated. The people that were flourishing these plants knew what they were doing,” pronounced Michigan State Police Lieutenant Gene Adamczyk.

Dr. John Beaubien lives subsequent door. Their properties are divided by trees. When a breeze blew one morning, he told us, “It was rank, so we suspicion somebody easterly of me is unequivocally growing a lot of pot.”

The father and mother will be charged Wednesday with production marijuana. If convicted, they could face adult 14 years in prison.

http://medicalmarijuana-news.us/2011/06/massive-marijuana-bust-in-lenawee-county/

I am suspicious of this post and story. The style of writing is very poor. Also, the web site links do not appear to be the legitimate news source. If this post is ficticious, it is a bad disservice to the cause. This post ought to be removed until the story can be verified by other more reliable means.

Kurt

There are more articles on this:

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvg/story?section=news/local&id=8174868

Lenawee County drug bust, 7,000 marijuana plants seized

Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Michigan State Police busted a major marijuana growing operation Monday evening. 7,000 marijuana plants were confiscated from a house at 12501 Rome Rd. in Rome Township.

Michigan State Police OMNI 3 Drug Task Force got a tip from a detective about the pot growing operation. They seized 7000 marijuana plants worth $7 million, guns and some cash

A husband and wife in their 60s were arrested

Bennette and Linda Kincer live across the street. They've known the couple for 12 years.

"They're hard working people, and it really shocked me that they would get busted in something like this," Kincer says.

Drug agents called the marijuana operation sophisticated.

"Some of these plants were very well cultivated. The individuals that were growing these plants knew what they were doing. This is in a rural environment and the plants themselves were hidden they had 40-50 mature bushes hidden amongst pine trees"

Neighbors say the couple were professional growers and once sold flowers. Kincer says, "They grew flowers, and he's a great gardener. The man knows what he's doing when it comes to gardening flowers. He can set up all the drip cords he can do all that stuff he knows how to garden"

Kincer says he suspected something was wrong when the couple put up this gate about a year ago, required neighbors to leave a note if they wanted to visit and the couple stopped coming around

Undercover drug officers were still collecting plants from the property today.

State Police say keeping this pot off the streets makes the community safer. "There's a safety concern, because anyone who's ever worked in the narcotics business knows that marijuana itself is a step-up drug."

It's a drug the Kincers can't believe was growing next door. "You got to feel bad for somebody. If he would have been a doper all the time, I wouldn't care a bit, you know. I'd be glad he got busted, but he wasn't."

The suspects are charged with manufacturing marijuana. They could face up to 14 years on state charges.

(Copyright ©2011 WTVG-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)

Mod added Story

ROME TOWNSHIP, MI -- Federal authorities have now taken over the case of thousands of pot plants that were discovered in Lenawee County.

We told you last week about the more than 8,000 worth about $7 million that were confiscated from a farm in Rome Township.

Edwin and Linda Schmieding were charged in federal court Monday.

A federal agent says the couple told police they were paid $500 a week for the marijuana and that some of the pot was sold as medical marijuana.

They couple was released from a Lenawee County jail Tuesday after posting bond.

http://www.toledoonthemove.com/news/story.aspx?id=629675

I am suspicious of this post and story. The style of writing is very poor. Also, the web site links do not appear to be the legitimate news source. If this post is ficticious, it is a bad disservice to the cause. This post ought to be removed until the story can be verified by other more reliable means.

Kurt

I guess you don't log on frequently enough to recognize the OP's writing style. Perhaps we should spend a little more time at the table before we critisize the other guests...

I guess you don't log on frequently enough to recognize the OP's writing style. Perhaps we should spend a little more time at the table before we critisize the other guests...

It seems he assumed that the post was verbatim from the article... in which case it would be very questionable journalism.

Edit: It was... and its the associated press. Terribly worded...

Archived