Red Bug

tooldini

I seen this little red bug on the soil of my bagseed plant. It looks like a beetle but red and pretty fast. I thought spider mite but then I seen pics on the net and not sure. I could not see its legs like you can on the spider mite pics I seen. I killed it and it was the only one I seed at the time. here is a picture of it. In real life it is bright red. I had to use cell phone since wife is on a 9 day vacation and took camera LOL

bug-2.jpg

darn I crushed him cause I was afraid. I kinda thought spider mites were pretty small this thing was about 1/4" long but wanted to make sure. I keep a close eye on stuff cause I want to catch problems fast and once I get my big room I will need to know what to look for. Thanks guys

Spider mite adults look like little pieces of dirt under your leaves. Under a mic they are UGLY. I got nyc diesel and cheese kush clones that had some... once I got a pocket scope on it, I took them outside and burned them with a torch :( I really wanted those clones.

But yeah, Spider mites look like specs of dirt to the naked eye, larva are probably too small to see.

Long body like that I might think thrip larva, but 1/4 inch is too big for those too... Springtails the same, but once again too big.

i recommend getting a pocket scope, they are real handy when something like this pops up, because killing that one, if it is mites, isn't enough, and if you know for sure what it is and take care of it fast you can save your crop, or you know not to worry.

I concur with these guys, doesn't look like a spider mite to me at all(disclaimer: NOT a bug expert but I have seen them).

Archived