Is It Stale?

someone i met said their medicine suddenly changed colors after about 6 months. in addition they suspected something in that batch vaporized at a lower temp, but didn't make them sick. they wanted to know if it is safe to use. i was thinking some patients might know.

someone i met said their medicine suddenly changed colors after about 6 months. in addition they suspected something in that batch vaporized at a lower temp, but didn't make them sick. they wanted to know if it is safe to use. i was thinking some patients might know.

i've personally never heard about anyone's bud going stale, however "color changed from light green to brown" doesn't sound too good <_<

Its the chlorophlls breaking down - this is the normal process of drying and curing. The green to brown should not effect the taste - it should even taste better without the 'green' taste of chlorophylls.

You do want to properly seal the storage container - you do want some humidity - like 3% - you want a leathery texture, not buds that turn to powder when you crush it. Some of the THC is waterbased, overdried marijuana could lose some chemical properties if overdried.

-DN