Any Neurologists That Are Tolerant Of Mmj?

Hi,

My son is 20 years old and has epilepsy. He has been using the mmj to control them and it actually works well. He went for over 6 months without a seizure and unfortunately had one at work on Monday. But he did go almost 3 days without his meds so not surprising. He now cannot go back to work without clearance from an MD. Of course all that we have seen and paid for (in the hole over $200.00 now) have refused to send him back to work without putting him on meds first because according to them "MMJ does nothing". being that he was having seizures regularly before starting the MMJ I would say they are completely wrong. They also won't even clear him for work until he's been on the meds for 3 weeks or more. he lives on his own and obviously can't afford to do this. He is physically fine but because of the fact that he takes mmj and not meds that make him like a zombie and unable to work anyways they won't help him. Please if anyone knows of any type of MD that would help even a GP would be okay until we can find a neurologist. he actually needs a regular GP anyways. Thanks and God Bless!!

Step 1, get medical records. You need to have proof that he has eplilepsy to someone that has never tested him for anything.

Step 2, you didn't tell us your area :(

Step 3, Until you can find a full time GP or neurologist that is MMJ friendly, Consider Dr. Bob., just Google Dr Robert Townsend.

He travels all over the state to clinics. I know some people would rather have someone who is seeing them on a regular basis, and I don't think Dr Bob will take insurance, but you will get to see a Doc that really believes MMJ works. If you really have a qualifying condition, he will let you know if he really thinks it will help your son.

Step 1, get medical records. You need to have proof that he has eplilepsy to someone that has never tested him for anything.

Step 2, you didn't tell us your area :(

Step 3, Until you can find a full time GP or neurologist that is MMJ friendly, Consider Dr. Bob., just Google Dr Robert Townsend.

He travels all over the state to clinics. I know some people would rather have someone who is seeing them on a regular basis, and I don't think Dr Bob will take insurance, but you will get to see a Doc that really believes MMJ works. If you really have a qualifying condition, he will let you know if he really thinks it will help your son.

He does have medical records. He has had the seizure disorder since 17 and he is 20 now. He has a mmj card he just needs a Dr. who believes mmj works and will be willing to send him back to work without wanting him to take the seizure meds that don't work and make him feel horrible on top of it. We are in Macomb County. Thanks for the info. I will google the dr. above. Hopefully he will help until maybe we can find a permanent md. Thanks and God Bless!!

He does have medical records. He has had the seizure disorder since 17 and he is 20 now. He has a mmj card he just needs a Dr. who believes mmj works and will be willing to send him back to work without wanting him to take the seizure meds that don't work and make him feel horrible on top of it. We are in Macomb County. Thanks for the info. I will google the dr. above. Hopefully he will help until maybe we can find a permanent md. Thanks and God Bless!!

Archived