Attic Grow Room?

tooldini

it looks like you have an end gable roof from your pictures. i don't want assume any thing here, but if you do, you might be able to move enough out side air into your attic with an end gable fan at one end and an end gable vent at the other end because both are quite large and it might take care of your air movement problems!

post-27016-0-10340600-1312090090_thumb.gif

i forgot to add, regardless of what else you do, you really need to make sure you have plenty of under eaves vents / over hang vents (what ever they wanna call them) because no air will move out unless you have air moving in. that cool air that comes in through there will also add years of life to your shingles, even if you don't make a grow room up there. you should also make sure that the vents are spaced pretty close together. any lumber yard or do it your self center or internet can give you advise or formula on air in vs. air out . again i don't want to assume that you have not already done this just trying to pass some hard learned knowledge your way! my shingles are shot for that very reason! lots of luck!

post-27016-0-44814000-1312091901_thumb.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I also had a grow room attic until at least we had this hot wave, The room was built and partitioned almost exactly like the pictures, I even installed a 6500 but window air conditioner in the interior wall and vented it and set up a drain. Insulated it , sealed it and used a air cooled hood with adequate ventilation. It was still always hot even when the air temp was cool if you got near the ceiling it was blistering. In short it just made it harder to control the environment for me. Also was a pain in the butt climbing a ladder every time you need to do something. I finally gave way and set up my rooms in another building.

thanks Intruder I still have to try, and hope I can make it work. I think it will be easier in the winter. When is was around 90 outside during the day at 11:00pm it was 83 in attice. It is not insulated yet or anything. I have to make it work because the wife won't allow it anywere else LOL dang women mess up all my fun. Eventually the floor will insulated and ultimately the rest of the attic will be a mancave. I will be building steps and all that :)

thanks Intruder I still have to try, and hope I can make it work. I think it will be easier in the winter. When is was around 90 outside during the day at 11:00pm it was 83 in attice. It is not insulated yet or anything. I have to make it work because the wife won't allow it anywere else LOL dang women mess up all my fun. Eventually the floor will insulated and ultimately the rest of the attic will be a mancave. I will be building steps and all that :)

By all means I am not saying that it cannot be done. It was perfect for me in the winter/spring/fall but summer was brutal temps int 85-90 range and humidity would climb as well, If your building from scratch like you are I would just make sure that I vented the hell out of it. I was drawing air into my room from an air conditioned room with a booster fan that helped a lot in the summer. Oh and by the way I ended up in the attic the same way by rule of the woman!.....however she was eventually warn down from my lengthy lectures about grow room temperature and humidity and the resulting effects on the plants.......lol

here's an odd suggestion and potential thought for myself in my atiic...

what if, just what if, you took two months off every year for vacation while the temps were at their worst (July/August)? is there a way to grow and stock so well you could go 4 months with no new medicine? maybe not. just thinking off the top of my head.

Why not use Filon panels (from Lowe's)? Coat with gray epoxy, looks metal, and 80% of sunlight passes?

Easy to extend Dec. 9 hour days with cfl on a timer to ward off early flowering. Force flowering in summer with black-ot tarp. Why not use ionizer for smell (1 x $145= 5,000 sq.ft destinked)? Or u luv DTE?

Archived