Man Arrested After Craigslist Pot Post

This is on Drudge today !

"Police didn't have to look far to find a man hoping to buy marijuana Thursday.

Michael Krebes, 31, of Vernon, put an ad on Craigslist looking to buy pot, police said.

Members of the East Central Narcotics Task Force answered the ad, and set up a location to meet Krebes.

Officers set up surveillance and waited for Krebes to arrive.

Sure enough, he showed up at the McDonald's on Main Street in Glastonbury Thursday, where police took him into custody.

Krebes was charged with Criminal Attempt/Possession of less than 4 ounces of Marijuana.

He was released on $2,500 bond."

For those who advertise their overages on Craig's List, NOT A GOOD IDEA !!!!

Dr. Jinx

PS: It destroys our credibility...no caregiver or patient should attempt a P2P transfer via this venue....this is what PMs are FOR !!!

Looks like this happened in Connecticut.. Not sure how that would affect us here. And the other article states that a caregiver cannot do this. Looks like Michigan needs to step up and lay out the "rules" for patient to patient. Shouldn't be that hard, they seem to have the time to argue about the future of Pit Bulls in the state. I think this would be right up there with that, seeing as how this could and has brought in much needed revenue for the state.

This is on Drudge today ! [Link ?]

"Police didn't have to look far to find a man hoping to buy marijuana Thursday.

Michael Krebes, 31, of Vernon, put an ad on Craigslist looking to buy pot, police said.

Members of the East Central Narcotics Task Force answered the ad, and set up a location to meet Krebes.

Officers set up surveillance and waited for Krebes to arrive.

Sure enough, he showed up at the McDonald's on Main Street in Glastonbury Thursday, where police took him into custody.

Krebes was charged with Criminal Attempt/Possession of less than 4 ounces of Marijuana.

He was released on $2,500 bond."

For those who advertise their overages on Craig's List, NOT A GOOD IDEA !!!!

Dr. Jinx

PS: It destroys our credibility...no caregiver or patient should attempt a P2P transfer via this venue....this is what PMs are FOR !!!

I really don't condone this "business model" for ' our ' product. You're looking for trouble, not recomended.

However if your description is correct Dr J, the perp was looking to score some herb, he must be desparate, or ...

If he was a carded patient or caregiver ... (cant find in your article ? no links, jinx ?)

from the way I'm understanding your story LEO again were the bad guys, IF the perp had a card, patient or caregiver, and was aquiring herb and it was under the limit [2.5ozs] , he would be within his rights according to MMMA #3.a........................

333.26428 Defenses.

8. Affirmative Defense and Dismissal for Medical Marihuana.

Sec. 8. (a) Except as provided in section 7, a patient and a patient's primary caregiver, if any, may assert the medical purpose for using marihuana as a defense to any prosecution involving marihuana, and this defense shall be presumed valid where the evidence shows that:

1. ...

2. ...

(a) The patient and the patient's primary caregiver, if any, were engaged in the acquisition, possession, cultivation, manufacture, use, delivery, transfer, or transportation of marihuana or paraphernalia relating to the use of marihuana to treat or alleviate the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition or symptoms of the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition.

I really don't condone this "business model" for ' our ' product. You're looking for trouble, not recomended.

However if your description is correct Dr J, the perp was looking to score some herb, he must be desparate, or ...

If he was a carded patient or caregiver ... (cant find in your article ? no links, jinx ?)

from the way I'm understanding your story LEO again were the bad guys, IF the perp had a card, patient or caregiver, and was aquiring herb and it was under the limit [2.5ozs] , he would be within his rights according to MMMA #3.a........................

333.26428 Defenses.

8. Affirmative Defense and Dismissal for Medical Marihuana.

Sec. 8. (a) Except as provided in section 7, a patient and a patient's primary caregiver, if any, may assert the medical purpose for using marihuana as a defense to any prosecution involving marihuana, and this defense shall be presumed valid where the evidence shows that:

1. ...

2. ...

(a) The patient and the patient's primary caregiver, if any, were engaged in the acquisition, possession, cultivation, manufacture, use, delivery, transfer, or transportation of marihuana or paraphernalia relating to the use of marihuana to treat or alleviate the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition or symptoms of the patient's serious or debilitating medical condition.

This was in Connecticut, not sure what "Section 8" of the CT law says.. Could probably google it, but I'm lazy and tired..lol They may not allow patient to patient there, who knows.

I personally have used Craigslist, in the past. It was WAYYYYYYY easier to get MM from this way then it has EVER been any other way since I got my card.

I had no way to acquire my meds, CG had none due to robbery,I had been to 2-3 dispensary's all which were raided.

I looked on Craigslist one day called a guy and bam 20 minutes I had the best weed since getting my card at the time.

Craigslist will thrive until the p2p c2p, prices are worked out as well as the fear of the stupid so called gray area's.

Fear is making hard to trust anyone (imo) thus making it sometimes near impossible to get meds.

Trix :bong2:

ITS CALLED A

'UNDERCOVER REVERSE STING'

its legal and part of their arsenal to remove those that are PREDISPOSED/CRIMINALLY CULPABLE to commit crimes-mind police

when we think it we can be charged with it-in the courts eyes its legal because it helps law enforcement WEED thru the population and cull out troublemakers-IN ALL AREAS not just drugs.

they use this same tactic whether they are selling you TV's-VCR-VIDEO-Vehicles-DRUGS-PHONES-BUSINESS DEALINGS etc etc etc

BUYER BEWARE!

YOU CAN BE ARRESTED EVEN IF THE POLICE HELP YOU WITH YOU BREAKING THE LAW EVEN IF IT WAS THEIR IDEA AND THEY PROPOSITIONED YOU:growl:

its a messed up yet beautiful world-be aware for your own freedom's sake because they are looking to take it away from you at a moments notice- because they fear You/Us

i do not fault them for using C.L............. i fault over zealous law enforcement

I've done it before.... not dumb enough to post my own ad but I responded to one offering overages. I'm glad I did. The delivery caregiver network that I found is my most reliable source of meds. The day I found their ad was the very last they ever advertised on craigslist. Definitely a smart move on their part even though their conduct is 100% legal according to the letter of the law.

I have bought off of Craigs List, mostly clones. I looked for ads that stated they had Cards, and the buyer must have cards. When I met the different people, inspection of each others Cards was a must.

I am not sure how that is any different than posting an ad on this website. In the end, you are meeting strangers to conduct a transaction.....between people who have Cards.

If both people have cards and a picture I.D., guess I am missing the point. When you meet strangers at a Club, or a Rally, they are strangers...... at first.

Some of the people I have met from Craigslist, are people I already knew from this website, or from a Club meeting.

Caregivers and Patients need to do what they need to do, to keep the supply going for themselves, and their Patients.

It would be nice if Gladwin County had a good Compassion Club meeting, with a least a monthly "flea market", but it doesn't.

Hi BSmith !!!

Relax....I am not going to be rude !!!

I just would encourage you to not use Craig's List for any legal P2P transaction in Mi.

There are people here who will occassionaly list available overages.

You can do this too...but NEVER list donation costs.

Interested parties can then PM you and you can then PM them to work out donation fees and contact locales.

The PM info is only for the two of you...noone else can see it.

I doubt that a LEO will be able to nail you.....you can make sure of people by asking for info re reliability etc.here.

As I understand it, the Servers for this website are in Canada....well beyond the reach of Mi LEOs.

I am just saying that as opposed to using Craig's List you are less likely to be involved in a Reverse Sting as Cowbell has stated above.

Dr. Jinx

please help me understand this I have tried reading the laws and maybe I am missing it but can we not as card holding caregivers sell to patience?please don't be rude in your response help me to understand.

Without completely flouting the law, it would be very tough for them to prosecute a registered card-carrying patient for purchasing meds or clones from CL within their limits. The opposite is true for a patient or caregiver attempting to transfer their own meds or clones to another. I don't feel uncomfortable looking for meds on CL, but I would never try to transfer my own there.

Like afore mentioned, Glastonbury is in Connecticut (a NON-MM state). There is no 'card' to possess any quantity of medical marijuana in Glastonbury Connecticut so when the ignoranat perp put an ad out to find himself some cannabis it wasnt really much effort on the polices part to bust him.

When idiots do things like this, thats why the cops arent chasing down rapists and murderers, because they can go bust some moron who thinks he can 'openly' score cannabis in a state where there is no law legalizing it. (cant get to pissy with the cops when our own citizens are out there actin the fool)

I'm almost certain they have decriminalization on the ballot or passed already in Connecticut to make 1/2oz or less just a civil infraction and a $92 fine. (I used to live in Hartford and have a ton of friends out there)

Why does MMMA site still promote Craigslist?? Look under "Caregivers" and "finding patients"

"Caregivers have many other advertising options available to spread their message. The MMMA has advertising opportunities available right here on our site. Caregivers are encouraged to put a free listing in our Caregiver Services forum. We also have Premium Subscriber pages available that provide caregivers direct access to the patients that visit our site for a minimal annual charge. We also have banner ad space available for a reasonable charge to caregivers and caregiver groups.

Compassion Clubs are an excellent place for patients and caregivers to meet. After the official club meeting has concluded, patients and caregivers are free to privately discuss anything they choose. Caregivers may also post ads on other websites like CraigsList.com, in local newspapers, or anywhere they are able to leave a note or flyer".:thumbsd: -Just sayin.800x20.png

BUYER BEWARE!

YOU CAN BE ARRESTED EVEN IF THE POLICE HELP YOU WITH YOU BREAKING THE LAW EVEN IF IT WAS THEIR IDEA AND THEY PROPOSITIONED YOU:growl:

I actually know someone who was sentenced to 6 years in a federal penitentiary on a charge of "Vouching for Quality". His offense was telling the undercover LEO that it was very strong and to make sure nobody got a hold of it that wasn't an experienced user because it might be too powerful for them.

So be very careful about what you do and what you SAY.

Archived