Schuette; Public Safety Must Guide Medical Cannabis Law

I wonder if this guy has ever read any new medical findings about cabbabis. He sounds so completely out of touch with the real world..oh yeah...he's a politician, they are out of touch with the real world.

http://www.freep.com/article/20110621/OPINION04/106210324/Letters-Public-safety-must-guide-medical-pot-law?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Opinion

In response to the June 9 opposing points of view ("Is medical pot law workable?"):

As Michigan's attorney general, my first priority is to protect public safety. I work every day with Michigan's law enforcement community to keep families safe. That is why we are looking closely at problems cropping up with the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act.

The law was pitched to voters as a way to help a narrow group of seriously ill people, but it is so poorly written and riddled with loopholes that law enforcement is having to work overtime to protect the public from bad actors and criminals seeking to take advantage of the goodwill of the voters.

Prior to passage of the act, I was joined by doctors, cops and prosecutors in sounding the alarm that no matter how you felt about this issue, the proposal would cause endless problems and put people at risk.

For example, we predicted that loopholes in the law would encourage the opening of California-style pot shops up and down our streets, and, sadly, that is exactly what has happened.

We said that law enforcement would face an endless list of public safety problems, such as people driving automobiles with marijuana in their system despite the state ban on such actions, and, once again, we were correct.

As a result of the way the law was written, Michigan's law enforcement community is rightly concerned about the sales and use of marijuana getting out of control, which puts everyone's safety at risk. That is why I will continue working with prosecutors, police, the Legislature and the courts to ensure the law is used as the voters intended, not as a vehicle for criminal behavior that endangers our families and communities.

Bill Schuette

Michigan Attorney General Lansing

Wow, this guy is a tool... Has marijuana related accidents risen? That's what I want to see, because people were busted before for driving under the influence, so it isn't that "All of a sudden people are driving high". No that was already the case. And I want to see accident numbers, not DUID numbers. Has it changed?

Also, the legislature had their chance. They were given the law, and had what something like 6 months to write their own for adoption instead of having ours voted on. They did nothing, this is what they got.

And all of that overtime harrassing patients is just sad. I bet all of that overtime together doesn't even come close to the 8 million in profit they took, so we are still paying our own way plus some.

Whenever someone cries "public safety" or "national security" those are buzz words that pack a LOT of emotion. FEAR. Fear is a very powerful weapon, as we all know. Safety and security is something we all want and need. These idiots know how to push our buttons. Their rallying cries are self serving, as usual, and dangerous. They don't care about children or anyone else, all they want is control. GET 'EM OUTTA THERE!

Sb

I had a chance to talk to him before the republican convention.

He stated that he wanted to open seven new prisons in Michigan and put more police on the streets.

This was at a Campaign for Liberty breakfast.

I asked him how the idea of more prisons jived with the concept of liberty.

I pointed out to the folks there that Bill Schuette is an enemy of liberty. That he wants reduced liberty in Michigan.

He came very close to not gaining the place on the ballot. It was much closer than the election itself.

PUBLIC SAFETY

is a gray area and a matter of opinion!

is the reason we are in this drug war IN THE FIRST PLACE.......OPINIONS OF THE RICH, AFFLUENT AND INFLUENTIAL GOVERN PUBLIC POLICY...THEY'RE POLICIES GUARANTEE THEM FAT WALLETS AND FAT BANK ACCOUNTS -----THEY'RE POLICIES ARE DIRECTED BY THEIR BANK ACCOUNTS, ACCOUNTANTS, FRIENDS, FAMILY AND LAWYERS!

THEY CARE NOTHING OF THE COMMON MAN... ONLY... HOW TO PROFIT FROM HIS BIRTH, HARD LABOR AND DEATH:growl:

If he was serious about the safety of the children start by cleaning up the ground water, rivers, lakes, brown fields, and air.

one of his butties has that well in hand...

Rep. Fred Upton Of St. Joseph Sells Out Mi Environment

Bows To Tea Party Pressure-Now Denies Global Climate Change And More

http://michiganmedicalmarijuana.org/topic/32430-rep-fred-upton-of-st-joseph-sells-out-mi-enviroment/page__pid__307132#entry307132

Schuette says, "Michigan's law enforcement community is rightly concerned about the sales and use of marijuana getting out of control, which puts everyone's safety at risk." Many people swallow this kind of talk without thinking, without bothering to ckeck the actual facts. Actually, from the point of view of law enforcement, marijuana use has been out of control for decades. The introduction of medical marijuana has actually contributed very little to the overall "problem" because the vast majority of patients where already users prior to becoming patients. Patients would be users even if it was still illegal to use. The introduction of mmj has not caused a stampede of new users and the collapse of the social order. Many many research studies show that the war on drugs and the criminalization of drugs causes more harm than problems it solves. The war on drugs is a total failure, yet people like Shuette know that coming across hard on crime sells big time to many voters who don't know any better. Too bad its not illegal for politicians to lie or distort the truth for their own purposes because that puts society at far greater risk of damaging consequences than a buzz. The fear and hatred many people have of weed is irrational and out of all proportion to reality. What is actually out of control is the baseless fears stupid humans like Shuetter have in their heads and the eagernes of others to replicate those fears in their own heads. Fear is contagious and can sweep over a crowd like a flash fire, far more so than weed ever could. The stupid ideas in some people's heads have far more power over humans than mj ever could.

Kurt

I wonder if Schuette has seen those little warning labels about driving on prescription antihistamines, antidepressants, opioid analgesics like Vicodin, and even bottles of synthetic 100% THC Marinol. Why is that warning valid for a highly-addictive, highly-impairing drug known on the streets as “Hillbilly Heroin” but not for herbal cannabis?

How BAD do things have to get before people WAKE UP??? The propaganda machine MUST BE STOPPED. These liars/TRAITORS MUST GO. I have an idea I need to work on that could possibly be a PSA. Is anyone working on PSA's?. We really need an outreach, media, public relations system in place. All the misinformation has to be dispelled, we have Truth, we have Facts, we have 63% approval of the voters. We cannot afford to lose ONE voter. We need brochures, some kind of fact sheet that can be given to anyone, opponents as well as supporters. Our AG, gov, and others are self serving, cowardly bullies, liars, greedy tyrants who will likely never be swayed, they're too entrenched in their own bullcrap. NOW is the time to start work on their removal. Oh darn I have to sign that petition to fire mr snyder.

How's MMMA TV setup progressing? How's the proposal to disbar schutte going? We have LOTS of tools to use, I hope someone with more know-how than me are using them. I'd love to be able to help and do more for the cause. All I can do is share my creative ideas, which I hope are of some value and use here. I need something to do. this community is the only family I have; I can't sit idly by while so much injustice is going on around me. In my life, I've seen more than my share of it. When will it end? How BAD do things have to get before ENOUGH PEOPLE DO SOMETHING that can really make a difference? Don't wait till it gets worse- PLEASE.

Sb

(Bill Schuette Quote ) "law enforcement is having to work overtime to protect the public from bad actors and criminals seeking to take advantage of the goodwill of the voters."

Well, even if we lose the libraries, historical society, and special needs programs,no money for teachers, social programs, or health care.And even if the past years of eradication efforts haven’t kept 1 out of 5 Michigan teenagers from smoking pot, at least these law enforcement officers are making some overtime getting out in the country on a nice sunny weekend. It’s not like they have anything else to attend to in Michigan.

If what Bill Schuette believes should apply to every citizen of the state was to be applied to Bill Schuette himself, he would not be eligible for his current office.

He would not have been eligible for an education. Leaving him to ask "would you like fries with that?"

He should first apply his brutality to himself and resign.

Is speaking with the community liaison officer from CTPD at our last community watch meeting off the record he said there has been no marked increase in crimes involving any aspect of the MMMA. He has been coming to our meetings for two years now and we trust him. He helped one resident get into a heroin rehad program and he has done clothing drives for some of our single parent homes.

The cop on the street he said who is able to speak out about cannabis will tell you he has more important crimes to concentrate on but at times they are directed to focus on marijuana users.

Because we are an easy target and unlike crack or other hard drug users, pill-heads to, we can more often than not pay fines and costs. and at other times like now, the politicians set LEO upon on us to bully us and to remind us who has the power.(for now)

This is another sexual offender site he gave us to use. We learned one resident is registered but had not done so at the local police station and was here for five months. He was picked up for not registering, he lived next door to the play ground. Our sales manager now uses the state system to check prospective buyers as they should of been doing all along.

http://www.crimereports.com/

He states a bunch of rhetoric but not a single bit of demonstrative evidence is presented. Since there is no evidence of his claims (he would have used it if he had any) he must have other motives. Like maybe the fact that the police, courts, and prisons are not going to continue getting the same revenue? Shame on Schuette taking away patients freedoms just for the money. Dishonorable tyrant best describes Schuette.

PUBLIC SAFETY

is a gray area and a matter of opinion!

is the reason we are in this drug war IN THE FIRST PLACE.......OPINIONS OF THE RICH, AFFLUENT AND INFLUENTIAL GOVERN PUBLIC POLICY...THEY'RE POLICIES GUARANTEE THEM FAT WALLETS AND FAT BANK ACCOUNTS -----THEY'RE POLICIES ARE DIRECTED BY THEIR BANK ACCOUNTS, ACCOUNTANTS, FRIENDS, FAMILY AND LAWYERS!

THEY CARE NOTHING OF THE COMMON MAN... ONLY... HOW TO PROFIT FROM HIS BIRTH, HARD LABOR AND DEATH:growl:

We are a commodity of the "job creators". They need to keep us in check so that they can have a reliable source of cheap labor. They don't want us to receive "free" food and medical care. They want us to have to do their bidding in order to eat and get medical care. They need to control all aspects of life so that they can maintain their control over the working class. The "dumbing down" of America has in part been orchestrated by these people. They don't want you to know the truth AND they don't want you to vote (take note of all the new voter suppression laws being passed in Republican controlled states). They don't believe all the religious crap being spewed either, but they want you to believe it because it is a way to control society, i.e. YOU. Like it or not, Republicans are the tools of the "job creator" class. How can anyone not see this? I hate to get all political and such, but politics is what it is all about.

We are a commodity of the "job creators". They need to keep us in check so that they can have a reliable source of cheap labor. They don't want us to receive "free" food and medical care. They want us to have to do their bidding in order to eat and get medical care. They need to control all aspects of life so that they can maintain their control over the working class. The "dumbing down" of America has in part been orchestrated by these people. They don't want you to know the truth AND they don't want you to vote (take note of all the new voter suppression laws being passed in Republican controlled states). They don't believe all the religious crap being spewed either, but they want you to believe it because it is a way to control society, i.e. YOU. Like it or not, Republicans are the tools of the "job creator" class. How can anyone not see this? I hate to get all political and such, but politics is what it is all about.

I want to know why the media is ignoring this! I've read the ones passed and the ones in the wings, this is scary! You want to talk about being muted!

These 'Laws' are what third world dictators use to maintain political control

I want to know why the media is ignoring this! I've read the ones passed and the ones in the wings, this is scary! You want to talk about being muted!

These 'Laws' are what third world dictators use to maintain political control

MSNBC covers the legislation being passed in the new Republican controlled states. Michigan is one of them. Wisconsin, Ohio, and Florida are some others. I think the media is either being bought off by the "ruling class" or viewers don't find it interesting enough to make the media cover it. So many Americans blithely go about their daily existence and don't even pay attention to what is going on around them that it makes it easy for politicians (mostly Republicans) to hoodwink them into believing things are being done in the average persons best interests. Oh boy! Wait until they wake up and realize it has been a con job all along. Sadly, it may be too late by then. Look at what "conservative" judges are doing to us. Republicans complain about "activist" liberal judges thwarting the intent of the constitution, but what exactly are conservative judges doing then? Judging is all about interpretation. Republican, conservative judges aren't exactly falling all over themselves to interpret laws in favor of the common man. They too seem to come down on the side of their benefactors (the rich). Hell, Clarence Thomas is blatantly taking money and not even trying too hard to cover it up!!!

We seem to be headed towards the third world model. One political party takes control and then institutes laws that make it impossible for any other party to have any influence. They stack the courts with their people and get laws interpreted the way they want. Controlling the media is a key part of their strategy to maintain control of society. This is hard to do in the internet age, but China is doing it effectively. Does any of this sound familiar to those who are not aware of third world political practices? We used to be mortal enemies of Communist China, but now we fawn over them like they are our best friends because they let us in to exploit their cheap labor and lax environmental laws. China is still a Communist country but we don't care anymore. We are able to fill our stores with cheap goods and the American consumer is happy.

One thing that conservatives have championed for a long time though is gun ownership. I have changed my mind on this subject. Given the way things are going, I am now glad that we are armed. One of the problems in third world countries is that the population isn't armed, making it easy for those in control of the Army/Police to have their way. Thank God that if we have to "rise up", we will have plenty of firepower. We really need bullet proof armor too, since the other side has that already.

MSNBC covers the legislation being passed in the new Republican controlled states. Michigan is one of them. Wisconsin, Ohio, and Florida are some others. I think the media is either being bought off by the "ruling class" or viewers don't find it interesting enough to make the media cover it. So many Americans blithely go about their daily existence and don't even pay attention to what is going on around them that it makes it easy for politicians (mostly Republicans) to hoodwink them into believing things are being done in the average persons best interests. Oh boy! Wait until they wake up and realize it has been a con job all along. Sadly, it may be too late by then. Look at what "conservative" judges are doing to us. Republicans complain about "activist" liberal judges thwarting the intent of the constitution, but what exactly are conservative judges doing then? Judging is all about interpretation. Republican, conservative judges aren't exactly falling all over themselves to interpret laws in favor of the common man. They too seem to come down on the side of their benefactors (the rich). Hell, Clarence Thomas is blatantly taking money and not even trying too hard to cover it up!!!

We seem to be headed towards the third world model. One political party takes control and then institutes laws that make it impossible for any other party to have any influence. They stack the courts with their people and get laws interpreted the way they want. Controlling the media is a key part of their strategy to maintain control of society. This is hard to do in the internet age, but China is doing it effectively. Does any of this sound familiar to those who are not aware of third world political practices? We used to be mortal enemies of Communist China, but now we fawn over them like they are our best friends because they let us in to exploit their cheap labor and lax environmental laws. China is still a Communist country but we don't care anymore. We are able to fill our stores with cheap goods and the American consumer is happy.

One thing that conservatives have championed for a long time though is gun ownership. I have changed my mind on this subject. Given the way things are going, I am now glad that we are armed. One of the problems in third world countries is that the population isn't armed, making it easy for those in control of the Army/Police to have their way. Thank God that if we have to "rise up", we will have plenty of firepower. We really need bullet proof armor too, since the other side has that already.

on the run up to Obamas election the neo-cons were busy buying out as many liberal talk show radio stations as possible-firing the staff and changing the format to sports or RUSH and the other HATERS.

MSNBC was recently bought out and we are seeing Olberman Leave and Rachael Maddow's show is center right except when she goes on a rant-

"The Families" own the Banks -society is controlled /steered by their minions who run all these organizations, political posts, churches, wall street and Media outlets Thru the "COUNCIL ON FOREIGN RELATIONS" creating policies and laws that usher in their new world order and re-education thru labor camps ..WAR, CHEAP LABOR, FEAR AND HUNGRY TIMES is coming to a world near you..............

IT IS ALWAYS HOW THEY BALANCE THE BOOKS!!! dont say i never warned you

It is about sound bites and wording when it comes to passing laws and bills who is going to vote against the child protection law of 2011? They use these words so the can blackmail the people that would vote against it if it were named what it should be named the lining our friends and partners act of 2011. Or the anti medical marijuana patient act of 2011. Both sides use it at times and it is moo poo! Knuckle up and do you GD job! Vote how the people of you district want you to tell them the truth not what some fat cat from the party or from big pharma tell you to tell them give facts and figures let us decide like we did when we voted prop 1 into effect. It is our state not the Republican parties not the Democrats the peoples. Stand up for your freedoms. Stand up for your rights. I was opposed to marijuana for years it cost me my first marriage (the ex would sleep with her dealer so he would not charge her as to keep me from knowing she was using) but I have seen and experienced the miracle this plant can perform. Not touched the pain from the tumor except mmj. Heck one drug they put me on has been pulled for causing deaths. Gee thanks you head won't hurt because your dead!

Archived