Jump to content

America’S Corporate And Political Elites Now Form A Regime Of Their Own And They’Re Privatizing Democracy


EdwardGlen
 Share

Recommended Posts

Ya say the oppression and persecutions are gettin' ya down bunky..take heart you're not alone!

 

STRIKE BACK JUNE 30TH

 

http://blog.cagle.com/2011/06/strike-back-on-june-30/

 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.

- John F. Kennedy

 

 

Grammy Award winner Muddy Waters was born in a ramshackle cabin not much bigger than a studio apartment in Rolling Fork, Mississippi. Growing up in early 20th century Issaquena County in the heart of the rural, impoverished Mississippi Delta, Muddy earned his name by playing in the mud as a child. As he rose to stardom, he became a staple of Mississippi’s music and an influence to countless others, inspired by hardscrabble living and empty pockets.

 

Nearly 100 years after Muddy Waters’ birth, Issaquena County hasn’t changed much. 2010 Census data ranks it as the 6th poorest county in the United States, with approximately 2,200 residents earning a median income at least $1,000 below the federal poverty line.

 

Life expectancies in some of Mississippi’s poorest Delta counties are even lower than those in Honduras, the third-poorest country in the Western Hemisphere. The same Census figures ranked neighboring Leflore County as the 7th poorest in the nation. Even in an era where we have space-age technology in our pockets, one community in Sunflower County, Mississippi still has no access to running water.

 

Though Mississippi is the nation’s poorest state, we aren’t alone in our squalor- those living in poverty in the United States outnumber the total population of Central America. Similar third-world living conditions have been described in major U.S. cities like Detroit and Cincinnati. So how are our elected leaders responding?

 

-Instead of helping Detroit out of poverty, Governor Rick Snyder is raising taxes on the poor and cutting $300 million from schools in order to give away $1.7 billion in corporate tax breaks.

 

-Instead of improving the quality of education for kids in Ohio’s public schools, Governor John Kasich is coddling trust fund brats. His budget ensures that 10,000 teachers will get pink slips while the estate tax is eliminated for Ohio’s wealthiest 8% of estates.

 

-In Texas, which houses two of the nation’s 10 poorest counties, Governor Rick Perry’s budget will eliminate almost 350,000 jobs within two years. He’s also giving an annual $1.4 million tax break to yacht owners.

 

-Republicans in the Minnesota legislature have proposed a draconian cuts-only budget, and refuse to accept Governor Mark Dayton’s modest 3% tax hike for the wealthiest Minnesotans. Without a budget agreement, the Minnesota government is expected to shut down beginning in July, putting 36,000 state employees on the street.

 

And of course, Governor Scott Walker and Republican lawmakers in Wisconsin just passed a budget in closed session that takes $800 million away from public schools and gives away $140 million in corporate tax breaks.

 

This is a coordinated assault- Republican Governors in Arizona, Florida, Kansas, Maine, Nevada, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Tennessee are all proposing equally unjust budgets that give money hand-over-fist to corporations and the super-rich while forcing thousands of state employees out of their jobs and depriving kids of a quality public education.

 

In his first inaugural address, Abraham Lincoln said, “This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or exercise their revolutionary right to overthrow it.”

 

America was founded on the premise that everyone has the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. When our leaders deprive us of that pursuit, we have an obligation to rebel. Will Americans continue our acquiescence to the tyranny of those who chip away at the foundations of democracy, or will we abide by the words of our founders and collectively fight back?

 

A call for international strike is spreading from the UK to the rest of the world, where nations will unite in protest of the cuts. A nonviolent, populist uprising is on the way. Where will you be on June 30?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not one single person I have talked to since the election admits to voting for Snyder. Someone voted for him. It wasn't me.

 

A very sad and shameful state of affairs and it's a clear cut conspiracy on a national scale by the mentioned governors against the state citizens...no theory about it. Fact is, 'We the People' just aren't fed up enough yet to do anything en masse to change things in a positive way. We're still too passive, complacent and addicted to convenience. We would not give up the t.v. remote in exchange for world peace.

 

I regularly write my elected officials to voice my displeasure over policy and have for many years as is my right. I'm not going too far in a wheelchair and I'm easy to find. Just look for the house with the unmarked black chopper hovering overhead.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Everyday I marvel at the fact that Americans are letting the Republicans get away with this stuff. The wealthy only account for 10% of the population, yet they get pretty much whatever they want these days. I can only surmise that this is happening because the other 90% don't care. It appears that change won't occur until things get so bad that people will be motivated to get out and vote for their own best interests. Every day I also wonder how bad things will have to get before this happens. My guess is: lots worse. In my life I have seen riots in the streets of America (Detroit - 1960's). I wonder if I will see them again? It's happening in Greece and economists say that we aren't that far removed from the situation that Greece is in.

 

Well, if things do get that bad I am all for a little leveling out of society. The wealthy need to be brought down a few pegs and the poor need to brought up a few. I REALLY want to see the wealthy brought down a few pegs. I want to see the smirks wiped off their faces. I want to see them go pale as they realize that the good life won't be so good for them anymore. I want to see Paris Hilton in line at the food bank. I think maybe I get too carried away with this stuff also.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Everyday I marvel at the fact that Americans are letting the Republicans get away with this stuff. The wealthy only account for 10% of the population, yet they get pretty much whatever they want these days. I can only surmise that this is happening because the other 90% don't care. It appears that change won't occur until things get so bad that people will be motivated to get out and vote for their own best interests. Every day I also wonder how bad things will have to get before this happens. My guess is: lots worse. In my life I have seen riots in the streets of America (Detroit - 1960's). I wonder if I will see them again? It's happening in Greece and economists say that we aren't that far removed from the situation that Greece is in.

 

Well, if things do get that bad I am all for a little leveling out of society. The wealthy need to be brought down a few pegs and the poor need to brought up a few. I REALLY want to see the wealthy brought down a few pegs. I want to see the smirks wiped off their faces. I want to see them go pale as they realize that the good life won't be so good for them anymore. I want to see Paris Hilton in line at the food bank. I think maybe I get too carried away with this stuff also.

 

We have the power to make the changes needed at the state and local levels with our vote to facilitate larger changes at the national level.

 

The democratic voter turn out for the mid terms was pathetic even though it wouldn't of mattered if almost all Dem supporters had turned out to vote because of the amount of votes cast for republican candidates by all different party voters.

 

well the American people have sobered up from the kool-Aid they drank poured out by the tea party and GOP and have realized how badly they lied to get into office.

 

The GOP/Tea Party lie about wanting fiscal responsibility and follow the constitution lasted about a minute because as soon as they took office they showed their true colors.

 

They added over a trillion dollars to our deficit by forcing the extension of the Bush tax cuts to the wealthy and pretty much shredded the constitution with implantation of EFM's and and passing laws that financially benefit the rich with tax breaks while they tax the poor, middle class, and elderly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I dont really think ppl dont care.. I think most that would speak out are too scared.. I think that when only 8 ppl in emmet county show up to support petoskeystoneds trial that they really do care they are just terrified to be in court in front of the local cops and judges saying i support this man.. The local cops and judges in emmet county then get to have their way with petoskeystoned or else they will turn their focus on you the supporter.. Please dont say ppl dont care.. Please keep in mind the survival instinct and FEAR the Leo impose on us..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I dont really think ppl dont care.. I think most that would speak out are too scared.. I think that when only 8 ppl in emmet county show up to support petoskeystoneds trial that they really do care they are just terrified to be in court in front of the local cops and judges saying i support this man.. The local cops and judges in emmet county then get to have their way with petoskeystoned or else they will turn their focus on you the supporter.. Please dont say ppl dont care.. Please keep in mind the survival instinct and FEAR the Leo impose on us..

 

Who said this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Everyday I marvel at the fact that Americans are letting the Republicans get away with this stuff. The wealthy only account for 10% of the population, yet they get pretty much whatever they want these days. I can only surmise that this is happening because the other 90% don't care. It appears that change won't occur until things get so bad that people will be motivated to get out and vote for their own best interests. Every day I also wonder how bad things will have to get before this happens. My guess is: lots worse. In my life I have seen riots in the streets of America (Detroit - 1960's). I wonder if I will see them again? It's happening in Greece and economists say that we aren't that far removed from the situation that Greece is in.

 

Well, if things do get that bad I am all for a little leveling out of society. The wealthy need to be brought down a few pegs and the poor need to brought up a few. I REALLY want to see the wealthy brought down a few pegs. I want to see the smirks wiped off their faces. I want to see them go pale as they realize that the good life won't be so good for them anymore. I want to see Paris Hilton in line at the food bank. I think maybe I get too carried away with this stuff also.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The more money the government has the more power, thus with money and power comes corruption and tyranny. I am all for tax cuts, it keeps the money out of the criminal's hands. But raising taxes on one population to give to another is asinine and disingenuous. Spending and corruption have got us into a bad financial situation, not tax cuts. History shows taxes oppress progress.

 

Truth be told, only the poor pay taxes. This is no more obvious than in tobacco taxes. Every time they raise taxes on tobacco, who pays it? The manufactures? Nope, the consumers. This is true with every product. Tax mobile oil, gas cost more. Tax GM, cars cost more. Put a tax on raw materials and everything cost more. What happened when they raised taxes on the alcohol industry? How about the phones companies? Taxes are always passed on. Those that think taxes cut into profits are not looking at the evidence. More taxes on anyone equals more taxes on everyone and in the end more money into the criminals hands that are attracted by these huge sums of money.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share



×
×
  • Create New...