Seeking Caregiver

Jeffrey Lebowski

I finally got my signed physicians letter yesterday and am seeking an experienced, quality caregiver. I simply want someone who is honest and fair. I don't someone who b.s.'s me just to get me to list them as my caregiver so they can grow more plants. I want someone who is truly compassionate to help me relieve myself of my many ailments. Don't exaggerate what you can do because if you can't provide me with what you say you can, I will simply just send in the change of caregiver form to the State and find someone else. Basically, don't b.s. me because I wont b.s. you. I live in Macomb and have a car so I wouldn't require delivery. Let me know what you could offer me. I've read that many c.g.'s will give their patients free meds once a month. That would be awesome. I'm a very loyal, friendly, trustworthy person and am looking for the same in a caregiver. I'd like someone who I can smoke and chill with for a few minutes when I pick up my meds. I smoke about a half a week. Reply to this post if you have a spot available and think that you could help me out. I'd like to send in my paperwork asap. And If there's anything else you'd like to know about me feel free to ask. Thanks.

Ok, well I'm new to all of this, so I really don't know. I just want someone that I can trust really, and an easy way to get to know a person for me is to smoke a doob with 'em and talk. But if that's not possible then it's no problem. And I thought that that the "free oz" did sound too good to be true but I've heard about it more than once. Thanks for replying.

Hey Jeffery.. dont lower your expectations one little bit.. Your post is honest and sincere.. I didnt think any one of your requests were unreasonable and i think you can find a caregiver exactly like you described. ALOT of ppl give free medicine to "their" Patients. Its very very common.. ALOT dont want to .. I dont know why but its true.. The ones that wont sit down with you at your or their house and smoke a doob.. I would stay far away from.. Gl to you.. Im pretty far away from you.

Blessings to you jeffery..

Ok, well I'm new to all of this, so I really don't know. I just want someone that I can trust really, and an easy way to get to know a person for me is to smoke a doob with 'em and talk. But if that's not possible then it's no problem. And I thought that that the "free oz" did sound too good to be true but I've heard about it more than once. Thanks for replying.

Welcome to the site JL ! In the real estate business they call it the hook... best of luck. More realistically ... as anywhere pretty much else, you will be lucky enough to get what you paid for. To expect much else, you are a gambler ... Now I gotta look forward to cleaning up three rooms of bug infested, mildewey old plants and see what I can salvage, PM me if you're interested...

Welcome to the site JL ! In the real estate business they call it the hook... best of luck. More realistically ... as anywhere pretty much else, you will be lucky enough to get what you paid for. To expect much else, you are a gambler ... Now I gotta look forward to cleaning up three rooms of bug infested, mildewey old plants and see what I can salvage, PM me if you're interested...

Hmm i also agree with this statement as well.. You should NEVER EVER sign a caregiver that you dont at least get to know a bit.. I hopeyou will go to some of your local compassion clubs and try to form a relationship with a caregiver before you make a decision. You should just send in your paperwork without a caregiver attestation for now .. A change form can be sent at any time and only costs 10 bones..

Hmm i also agree with this statement as well.. You should NEVER EVER sign a caregiver that you dont at least get to know a bit.. I hopeyou will go to some of your local compassion clubs and try to form a relationship with a caregiver before you make a decision. You should just send in your paperwork without a caregiver attestation for now .. A change form can be sent at any time and only costs 10 bones..

Thanks Annie. I was told that I could just list myself as a c.g. and change it if I needed to, but I thought that would be pointless since I live at my parents house and cant grow anyway. Sounds like it'd be a waste of time and $10. Figured I would just go with someone who seemed good and then just drop them if they didnt pan out. Is it that hard to find a good caregiver??! I would like to send in my paperwork asap so I can at least start going to some compassion clubs/dispensaries. What should I do?

well any good offers from your posting? If not.. i would send the paperwork in with you in possesion of your plants.. then i would search for a good caregiver.. whatever that means to you.. :-) the 10 bucks is spent either way if you rush to sign just anyoldbody.. on changing them off or on.. sooooooo i would take my time.. Most compassion clubs have open public meetings.. go to one and let them know what you are looking for.. and if that doesnt work.. go to another.. as a pt. who has paperwork that is 21 days old you can aquire from any source available to you.. jusst my 2 cents bro.. :-)

This is how it works....try several caregivers even many caregivers before you settle on one. You will weed out the jokers and find what works for you. Quality and consistentcy are first and foremost. Method of growing, organic nutrients, knowledge of the correct method of curing and drying are all important aspects of choosing a caregiver. Most ppl I meet think stuffing wet meds in a jar and opening and closing the jaris a cure

This is how it works....try several caregivers even many caregivers before you settle on one. You will weed out the jokers and find what works for you. Quality and consistentcy are first and foremost. Method of growing, organic nutrients, knowledge of the correct method of curing and drying are all important aspects of choosing a caregiver. Most ppl I meet think stuffing wet meds in a jar and opening and closing the jar is a cure...sorry to say, its not. To properly cure meds one merely has to controll the level of humidity for up to a week before the drying process.

Jeffery,

The free meds thing, if they say they will give you x amount of free meds each month, they are probably not legit and will end badly. What I do see commonly for free is if you pay for x amount, when you reach that they throw in extra for free. Reason is that growing costs money, and the grower has to recoup costs. So, when a CG takes you on, they add x expense and time to their grow, and need to cover that.

So once you pay that x expense off, there are sometimes overages that can be divided up. The only free meds deal I would consider is just that, you buy x amount at x price, and I throw in x amount free. Depends on the CG if that is buy 2 oz at x price and get 1/4 free, 1/2 free whatever. Buy 4 get 1 free. Some PT's just would rather have a good price always, instead of a higher price and a freebie once in a while. I normally recommend that, low price always.

Here's the best advice. Make sure that either you or the CG has a contract. Write out what you expect from them (after talking to them of course) and what they expect from you. For instance maybe the CG only takes calls after 5, so he doesn't want you calling after 5 pm. Put down things like how much notice he needs before a delivery/pickup. Put down expected payment and how much is expected per month.

Like you say you use about a 1/2 a week. So maybe in the contract you want to say that you will pickup at least 1 oz a month and have available up to 4 oz a month. Set out as many details as you can in this contract.

Now, it is probable that this contract will never go to court, even if this ends badly, however, you have in writing, and signed by both of you what to expect. That way 3 months down the road you aren't saying "But 3 months ago you said this, and that, and your screwing me over". Instead you pull out the signed contract and say, 3 months ago, you signed this and you aren't holding up to your end of the bargain. Then there is no he said/she said, it is no argument, just facts as signed.

Cedar

I am gonna try and be one of the caregivers that does not say I will give X amount FREE monthly but I guarantee there will be plently free as surprises. Like the others say if someone says they will give you like 1-2-3oz a month free then more than likely they will leave you hangin after giving you your first months free. I have seen it happen to friends and I am sure others have also. Also make sure you can call this person and if they call you back in a timely manner.I would offer you but I only have 3 small plants coming down in a month and just started working on my grow room. I am on Monroe Area. Good luck man you sound like a good guy

I finally got my signed physicians letter yesterday and am seeking an experienced, quality caregiver. I simply want someone who is honest and fair. I don't someone who b.s.'s me just to get me to list them as my caregiver so they can grow more plants. I want someone who is truly compassionate to help me relieve myself of my many ailments. Don't exaggerate what you can do because if you can't provide me with what you say you can, I will simply just send in the change of caregiver form to the State and find someone else. Basically, don't b.s. me because I wont b.s. you. I live in Macomb and have a car so I wouldn't require delivery. Let me know what you could offer me. I've read that many c.g.'s will give their patients free meds once a month. That would be awesome. I'm a very loyal, friendly, trustworthy person and am looking for the same in a caregiver. I'd like someone who I can smoke and chill with for a few minutes when I pick up my meds. I smoke about a half a week. Reply to this post if you have a spot available and think that you could help me out. I'd like to send in my paperwork asap. And If there's anything else you'd like to know about me feel free to ask. Thanks.

Hey Jeff,

Keep in mind you need a patient-healthcare professional relationship, legal, and operated pretty much like other medical clinics, complete with records, accountable inventory, and most appropriate medicine for your needs, etc.

How often are you planning to fill your prescription? I'm completing a start-up business plan for a caregiver(Metro-Detroi); your reply would validate some stats for me.

It's a business, love your input. - Specialk

Thanks for all the responses, especially Annie & LongHairBri.

ScrogBubbles, you seem like a dick.

I have found a caregiver that lives nearby me that I am going to go with. If it doesn't work out then The Dude will be back on this wonderful forum seeking your help once again. But I really don't foresee any problems because he seems very fair, and very cool.

It took a little while but I started getting many responses and if you haven't heard back from me it's either because I didn't have the time, or because you misspelled words. Actually, the majority of the responses that I receieved contained many misspelled words, and those responses really pissed me off! :growl: HAH! Anyways, peace2all -Jeffrey Lebowski

Edited by Jeffrey Lebowski

Thanks for all the responses, especially Annie & LongHairBri.

ScrogBubbles, you seem like a dick.

I have found a caregiver that lives nearby me that I am going to go with. If it doesn't work out then The Dude will be back on this wonderful forum seeking your help once again. But I really don't foresee and problems because he seems very fair, and very cool.

It took a little while but I started getting many responses and if you haven't heard back from me it's either because I didn't have the time, or because you misspelled words. Actually, the majority of the responses that I receieved contained many misspelled words, and those responses really pissed me off! :growl: haha! Anyways, peace2all -Jeffrey Lebowski

So you wont allow any grammar challenged caregivers to grow for you got it ! :thumbsu::rolleyes:

FYI please lets not have any more name calling reguardless of others poor attitudes fights start caps buttons are unleashed and thats unproductive and does nothing but clutters up the forums .

57029172.jpg

lol, Hell No I wouldn't want to start an online fued with a stupid person... They'll drag me down to their level and beat me with experience! And I was exaggerating, somewhat, on the grammar issue. But when it gets to a certain point it does say something about a persons (lack of) intelligence. Thanks again to everyone and I just wanna add that I think this is a great forum and the best place to start for someone like me who's just gettin' their feet wet with legal medical marijuana. Everyone seemed very helpful and all of my newbie questions have been answered. Muchas gracias!

I am new to this myself and am currently in the process of getting my caregivers license and i am still seeking my first initial patient to qualify. i have apprenticed in care giving for many years with family and i am trying to start providing help on my own. I know how to grow quality and potent medicinal marijuana at very low cost 5-10/g consistently. depending on the strains you would want, the yield and frequency of harvest will vary slightly depending, but let me if you are interested in consistent friendly inexpensive business. i would be growing out of the boyne city area but am very flexible to deliver, pick up, meet, whatever make it work let me know if ur interested. moodles@verizon.net 813 240 4453