96 Plant Grow Trashed In Detroit Warehouse

pic book

"I believe in Detroit?" Really, really I do, or that's the attitude of the official Detroitians who came up with the campaign. But the billboards of that 'pull Detroit up by its positive thinking' campaign? They leave something out. The signs should read: I believe in Detroit there's something I can scrap and I'm not too discriminating what it is. Yesterday during daylight scrappers proved they will even 96 plants in various stages of growth right out of their pots and take nothing else but what they orignally came for, a bit of scrap metal, which at it's price today of $3 a pound, is too great a draw. I learned last night 9 pm from the other CG involved in our grow in mid-town Detroit that some scrappers got lucky, but also were stupid. What value can they get from most of the 96 destroyed, non-flowering or weeks yet-to-go Kush and Lemon Cake?

When CG arrived afternoon for a security tour, in the back he found a section of chain link gates and its top wires missing. Taken sometime after 8 am that morning. Next to that same far end of the building on the exterior of the free-standing warehouse he found metal window frames and glass lying in the alley. Sections of windows 8' x 10' in frames a foot square lay bowed and bent, blocking the alley, glass and concrete pieces and security screening that had protected them, strewn about. Once inside he found a chained in, solid steel 1500 lb door missing and then of course, the door to the grow missing. The 96 plants in all stages of growth were gone too, and the pot's dirt gapped with holes in the center where the strains had beeen ripped out by the roots, all the way from teenagers to ready to harvest JL 10, JL 30 and every 20 days out. They could have taken the 5's but the 55's? A pickup just isn't that big. They took the steel door, some steel screens, the plants ripped out and useless, and the equipment that had any metal to it.

So...nine of our signed patients on welfare or SS Disability only, with MS, cancer, glaucoma, who have cards but slight cash or none to buy meds--to whom we've been supplying 2 free ounces per month (we have missed supplying the full free amount a few times due to grow problems--but nothing this big of a "grow problem") are, due to this monster problem going to go dry, as I myself, a patient, until we can get back up again. If we can.

In Detroit one frequently sees scrappers driving vans and pikups about, loaded with various metal debris. Have even called in police reports myself when I've seen pickups with a chain on the bumper hitch hooked to the expanded metal screen serving as security for a commercial warehouse. A month ago I noticed scrapers hitting a nearby building. It took me two personal visits to one precinct station and 20 calls to 911 and as many calls to that closest precinct to cause Detroit cops to show up 5 days after my first call, and those same scrappers were still there, ripping away at that buildings' expanded metal security screens! Tearing them out by driving their pickup away with a chain hooked to their trailer hitch, teh other end interwoven in the openings of the expanded metal screening. Every screen that came loose did so with a shower of bricks and broken concrete.

So I'm not the only one whose building has been "salvaged" by some beggar with a pickup and a chain. But what they found inside suprised them, cost me a grow stolen and uselessly savaged. Patients counting on me to supply them what they cannot buy for themselves have a long upcoming dry spell, as do I, since I depended upon that grow as I too am a patient.

So I beilivbe in Detroit there is great need. For police who respond, for parents who teach you don't take what isn't yours, guarded by an armed guard or not; for schools who educate sufficiently so that its graduates can compete in something other than being the first to see something to steal. For socialization that causes people to believe the destruction we do to others hurts us ourselves just as much as our direct target. One of our patients could be the grandmother or uncle to one of the supple suckers who did this vandalism.

I am so sorry to hear this, that is terrible. Thank you for taking the time to share this warning, hopefully it saves a grow from a similar fate... those scrappers really are ruthless, 1500lb door gone... :(

All that time and money wasted.... a few cameras and a cell phone could have prevented all this..1500$ could have saved u what???

All that time and money wasted.... a few cameras and a cell phone could have prevented all this..1500$ could have saved u what???

Do you live in Detroit? Cameras are worthless.... well nearly worthless.

I'm so sorry to hear all this. My clones are free to you whenever you get going again. I wish I had meds to offer. I'm sure someone here can help take care of you and your patients.

I'm so sorry to hear all this. My clones are free to you whenever you get going again. I wish I had meds to offer. I'm sure someone here can help take care of you and your patients.

Ya I'm in Detroit installing those "worthless" systems all the time..

Its funny how quick the thief's leave, when they see the camera. The newer motion tracking ones really get there eye.. "man that thing is following me"..:startle:

There is some nice stuff for alot less than any one thinks.

Yeah check out ebay lol its where I will be getting my camera system from when I do get it

thinks to look for if u buy from ebay...

min of 480 t.v. lines resolution on the cameras ..520-600 is pretty good..

on the dvr or recording device make sure it records 30 "fps" on each channel of the dvr.. 30 fps is real time ..anything less is crappy.

and even the best systems looks like crap when a novice installs them.. and even the worst system looks good when a pro installs it..

Yes, I live in Detroit at Fort at Junction, Clark exit off I-75, mile West of Ambassador Bridge. Could receive cuttings (or clones) tomorrow or any day when it works for you. (Someone just dropped off a used aerojet cloner and is already set up (empty) at other CG's house). Also, the other CG's uncle had on hand a new motion detector in box, with dual 140 decible alarms for install outside the building, plus battery back-up, just gave to us, we will install Monday and Tuesday. I've cried today first in a long time.

If you want my phone no. and complete directions just send PM.

Thankyou.

No offer of meds yet so have appmt to look into moving the patients (who due to low income meet our qualifications to get their 2 oz free monthly from us) to other metro CG who says has the capacity to service them in the same way (for free) as we have been doing. So much better than giving them "so sorry" excuses for 2-3 months. It may work out well, or at least OK, for the patients after all. When I bot three aluminum 50 gallon C02 tanks ($250 each) never gave a thot to them being worth $60 each as scrap. Just thot aluminum is so much lighter than the steel ones I could not even lift. Live and learn the bad people think so differently.

One thing I wonder... if the cops had shown up responding to a report of a B&E, would they have hit you with manufacture since it was no longer a locked, enclosed facility? I'm afraid to find out the answer, considering what they did to Barb Agro.

A thought for future security systems - a booby trap that hoses the thief down with brilliant neon paint (for identification), turns on a fog machine (no vision), blares alarms (no hearing) and knocks out all the lights (foreboding). Maybe a timer to set off a bunch of electrically ignited firecrackers in case they're still there after 15 seconds or so. Yeah, it'd be a lot of work to setup, but I doubt anyone would stick around to find out whether the cops could spot the bright pink leprechaun before he got gunned down by the crazy grower going wild with a "gun."

One thing I wonder... if the cops had shown up responding to a report of a B&E, would they have hit you with manufacture since it was no longer a locked, enclosed facility? I'm afraid to find out the answer, considering what they did to Barb Agro.

A thought for future security systems - a booby trap that hoses the thief down with brilliant neon paint (for identification), turns on a fog machine (no vision), blares alarms (no hearing) and knocks out all the lights (foreboding). Maybe a timer to set off a bunch of electrically ignited firecrackers in case they're still there after 15 seconds or so. Yeah, it'd be a lot of work to setup, but I doubt anyone would stick around to find out whether the cops could spot the bright pink leprechaun before he got gunned down by the crazy grower going wild with a "gun."

The neon paint idea could be a problem. A "booby trap" is illegal and should some injury occur from that paint you could be charged criminally. All the rest would be okay as they don't actually make potentially dangerous contact with the persons body. Even though you suggest using paint which most likely would cause no harm it would probably be viewed much the same as setting up a shotgun to fire when the door is open.

Archived