Insomnia! Does Anyone Else Have This Problem?

I started having issues with sleeping while taking care of my mom. She had Alzheimer's and I was her primary caregiver. Brian would give me breaks and I would catch naps here and there but at the end I was awake more than I was asleep.

Now 1 1/2 years later I am still struggling with sleeping issues. I get so tired but sleep still evades me. My doc has tried me on all kinds of meds to get me to sleep right now I am taking 30 mgs of Pamelor at bedtime but I only average 3 1/2 - 4 hours of sleep on that. The doc wants me to up that dose to 40 mgs. but I am afraid to.

What do you do to help you sleep?

Thanks,

Skipper

i'm not sure if insomnia is the exact thing i have, but i for sure have problems sleeping. i'm always out of energy, but can rarely fall asleep easily...especially at night time. for me personally, nothing helps me sleep better. i just have to keep my eyes shut by force until i fall asleep :(

when i do fall asleep i'm able to stay asleep for a long time though, unlike what you've mentioned. not sure what to tell ya buddy. i would say ask a doc, but you've mentioned that as well. sorry for the lack of advice.

I make cannabutter (3/4 lb - 1 lb cuttings per lb of butter) and eat 1/2 a cookie each night 2 hours before bed..put me into a deep sleep...for about 5 years i could only sleep an hour or 2 and wake up eat , sit,lay around,toss and turn ..good night get 3-5 hours of sleep...with cannabutter i sleep 7-8 every night waking only once to eat..(im a bodybuilder tho so the eating comes natural as i shovel food in my mouth all day)i refuse to take sleeping pills as there addictive..i smoke rarely if at all..i only eat medibles

• 2 weeks later...

Cap'N Kush, I used to go days without sleep at a time (over 5 days once and no I wasn't a stimulant user, not even coffee), then crash for way too long and it'd start the whole cycle over again. When I stayed on a strict schedule - only slept during the allowed times - things definitely settled down some. The key was to be extremely strict about it, no exceptions for any reason ever.

I've had insomnia my entire life.

What works for me:

-Exercise. If you're not exercising (even taking a walk) several times a week then it's time to start.

-Indicas. Northern Lights will knock me out.

-Melatonin. I second this. It's an all natural chemical. It's cheap and it works. I usually bite a 3MG pill in half and that's all I need. Side effects are morning drowsiness and vivid dreams. The drowsiness is not as bad as what you get from prescription sleep aids or Tylenol PM.

-Reading in bed. This really helps me drift off to sleep. You want to stay away from brightly lit screens (PC, TV, cell, etc) for at least a half hour before bed.

Archived