Grow Room Security

confused

Ive heard that the police are trying to arrest patients /caregivers over tent grows with secured locked zippers so if i were you id have it in a secured locked room or closet with a padlock or deadbolt my grow room is behind not just one but two padlocked doors with two pitbulls running free as a further deterant to rippers .

I wouldn't do the cloth idea, even my veg tents are in a room behind a locked door with locks on the actual tents as well. Some people see the law as your exterior home doors would count as a closed locked facility, others see it at fort knox is the only one. I'd rather be safe then sorry. If you're planning on building walls like that within a room just buy a cheap $10 locking handle with keys to the room, if its a basement, put a door to the stairway, regardless I'd make sure there's at least 1 set of keys required to get to wherever you are trying to put it.

A note about door locks....

At least one attorney has mentioned to me that growers should get door handles that operate with a code and not a key. Home depot and others sell these handles. The reasoning is that it's much harder for LEO to prove who has access to the room if nobody has keys. They can easily find a key on anyone, maybe one you lost or was stolen, but they can't find a number that's in your head.

I liked the idea and now have one on my room.

At least one attorney has mentioned to me that growers should get door handles that operate with a code and not a key. Home depot and others sell these handles. The reasoning is that it's much harder for LEO to prove who has access to the room if nobody has keys. They can easily find a key on anyone, maybe one you lost or was stolen, but they can't find a number that's in your head.

A friend suggested the same thing to me, brilliant idea! Peace ... j.b.

p.s. Brad, I still owe you some pictures, gotta download them soon.

• 1 year later...

I know this topic is old, but I recently had state troopers in my grow room on unrelated business.  If the sign on the door wasn't obvious enough, the smell sure was, and they asked to see my card and wanted to count plants to verify I was in compliance.  I let them know I wasn't pleased with their intrusion but I had nothing to hide so I consented just to get them to leave ASAP.  They were impressed with my attention to security.  I have the following security items associated with my grow room:

1. 4 channel DVR video surveillance system with infrared cameras covering all three building entrances and grow room.408120_582071451817536_306382850_n.jpg

2. Two signs certifying strict compliance with the MMMA.  One sign is on the door to the bedroom where my girlfriend and I store our useable meds (we're both patients), and the other sign is on the grow room door.  You have to go through the bedroom door to get to the grow room door.

408055_582071471817534_1306002705_n.jpg

3. Secure keyless locksets on the bedroom and grow room doors.

310710_582071431817538_116534144_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I know this topic is old, but I recently had state troopers in my grow room on unrelated business.  If the sign on the door wasn't obvious enough, the smell sure was, and they asked to see my card and wanted to count plants to verify I was in compliance.  I let them know I wasn't pleased with their intrusion but I had nothing to hide so I consented just to get them to leave ASAP.  They were impressed with my attention to security.  I have the following security items associated with my grow room:

1. 4 channel DVR video surveillance system with infrared cameras covering all three building entrances and grow room.408120_582071451817536_306382850_n.jpg

2. Two signs certifying strict compliance with the MMMA.  One sign is on the door to the bedroom where my girlfriend and I store our useable meds (we're both patients), and the other sign is on the grow room door.  You have to go through the bedroom door to get to the grow room door.

408055_582071471817534_1306002705_n.jpg

3. Secure keyless locksets on the bedroom and grow room doors.

310710_582071431817538_116534144_n.jpg

Why the hell would you let them in if you were compliant?

• 2 weeks later...

I always wondered how a camera surveillance system was supposed to stop a real criminal.  If it was the high school kid down the street, you might allow to catch them, but a real criminal laughs at video cameras.

If it's not a real criminal, chances are it's an inside job.  Actually, chances are, any grow room break-in is an inside job.  It's someone that knows you and knows you have a grow room and knows when you won't be home.  Most of the people that would steal from you. already know you have the cameras, and will take precautions.

The camera, at best, is only going to help identify an inexperienced  crook.  To me it doesn't seem worth it.  That's me though.