Is Mm Worth Relocating?

Hi all,

Without a doubt the benefits of med. marijuana far outweigh the pills and treatments dosed out by conventional Drs. here. So my husband and I have been thinking about relocating to Michigan.

Any thoughts or endorsements? I've been looking at the Ann Arbor area but could be persuaded to move elsewhere :)

Just looking for some advice from the locals.

Thanks!

Hi all,

Without a doubt the benefits of med. marijuana far outweigh the pills and treatments dosed out by conventional Drs. here. So my husband and I have been thinking about relocating to Michigan.

Any thoughts or endorsements? I've been looking at the Ann Arbor area but could be persuaded to move elsewhere :)

Thanks!

Thye Ann Arbor area seems to be one of the most friendly areas of the state.

Another area that seems friendly is Traverse City.

I live outside the Ann Arbor area.

Hi all,

Thanks!

First ... Welcome " Miss Riss " to MMMA 2.0

I'm not sure i could honestly suggest moving to Michigan ?

Alot would depend on how well you are financially and your Lifestyle ...

I don't think Michigan has alot jobs availiable ?

Wait until January.

You'll want to know which of the restrictive MMJ laws Michigan's Tyrannical State Government is going to be able to foist on the citizens of this spectacular peninsular wonderland.

Guest 1TokeOverLine

Worst unemployment rate in the nation and bleak job opportunities, gestapo law enforcement with the most liberal "drug" seizure laws in the nation. The mass exodus to better states continues with no signs of letting up.

MI is truly a police state where, if you are poor, you are guilty unless you can prove otherwise.

DSS and CPS pounce on opportunities to take children out of the home, especially if MJ is in the home.

MI also has a zero tolerance drugged driving law, with no chance to fight it in courts.

When MI wanted appropriations to build and expand prisons, the WI senator suggested they just build a fence around the state.

MI taxes everything they can, and are trying to tax things they can't. If you purchase on the internet, they will find you and ruin your credit for "back taxes". Over half the population works for the state or law enforcement.

MI has some of the longest and most miserable winters in the nation, with road infrastructure to match the extreme conditions.

MI has some of the most corrupt politicians and cops in the nation.

Think long and hard about moving merely for medical cannabis, there are more favorable medical marihuana states around.

If you are a middle class retiree, MI is a fair state to move to, but keep in mind that they tax pensions and estates, as well as a "death tax". If you don't have a Living Trust, your will and estate will go into LONG probate and the state/attorneys WILL get 90% of the estate after all is settled.

MI is a vacation paradise, with beautiful lakes and recreation areas, and some of the friendliest residents in the nation.

If you smoke, MI will charge you $70-100 for a carton of cigarettes, and you will be lucky to find a place where smoking is allowed. Gasoline and food prices are in the top 40% of the nation, surpassed only by California, Florida, and New York.

MI is not a friendly personal freedom state, MI politicians try every year to chip away at your rights in your own home.

I would move to a more temperate climate, with resident friendly laws, lower cost of living and less retirement taxes.

If your only reason for relocating to MI is medical cannabis, MI will ruin your life and career and try to lock you up as quickly as they can.

Other than that, MI ain't the worst place you could be.

But that's just me being an old fart, I calls 'em as I sees 'em.

1T

if you are moving here to be a patient, or a "compassionate" caregiver, then we welcome you.

if you are one of the thousands of chumps moving to this state in an attempt to get rich of selling medi-pot, then get lost and don't let the door hit your @SS on the way out!

Hi all,

Thanks!

First off, as one newbie to another, welcome. As with any state, Michigan has its good points and bad points. In regards to Marijuana, it all depends on which county you live in. I live in Wayne County and for the most part the police have live and let live attitude. I live in Detroit. One of the ad vanages of a big city is that the police have serious crime to deal with and don't have time to go looking for plants. If the thought of a high crime rate troubles you, I would suggest the suburbs with the exception of Oakland County. I lived Oakland County for twelve years and decided that for reasons of personal freedom I had to move.

Hi all,

Thanks!

if you're paying tons of money for those pills and treatments then moving to michigan and becoming a mm patient/caregiver could help financially. of course, the economy here sucks for finding jobs though. also, of course, medical marijuana is much better for your health then those pills are

as for the location, i'm not really sure which counties are mm friendly and which aren't. so, i'd pay attention to what some of these other people are saying about that ;)

Ann Arbor is a great area. Friendly, beautiful, some jobs, in the top 5 safest cities in the U.S., college town, neat shops and restaurants, and semi-marijuana friendly. Negatives are a higher cost of living then some areas and you can not go anywhere in the city during football games.

Worst unemployment rate in the nation and bleak job opportunities, gestapo law enforcement with the most liberal "drug" seizure laws in the nation. The mass exodus to better states continues with no signs of letting up.

MI is truly a police state where, if you are poor, you are guilty unless you can prove otherwise.

DSS and CPS pounce on opportunities to take children out of the home, especially if MJ is in the home.

MI also has a zero tolerance drugged driving law, with no chance to fight it in courts.

When MI wanted appropriations to build and expand prisons, the WI senator suggested they just build a fence around the state.

MI taxes everything they can, and are trying to tax things they can't. If you purchase on the internet, they will find you and ruin your credit for "back taxes". Over half the population works for the state or law enforcement.

MI has some of the longest and most miserable winters in the nation, with road infrastructure to match the extreme conditions.

MI has some of the most corrupt politicians and cops in the nation.

Think long and hard about moving merely for medical cannabis, there are more favorable medical marihuana states around.

If you are a middle class retiree, MI is a fair state to move to, but keep in mind that they tax pensions and estates, as well as a "death tax". If you don't have a Living Trust, your will and estate will go into LONG probate and the state/attorneys WILL get 90% of the estate after all is settled.

MI is a vacation paradise, with beautiful lakes and recreation areas, and some of the friendliest residents in the nation.

If you smoke, MI will charge you $70-100 for a carton of cigarettes, and you will be lucky to find a place where smoking is allowed. Gasoline and food prices are in the top 40% of the nation, surpassed only by California, Florida, and New York.

MI is not a friendly personal freedom state, MI politicians try every year to chip away at your rights in your own home.

I would move to a more temperate climate, with resident friendly laws, lower cost of living and less retirement taxes.

If your only reason for relocating to MI is medical cannabis, MI will ruin your life and career and try to lock you up as quickly as they can.

Other than that, MI ain't the worst place you could be.

But that's just me being an old fart, I calls 'em as I sees 'em.

1T

:goodjob:

Archived