Captain Kirk "free Seed" Grow

SparklyBuds

Here are some pics of my Captain Kirks, thanks Afi!

We planted them 2 1/2 weeks ago, they started sprouting two days later, and yesterday I noticed a late sprouter coming up. We planted them in Promix HP in a little plastic greenhouse. 6/10 of the Kirks came up, along with a couple each of the OGKush & White Widow.

post-24642-0-81312600-1310466168_thumb.jpg

post-24642-0-38637500-1310466244_thumb.jpg

The one looks funky; we took the seed case off because it never came off by itself & I think it got a little scrunched in there.

The others are doing good aside from a couple leaves taking a 90* turn to the right, or looking a little wavy. Does anyone know why they do that?

The Kush is the biggest so far, it's growing faster than the others.

They are Viper Venom seeds

Capt. Kirk- VipersVenom x Island Sweet Skunk

added this but not sure which cut is the VV

VipersVenom bx1.1- VV cut x VV/Blckbrry/Burmese

VipersVenom bx1.2- VV cut x VV/ISS

I will be watching this post, I just started soaking Viper venom purple haze seeds.

Good luck :))

Looking good Sparkly Buds. I can`t wait to see these girls grow up. The mutant is fairly common when you pop seeds. They will usually grow out of it. A little tip when you help the helmet off a seedling always wash your hands well first and then slowly drip water over the seed to try and saturate the membrane between the shell and the seedling or you can damage the seedling but it looks like you did a good job. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Peace, Afi

Looking good Sparkly Buds. I can`t wait to see these girls grow up. The mutant is fairly common when you pop seeds. They will usually grow out of it. A little tip when you help the helmet off a seedling always wash your hands well first and then slowly drip water over the seed to try and saturate the membrane between the shell and the seedling or you can damage the seedling but it looks like you did a good job. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Peace, Afi

Hi Afi just want to say thanks again. will be in touch soon

Afi, thanks for the tip! Didn't know about wetting the seed shell first. Husband did it, he's done that before & I'm too twitchy ;)

Here's the Latest pics

OG Kushs, at 18 days old post-24642-0-15241000-1311090067_thumb.jpg

And the Capt. Kirks, 5 of 7 of them...

the other 2 are just little, late sprouters post-24642-0-64779100-1311090068_thumb.jpg

on their first /second set of leaves

The tallest 2 Kirks are 23 days old.

Couldn't upload the White Widow pics... too close to "Global Upload Quota" ??

• 3 weeks later...

Here they are at about six weeks old...

gallery_24642_901_12130.jpg

Think they are cal/mag deficient - the grow store was out when we went to get some. They said everyone's having cal/mag trouble this year because of the heat, it causes the nutes to "lock" in the soil?

Speaking of soil, I found out I'm not growing in "soil" --- it is ProMix potting soil. I'm blaming my old man for my confusion since he always calls it "dirt". But apparently dirt & potting mix are two different things... Is it that dirt has nutrients and potting soil doesn't?

Some of the plants are showing signs of sex... this is one we're pretty sure is female:

gallery_24642_901_13080.jpg

They are growing like crazy since we started giving them better nutrients... have to move the lights up every day!

Looking nice Sparkly Buds!!! I can`t see good enough in the pic to tell if it is a female or not. If it has a teardrop shape with a hair coming out it is female, if it has what looks like a little ball on a stick it is a male. How long are you gonna wait to flower those? I believe it will stretch a bit being it has Island sweet skunk in the mix so you may not want to wait too long unless you want to grow trees.

Keep up the good work. :thumbsu:

Peace,

Afi

Looking nice Sparkly Buds!!! I can`t see good enough in the pic to tell if it is a female or not. If it has a teardrop shape with a hair coming out it is female, if it has what looks like a little ball on a stick it is a male. How long are you gonna wait to flower those? I believe it will stretch a bit being it has Island sweet skunk in the mix so you may not want to wait too long unless you want to grow trees.

Keep up the good work. :thumbsu:

Peace,

Afi

Yeah, we were hoping to clone & start blooming before now... Gotta make a trip to the grow store this week for Clonex, potting soil, and cal/mag. The "parents" will stay in veg, just bloom the clones. Even once we clone them, then we gotta let the clones veg for a week or something before blooming I think.

Got one of each strain that's for sure female with the teardrop / hair; some others we're not sure yet - my old man's down there everyday looking for signs. :watching: haha. I'm more laid back, figure we'll know for sure once they're blooming.

• 1 month later...

The ladies are looking good.... This Capt Kirk has been blooming for 3 weeks... buds getting bigger every day ! :thumbsu:

gallery_24642_951_34568.jpg

And here's an OG Kush... been blooming for 4 weeks! Really good crystal development, small leaves looking sugary.

gallery_24642_951_191769.jpg

Capt Kirks are looking more Indica & the Kushs are looking more Sativa - I have no info on the OG KUsh. It was from a farmer's market..... so if you've grown OG Kush before, any info would be appreciated so I can tell if I really have what I think I have . And White Widow too, again, that was from a farmer's market & I know nothing.....

And we have Widows blooming but I forgot to get a pic :) I'll get one when the lights kick back on tonight.

Yup - got a little bit of the OG Kush & White Widow a few months back & found a few seeds. So, not sure of the exact heritage of those ones.

Cool thanks for the link. Once we mixed a small bag of topsoil in with our potting soil, when we were low on potting soil & needed to transplant. That worked okay, and also helped the plants stay in place; as the plants got bigger, they started falling over within the bags, because they were top heavy & the soil was light & fluffy.

Archived