Blue Dream Alternative

Nix

I got a hold of a clone of Blue Dream almost a year ago and have not been able to produce a reliable crop of it yet. The clones love to die, the mother plant grows incredibly slow, and I am basically having no luck with it. It could be a matter of a poor mother, but I have heard that the strain can be difficult. I finally gave up and started budding the mother.

My patients and I love this strain though. It's totally unique. It has a strong and uplifting head high that is not overpowering and the great body sensation and lovely smell that comes from the blueberry. Blue Dream is a Blueberry Haze cross with Super Silver Haze being the likely genetic contributor. It is still a clone only strain so I can't start over from seed as I would like to do. So can any growers familiar with Blue Dream recommend a replacement for my garden?

Thanks in advance.

Have you tried a lot of hazes? I've never been to blown away by blue dream when compared to Super Silver, Nevilles haze is amazing, but 14-16 week phenos are the only ones worth keeping and they're not easy to grow. Critical Haze is brilliant if you want something that produces monster buds but still has a very hazy high, the only real benefit of blue dream was that it flowered more like an indica then a sativa, great bag appeal and still a sativa high. I do know Riot seeds is basically founded on the Blue Dream strain, they have an S1 thats rarely in stock anywhere, but that would be your best bet if your stuck on it, they also have a few crosses with it as well.

Have you tried a lot of hazes? I've never been to blown away by blue dream when compared to Super Silver, Nevilles haze is amazing, but 14-16 week phenos are the only ones worth keeping and they're not easy to grow. Critical Haze is brilliant if you want something that produces monster buds but still has a very hazy high, the only real benefit of blue dream was that it flowered more like an indica then a sativa, great bag appeal and still a sativa high. I do know Riot seeds is basically founded on the Blue Dream strain, they have an S1 thats rarely in stock anywhere, but that would be your best bet if your stuck on it, they also have a few crosses with it as well.

I like the effects of the hazes, but I despise how much they stretch and how long they take to flower. I don't care to go past 10-12 weeks personally. I'm currently growing NL5 x Haze but everyone says such good things about SSH and SLH that I should probably give those a go. Thanks!

I like the effects of the hazes, but I despise how much they stretch and how long they take to flower. I don't care to go past 10-12 weeks personally. I'm currently growing NL5 x Haze but everyone says such good things about SSH and SLH that I should probably give those a go. Thanks!

SLH from greenhouse is garbage, stay away from anything greenhouse, their super silver isn't anything like the original either, when Shanti left Greenhouse he tooks his mothers with him and formed Mr. Nice Seeds with an investor and Neville Shoenmaker. Get Mr. Nice Super Silver if you want to try that, I would recommend steering clear of SLH unless its breed by a reputable breeder, but GHS is garbage, I always heard it, tried for myself, was terribly disappointed. Mr Nice is amazing, anything he breeds is near gold. Black Widow = Original White Widow, Medicine man = Original White Rhino, Shark Shock = Original Great White Shark, Critical Mass = Better Big Bud. Dinafem has a super critical haze using his Critical+ strain, which I find amazing 8 weeks, little stretch, heavily sativa dom, but not total hazey, and SCH is Critical+ x Super silver, said to be a larger producing super silver, I have Critical+ and Critical Jack Herrer, the Critical Jack is very close to any Jack Herrers I've grown, has almost no relation to the Critical+ minus the bud structure is very dense and huge. But Jack is generally 12-14 weeks, Good super silver shouldn't go much over 10-11 weeks if its a good pheno and growing conditions are proper.

Blue Dream tests at 10% THC, definitely on the lower end of the THC spectrum (considering buds only, not oil or hash), that runs as high as 23% (Fire OG) and 26% (Cut #3). The CBD and CBN in Blue Dream are also way less than a half percent, so it is not potency you're seeking in a replacement for the finicky strain, but non-potency characteristics. While some folks find BD to be a special aid versus migraines, until you posted I had no idea it was anything but lame garbage which I dumped a while back.

DJ Short has anew strain out called "Azure Haze" which is the same cross as the original strain. He used the original SSSH female used in the Blue Dream cross but used a Blueberry male which was an F3 whereas the original used an F4 Blueberry male. It's probably the closest thing you will find to the original in seed form unless you can find some long gone "Blue Heaven" which was essentially the same as Blue Dream.

You can find it at several dispensaries in the Detroit area for under $100.00 a 10 pack of regular seeds.

Blue Dream tests at 10% THC, definitely on the lower end of the THC spectrum (considering buds only, not oil or hash), that runs as high as 23% (Fire OG) and 26% (Cut #3). The CBD and CBN in Blue Dream are also way less than a half percent, so it is not potency you're seeking in a replacement for the finicky strain, but non-potency characteristics. While some folks find BD to be a special aid versus migraines, until you posted I had no idea it was anything but lame garbage which I dumped a while back.

I agree that it was a weaker high than I was expecting, but there is something strange about it. After a few days it was all I wanted to vape.

10% huh. Growing technique ????, harvested early, not true BD strain? Not my experience with the strain. Rapid grower(luvs light), veg to 20" under 1000w, flowered 1 plant covers .85m2 SOG in the net. Never had it tested but better than 10% I am very sure of.

Because the effect is more uplifting instead couch lock it is misperceived IMO

Edit: No problem cloning, don't even use any cloning gel or such just rockwool under a dome. Was developed for hydo though not dirt I think.

Archived