Attn Flint, Mmj + Guns = Federal Charges?

Confirmed by David Layton.

Anyone in Flint that has a felony conviction will be referred to the feds if they have a firearm.

It's not clear yet if that would include persons with no former felony conviction.

I'm thinking this wouldn't apply without any former record.

Still not quite positive on that.

I'll put up more information when I find out.

Manufacturing any drugs and possessing firearms is automatic 2 year sentence just for the firearm, then your sentence for everything else. You cannot have firearms and grow medicinal marijuana, regardless of state legality, firearms + growing = mandatory minimum, its been like that long before any medical laws.

Manufacturing any drugs and possessing firearms is automatic 2 year sentence just for the firearm, then your sentence for everything else. You cannot have firearms and grow medicinal marijuana, regardless of state legality, firearms + growing = mandatory minimum, its been like that long before any medical laws.

Two years is state law.

Is that federal law also?

Two years is state law.

Is that federal law also?

as far as I know, I'm not a legal expert by any means but it was always my understanding, far before medical laws that if you're going to do it do not have any guns, if you grow or manufacture any forms of any drugs a firearm would be mandatory minimum, I didn't think the state had mandatory minimums just federal, maybe it was worded wrong to me, I know when I got everything situated in my new house I made sure to take my firearms to my fathers and put them in his gun safe to cover my behind.

If charged with CSA and have fire arms you're boned for sure. But we've had MM patients get their guns returned to them here in Michigan.

The propaganda machine is just getting warmed up about felons, guns, and MM. They'll say anything to poison the public's opinion of us, and our medicine.

Need to find stats of how many guns are involved in the illegal narcotic pain pill black market shootings and killings in Michigan.

Then we can start hammering Schuette about screwing up a real drug problem he should be focused on but then again, he has his pharma campaign contributors to placate.

I am not surprised about this if they are saying growing legally makes it so you cant own a gun...It seems to me that any time a person takes advantage of the MMJ laws the govt wants to take away other rights as if being able to choose your own medicine is a privilege rather than a right..You card your card you get no insurance ...You get your card expect to run into troubles renewing your drivers license All the more reason to fight back!

If we do the simple math:

1 illegal by law = 1 illegal by law

1 legal by law = 1 legal by law.

So by their math: 1 legal by law + 1 legal by law = illegal by law?

They must have gone to a different school and dropped out in jr high.

At some point this is going to work against them as anytime they bring up Cannabis as tied to a gun charge there will be one juror that will just say not guilty period . Most people I know have had their long guns since childhood . I am not saying its safe in terms of arrest but they keep the breaches open and ammo 3 steps away in their own homes out of respect for law enforcement as a compromise . They hunt in season . However I wouldn't kick down their doors in the middle of the night unnanounced ( or at all for those on ambien ) or break in counting on a free pass ;-) ! .

Ahh see, that's where they get you. Bill Schuette's recent opinion he prominently states that Growing and using MMJ is still illegal, it just says we are not prosecuted for it. So, that's where they get you, he says it is still illegal, no matter how you look at it, there is just a loophole where we don't get in trouble for it.

So, if that is the mentality, they can hit you with the gun charge without hitting you with the Manufacture charge.

Cannabis ceased to be illegal for registered patients when Michigan's Initiated Law 1 of 2008 was passed by the majority of voters.

We are freeborn sovereign state citizens, possessing unalienable rights which cannot be voluntarily surrendered or forcefully taken, living in the sovereign state of Michigan. By the original and organic Constitution for the united states, all states are guaranteed a republic form of government. We are not federal citizens, but as sovereign state citizens, are considered as their enemy.

I believe federal citizens have not either unalienable or inalienable rights, but only certain priveleges which are granted to them by the federal gov't and can also be taken away by them at their whim for any reason they see fit.

Archived