Michele Bachmann's Openly Gay Stepsister, Attended Obama's Inauguration

EdwardGlen

Wow..For a women who claims to be a super christian Michele Bachmann is nothing more than another republican hypocrite.

The so called 'conservative movement' in America has hijacked and perverted the Christian religion in order to enrich and empower themselves at any cost. By definition, there isn't one single Christian in the conservative christian political movement in America today.

Christian extremists are a bigger threat to America's security than any other group in the world. Christian extremists have boots on the ground, and usually those boots are on the neck of a poor person, a gay person or, a person of color other than white.

Where there is no capacity to affirm another as a person in his own right, there is no love. There is only masked fear.

- Bonaro Overstreet

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/15/helen-lafave-michele-bachmanns-stepsister_n_898761.html

Salon.com's Natasha Lennard has unearthed footage of Helen LaFave, Michele Bachmann's openly gay stepsister, being interviewed following President Barack Obama's January 2009 Inauguration.

LaFave is featured in the clip with Nia Wronski, whom The Daily Beast reports is her partner of 15 years.

Julie Philips, the videographer, asks LaFave what it means to her to be at the inauguration.

“It’s very important to me to be here just because it’s starting something new," LeFave says in the video. "Just the movement throughout the country it seems like a reawakening of the country, and to be part of that and to see the first African American president take office is very meaningful."

Michele Bachmann's husband Marcus runs Bachmann & Associates, a Christian counseling clinic in Minnesota that reportedly practices a type of therapy that treats homosexuality as a curable disorder.

When pressed on the matter by a local reporter earlier this week, the conservative congresswoman declined to address the subject.

Marcus Bachmann recently came under fire for comments he made last year comparing gay individuals to "barbarians" who "need to be educated" and "disciplined." The Star Tribune reports that he sought to distance himself from the remarks by saying, "I was talking in reference to children. Nothing, nothing to do with homosexuality. That's not my mindset. That's not my belief system. That's not the way I would talk."

Archived