Thoughts About A Community Of Medical Marijuana Users

EdwardGlen

Each citizen should play his part in the community according to his individual gifts.

- Plato

http://420spotter.com/906/thoughts-about-a-community-of-medical-marijuana-users.html

All members in a community of medical marijuana users want to be healthy. They advocate for wider use of medicinal marijuana, because they see it as a useful, but often overlooked remedy. To a large extent that way of thinking has been reflected in comments made by the surgeon general of the United States, Dr. Regina Benjamin.

She recently spoke with Eryn Brown, a reporter for the Los Angeles Times. She was in Los Angeles on March 4, 2011, in order to receive an Image Award from the NAACP. Dr. Benjamin knows a good deal about the establishment of clinics. Her clinic in Louisiana was destroyed and rebuilt three times over a period of ten years. Her contribution to each rebuilding process helped to earn for her the attention of the NAACP.

The nonprofit agencies that distribute medical marijuana serve many of the same functions as a clinic. Those people who work at such an agency must be familiar with the various disorders that can be treated or alleviated through use of medical marijuana. Each of those individuals can contribute to the health of the entire community.

Here is what Dr. Benjamin has said about the extent to which a community is responsible for its own health: “We can’t look at health in isolation. It’s not just in the doctor’s office…If you have a health community, you have a healthy individual.”

hey edwardglen

thanks for all the resources you supply us all here the reads have always been great finds imo... this one is so needed to be heard... she is a wise person... people helping each other is so what this is all about... im glad she has seen it and spoken about it... now why is it so hard for others to understand this... when you help anyone it helps you and things become a happier place to be in... when i see sick folks being able to smile it lift me like nothing else... thanks bro

abbe

hey edwardglen

thanks for all the resources you supply us all here the reads have always been great finds imo... this one is so needed to be heard... she is a wise person... people helping each other is so what this is all about... im glad she has seen it and spoken about it... now why is it so hard for others to understand this... when you help anyone it helps you and things become a happier place to be in... when i see sick folks being able to smile it lift me like nothing else... thanks bro

abbe

Thank You. I believe in cannabis as medicine, and I believe in this community.

I wish the newspapers would stop using the 'M' word. The plant is called Cannabis and it's a plant, not a drug.

A lot of folks, when you talk to them about medical 'marijuana', have trouble with the 'M' word. More than 70 yrs of very bad juju in that word. Racism, bigotry, yellow journalism, lies, and who knows what else associated with the word.

Talk of cannabis though, and it seems that a lot of folks are much less put-off by it, and even willing to listen, at least from my personal experience.

Politics is a game of words. The 'M' word, because it's steeped in decades of vicious lies, still scares a lot of people because of the darkness surrounding it, and is one of the negative things some of the public still holds against us. Just because of the name, which is Mexican slang and a misnomer. All some folks need to do is hear the 'M' word and their logical mind shuts right off. Remember, the 'Reefer Madness' lies are still believed by so many today.

What you call a thing, dictates how it's perceived and how the people associated with it are perceived. We want to be perceived in a positive way as the law abiding legal patients that we are. The 'M' word does not put us in that positive light, but rather the opposite.

I stopped using the 'M' word years ago. It has made a positive difference to many people I've conversed with about it who would have been turned off by the 'M' word. Cannabis is more likely to be accepted by some people than the word 'marijuana'. It is a name game.

It works for me. What you call it is up to you, but think about it, and see what difference a single word can make.

Peace.

Archived