I Was Vistited By Local Police

Boston1029

Hello Everyone,

2 Weeks ago I was visited by my local police department of Roseville, Michigan. It wasn't a raid, nor a sting, or para military style raid. I had a house fire and the fire department went into my grow room downstairs. The fire wasn't from my grow room. It was a wall fire started by fireplace. I give Roseville Police Department 5 stars. They were kind, considerate, and asked only important questions. Questions only pertaining to Patients/Ids, My IDs, and Paperwork. They counted my patients plants and verified my information and my patients information and that was the end of it. Personally I was scared to death, because I was having a memorial service for a friend who had past. With 10 people left from the service at 2:30 am at my house I was scared everyone would get arrested. But, deep down inside I said nothing to worry about its Roseville. The city that enacted a law allowing it within the city. dispensaries ordinance 1909. I am both relieved by my first official visit, and being compliant, and still scared over the recent talks about mmmj program. Allot of this is stemming from Oakland County. I don't know what the hell is going on in Oakland County but they need to follow in the steps of other cities where they are complying with the law and the officers who are Excellent Police Officers who know the law and abid by it, Whether they agree or not. There were 5 Officers and The one Officer said to me "We are not Oakland County" and we are only looking for the Illegal large scale growing facilities "And the officer said that he used to work for Narcotics". "We don't care if you grow, only that you are following the law". He also mentioned that one of my patients ids were about to expire and wanted to make sure I knew and i told him yeah the paperwork was in process. My patients have a long history with there Doctors. I don't understand why many other doctors who are born here, raised here, and practice medicine here don't open there hearts. MY doctor is in the MCClaren Medical System and she said to me "I didn't know I could do this", I said yes as long as you are a M.D. and or D.O. She filled out my paperwork. I have seen this doctor for 10 years and have a long history with her. I am glad at there are some doctors original from Michigan that cares enough to step up to the plate to help me with my disease and others who are suffering, and allowing me to obtain medical marijuana. Come on Michigan Doctors There isn't anything to prevent you, and the STATE LAW Protects You...

anyhow...that is my story and again Thank You Roseville Police by leading with a excellent Service, and Being Compassionate towards patients and caregivers. MOCC has regular meetings in roseville too. The forefront of getting people involved.

My HATS OFF TO YOU ALL

P.S. I got pulled over the other day by Roseville Police Department and Nothing was mentioned about Medical Marijuana at all. It seems they dealt with me and I was compliant and there were no further issues. Again WoW, Roseville Police...

I agree...We need more good stories, of people doing the right thing and showing Michigan we are suffers and this is our medicine. Do it right, Don't ruin it for the the severally ill people who are is desperate need of this medicine. It truly is a God Given Medicine that Helps Us Relieve our pain and suffering.

Good to know there are more and more officials coming on board and showing proper respect for the law as they should.

The rest of them on the right need to come out of the dark and see the light.

Keep posting the good articles. :thumbsu:

Pretty sweet deal,, I am glad and I think there are many good police officers. I think if you act in a respectful manner and are within the law they will treat you good. We do need more good stories cause many new people are getting scared :(

I'm still scared, but not as much, I got through the visitation without having a heart attack (I have Heart Issues too)...Its Scary when you are doing something that has been banned for years. Please share your good stories so that many others are connected and not afraid. It's okay if you are following the law...Is this board in any way connected with Law enforcnement, or law enforcement presence? If so, please be compassionate to those that are ill. Remember when you enter a persons home they might be handicapped, and seriously ill and raiding, with guns drawn is in someways can be life threatening to the patient also. We are compassionate people with a serious illnesses and we respect you and please reach out to the Michigan Medical Marihuana Community to find ways on making it all work and the Michigan Medical Marihuana Patients and Caregivers and law makers put your differences aside and work together. Lets Make it Work Michigan. Ween out the bad apples!

Glad everything went good with it expect the house fire lol. I have had my LEO come to my house they were respectfull to me and my house I showed them my paperwork and they looked at my plants to make shure I was in compliance with the law. But I felt like I was gonna have a hart attack also, and I also have hart problems sence I was 3 years old

MC

Glad everything went good with it expect the house fire lol. I have had my LEO come to my house they were respectfull to me and my house I showed them my paperwork and they looked at my plants to make shure I was in compliance with the law. But I felt like I was gonna have a hart attack also, and I also have hart problems sence I was 3 years old

MC

hey mc, i didnt know that city pd was at your house. and i sure as heck didnt know you had heart problems. how does that work with the meds, do you ever have angina or anything???

Well done on BOTH sides- you were legal and properly documented, and within the law. You were able to show that and the police respected you for it and did their jobs as well. Both were respectful and this is the way it should be. What I really liked to hear is that your primary care doctor was able to do your cert and signed it. Well done all around.

Dr. Bob

i also have had no issues with any police department. ive been pulled over 4 times now in the past 2 months. once in grand blanc township (by flint), once in hamburg. once in howell, and brighton. all the cops seen my card. wanted to see the meds to make sure i wasnt over my limit. and all of them gave me a warning. loud exhaust. no issues at all with the meds. so thank you hamburg township police, michigan state police, brighton police dept, and grand blanc town ship. im glad to see there are some leo going by the law. the one hamburg sergent told me that it was some really strong smelling pot. and put it back in my trunk lol.

king of buds

hey mc, i didnt know that city pd was at your house. and i sure as heck didnt know you had heart problems. how does that work with the meds, do you ever have angina or anything???

Yeah they were at my house around end of feb or beginning of march, yeah I had open heat surgey when I was three years old I have a heart mermer and totogley of flow.

Yes doc bob it was nice to have the officers be respectfull to me and my home, I was respectfull to the officers also.

MC

Great story its good to hear that the police respect the law in most places. I find your story rather ironic because the same exact thing happened to me. We had a house fire but not realting to the grow setup at all. The worst part about it was just earlier that day we had pulled out 5 male plants and they were not in the actual room and were sitting just outside of it. When the police came they just came up to me and asked about the plants, I told them I had a medical card and showed it to him and they never brought up another word about it. This was in Holland btw.

I think thats great!!! Im really glad to see the positive stories out there, everyone is so stuck on the negatives sometimes!!! Im happy there are Leo's that follow the law and dont think they are above it. Thats Fantastic!!!!!

Lets encourage all our areas to respect the people and patients!!!

i also have had no issues with any police department. ive been pulled over 4 times now in the past 2 months. once in grand blanc township (by flint), once in hamburg. once in howell, and brighton. all the cops seen my card. wanted to see the meds to make sure i wasnt over my limit. and all of them gave me a warning. loud exhaust. no issues at all with the meds. so thank you hamburg township police, michigan state police, brighton police dept, and grand blanc town ship. im glad to see there are some leo going by the law. the one hamburg sergent told me that it was some really strong smelling pot. and put it back in my trunk lol.

king of buds

With the raid in Fowlerville now as well as the case in Judge Geddis's court ( and others ) where they didn't allow a medical defense and brought a young man up on DUID who was severely disabled I am getting mixed messages ( I heard the legal fee's for that are in the thousands of dollars ) . I live in your area . Some of the participants in the raid for LawNet live or work close . I am glad to hear it but confused what triggers problems . The Sheriff has been very vocal about being against the Law in the press . I am left to believe without any proof that it is really hit or miss up there . It appears they go after people with some sort of ties to dispesories or policy is not uniform in the County . I am not taking sides though I think a once or twice a week Farmers Market system is best and if it was up to me Farmers Market would mean just that out in the open at the local Public Farmers Market so people could see were just average folks that are sick . I believe the demographics are very highly loaded in the 40 year old to 60 year old age groups though the younger activists with their energy seem to get around in public best as a age group . Hamburg sure has grown . I don't get out much but was very impressed with the facilities built on Merril as well as the bike trail on the old railroad bed . At one time I lived off LIttle Ore , wish I could of stayed but life took me in a different direction . It is imperitive to patient saftey and the evolution of medicinal Cannabis that good relations are developed with Law Enforcement .

Archived