Unflushed Meds, Can You Tell?

IMHO burning lips after a few tokes is common for unleached or over fertilized meds. And of course hacking up a lung on every hit is a sure sign.

Not true in all cases...I've dosed with medical cannabis grown by a thirty plus year cultivator that made me 'hack up a lung'.

Curious here, can you tell if meds are going to leave a black,hard,nasty tasting,etc....just by looking/smelling it.I have been smoking a while and I don't think I can.Bummer when you get a nice big batch of headache bud!!!!! Need some input.Thanks

To answer your question in general no. If the bud is extremely nute burned itll have a yellow look to it but that could be strain specific as well. The smell wont be as strong or pungent if the nutes are locked in still. The ash when it burns will be black instead of that light grey it should be indicating there are salts (which burn black) in the leaf material (which burns grey).

Flushing for 7 to 14 days will remove alot of the excess everything. Feeding at the correct rates and checking ppm/ph the whole time to ensure your feeding correctly ensures your flush time is long enough and that you wont need to feed up till harvest that way.

Peace

Curious here, can you tell if meds are going to leave a black,hard,nasty tasting,etc....just by looking/smelling it.I have been smoking a while and I don't think I can.Bummer when you get a nice big batch of headache bud!!!!! Need some input.Thanks

as far as I know there is only two way to find outif the plant has been flushed.

1. burn some of it if it turn white it clean, if it turn black it wasn't flushed at all and if it somewhere between then it wasn't flush right.

2. the other is test it send it to a lab and have it tested and then it will show you how much nutreint are still in the plant aor medicine.

I can tell on both smell and use!

most likely because i get alot that is a lil early,,(c.g making room) so i just make oil out of it all,,I dont suggest butter might not be potent enough,,with bho you always get same product just less of it when it is not full grown,,,and watch the butane,,stop when it turns clear!

Peace

FTW

Jim

most likely because i get alot that is a lil early,,(c.g making room) so i just make oil out of it all,,I dont suggest butter might not be potent enough,,with bho you always get same product just less of it when it is not full grown,,,and watch the butane,,stop when it turns clear!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Holy Phaq welcome back. LOL.

This is good advise. Also true for hermie bud if you end up getting that

except I think butter would be ok with that as long as you used extra as

hermie meds are weaker I am sure.

Peace

FTW

Jim

Welcome back Jim!

Peace

FTW

Jim

Welcome back Jim!!!!

Looks like MMMA is back in bizness.

A few of us Caregivers took same strains from our crops , we took half down without flushing and flushed the others just to see what the difference would be . Neither tasted different or looked any different , We all use gh floro series . Also if you read other growing sites some say no differnce and some say there is , Even though I have seen no difference I still flush just so my patients aren't smokin,vaping,ingesting nutrients.

Holy Phaq welcome back. LOL.

This is good advise. Also true for hermie bud if you end up getting that

except I think butter would be ok with that as long as you used extra as

hermie meds are weaker I am sure.

Thank you ozzrokk you will have to tell me you old name lol! only reason i dont make butter with it is because it is weaker, and i already double or triple the amount of mm per lb of butter, i do 2 zips per and its good,,,but on the other hand its the only thing i make that i gain mm weight on,,,1/4lb mm makes me 2lbs of butter,,1/4 lb of mm makes me 3 to 8 grams depending on strength! Most times im trying to lose some weightage!

Peace

Welcome back Jim!

Thank you rhino its nice to be back amongst friends!

Peace

Welcome back Jim!!!!

Looks like MMMA is back in bizness.

now you i have not seen in a long time,,how are you,,thank you for your kind words!

Peace

A few of us Caregivers took same strains from our crops , we took half down without flushing and flushed the others just to see what the difference would be . Neither tasted different or looked any different , We all use gh floro series . Also if you read other growing sites some say no differnce and some say there is , Even though I have seen no difference I still flush just so my patients aren't smokin,vaping,ingesting nutrients.

Thats great news to share! we all do things a lil dif,,kinda like to cure or not to cure,,I know lots of growers using them dryer racks and not curing at all,,no prob here,,i get the whole plant,,i find it is better to cure,,,there are times my c.g comes back and a few months later i roll one,,he is like wow that taistes nice,,who did ya get that from?:rolleyes:

I just tell him a guy a i know that grows good,,i mean realy good mm! (he grew it lol)

Peace

FTW

Jim

• 5 months later...

Usually, unflushed meds, when rolled in a doobie will not stay lit, will have a black ash as opposed to a whitish ash. If this is the case, return them to your caregiver, or the dispensing unit that you acquired them from, they can be harmful to patients. Peace ... j.b.

These are the same symptoms a patient is seeing. Since it can't be smoked, is it safe to vape? If not, can someone suggest how the pt should start the conversation with the cg? I could imagine the pt saying the meds weren't flushed, then the cg saying they were. Then what?

I use organic nutes and definitely notice a lack of intense taste and smoothness. Ie. Generic taste and coughing flem, if I don't give water only for at least a week before harvest.

Flushing an organic grow is completely useless unless someone can explain to me how nature would flush? If you know plant physiology then you would see that flushing is of no use! All flushing does is deprive a plant of vital nutrients at a time when they are needed. Show me the science behind the flushing myth and I might consider it, otherwise it's a waste of time.

Flushing an organic grow is completely useless unless someone can explain to me how nature would flush? If you know plant physiology then you would see that flushing is of no use! All flushing does is deprive a plant of vital nutrients at a time when they are needed. Show me the science behind the flushing myth and I might consider it, otherwise it's a waste of time.

I would have to agree....from my understanding the whole flushing thing stems from a desire to remove salts and what not ....aka synthetic fertilizers.