Can You Identify/test An Unknown Strain?

Morhawk

Well, it seems my patient got bored and started some seeds. (all died but one).. I now have a teen plant alongside my seedlings. My plans are to take clones from this plant within the next few days, just for the sake of practice, why not.. But I am curious if there is a way if for some reason it does well and actually produces some good med to have it tested to see what the genetics are. I have seen I can get it tested for CBD/THC content (feel free to give me info (where, costs) on how to do that also, if you are reading this)

Thank you

• 1 year later...

The name does'nt affect the THC levels or medicinal value in any way. Im not familiar and have never had any of my meds tested, but i know good meds from trash. I would think that an experinced grower should be able to determine the makeup (sativa/indica) ratio based on growing charecteristics.knowing that will help you alot. Testing is all just a number when it comes down to it and that number will not determine how the meds will make a certain patient feal. I Believe everyone reacts differently to different strains and through extensive and i mean extstensive testing with good communication with a patient you should be able to find the right strain to suit there needs. I know what works for me and when.I'm a Patient and a Caregiver so i do testing my-self and make some recomendations.poof poof :bong7bp: :bong7bp:

It can cost $35-45 for a test. Its well worth the cost. Everyone thinks they have the dankest....but its not until its tested that you will really know what you have. Someone that has been around the block a couple of times with growing could give you a general idea of what type of plant you have by the way it looks/grows....leaf structure, branching etc. Flowering time is another give away. i think it all comes down to personal preference as far as if she is a keeper or not. Cannalytics in Lansing does a good job IMHO! I have an accidental cross that I can't wait to see cross the finish line....Cinderella 99/The Big, it should be awesome! The name I'm giving her already is....how do you like BigCindy?

• 4 months later...

It can cost $35-45 for a test. Its well worth the cost. Everyone thinks they have the dankest....but its not until its tested that you will really know what you have. Someone that has been around the block a couple of times with growing could give you a general idea of what type of plant you have by the way it looks/grows....leaf structure, branching etc. Flowering time is another give away. i think it all comes down to personal preference as far as if she is a keeper or not. Cannalytics in Lansing does a good job IMHO! I have an accidental cross that I can't wait to see cross the finish line....Cinderella 99/The Big, it should be awesome! The name I'm giving her already is....how do you like BigCindy?

That plant called "The Big" : if it is from BC then it is the strain formerly known as "Free Leonard". It is kind of sad to see someone take someone else's strain and rename it, especially if the originator is a former activist who is now deceased.

Well just in case inquiring minds want to know.. The plant turned out to be a male.. So who care's what strain it was...lol Well, maybe a breeder..haha I have since been growing several different strains that I know the names of.. Well, at least the name that I ordered, who knows what it really is.

I just have started two more strains that will need sampled.. Unfortunately, cujo, the Supreme Court just said no samples for you unless we each provide two virgin chicken sacrifices, drive in a circle, and go through 3 years of court...